Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Drunken Dune Tavern (Semi-Closed) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: The Drunken Dune Tavern (Semi-Closed) (/showthread.php?tid=12949)

Pages: 1 2

The Drunken Dune Tavern (Semi-Closed) - Ampere - 08-11-2015

((OOC: This takes place in an establishment within Ul'dah, but is meant to be quite a bit more low-key, and perhaps more seedy, than the Quicksand. Please PM any of the current active participants if you feel like it'd be a cool place to join and contribute and/or do your own thing.))

Ampere Greystorm entered the dimly-lit interior of a rather ramshackle tavern, making a somewhat obvious attempt to pull his wide-brimmed hat further down over his face while still maintaining vision over the rest of the patrons in the room. Judging by how he had shakily positioned it far past his eyes, and then subsequently had to lift the hat up again in order to make a few twitchy adjustments, the Duskwight Elezen had been less than successful.

The bartender eyed him oddly, but said nothing, gruffly turning his weathered face away and waiting for Ampere to be the one to make the approach. While some would consider the treatment rude, this was actually the kind of behavior the oddly dressed lancer had preferred.

For he was in fact looking for someone quiet, who did not talk much. In fact, Ampere would even dare to say that he was searching for a person that was even more silent than himself.

Wouldn't that be a sight to see.

RE: The Drunken Dune Tavern (Semi-Closed) - Oilbasedoleander - 08-11-2015

With a sneeze and a sniffle, the traveled Miqo'te was bested by the sun's rays causing a reaction. She rubbed her freckled nose against the worn material of her glove and managed to saunter at this point through Pearl Lane unharmed and with the same amount of Gil before she entered. 

She could hear the merchants calling over each other at the exchange not an alm away, her ears swiveling to catch familiar words in case something she fancied was being offered. The distraction had her stumbling over wooden crates and into a resident with dirty feet and smelled of a week with out baths.

Elle let out a gasp through her scarf and backed up. Pointed ears pinning down in worry over the man's reaction as he let out a yell and flailed a drunken hand towards her... general direction. Her hands raised as a white flag, her mistake and apologies could only be interpreted through shakes of her head and gesturing to herself and then him.

The uncoordinated denizen muttered a few racial slurs before launching himself at her tiny unprepared form, and yet she fluidly side stepped his haphazard attack with wide eyes and a hand covering her mouth. Watching the poor sod crash into the crates she attempted to avoid earlier.

She didn't wait for his next move and took off, sprinting down the alley with her bow and quiver jostling with her movements. Bounding over a Hyur on his mat, passed out with empty bottles surrounding his make-shift home and turned to find doors to a place she'd never seen before. Her trips to Ul'dah were fairly short, and the alcoves were undiscovered because she took to the main roads. 

Taking in the doors with skepticism, the hollering of one angry gentlemen had her pushing them open and shutting them quickly behind her. Her back pressed against the wood, huffing and puffing through the scarf to regain her composure. Her gold slitted hues finally lifted and adjusted to the dimmer light of the establishment. It was... quaint? That's a nice enough word for it. Her boots tapping against the stone floors making her way towards a shadowed corner to hide from her pursuer and pulling the scarf up around her mouth. A habit for comfort.

RE: The Drunken Dune Tavern (Semi-Closed) - Ampere - 08-12-2015

Ampere noted the rushed entrance of a seemingly panicked Miqo'te, vaguely wondering what her hurry was for. His lips turned into a frown as he began to chastise himself for his musings. What use was there to ponder the circumstances of a stranger, when he himself was also so desperately pressed for time?
After all, the pale Elezen needed to get started quickly on his beast hunt if he wanted a decent shot at the reward, but he also needed to find someone to complete a certain separate task for him, all before sundown. It's why he had entered such a little-known establishment in the first place. What he desired was an air of confidentiality and subtlety.

Suddenly a sharp, aggravated growl was heard, followed by the jarring thud of a knocked over wooden table. Ampere lifted up his hat so he could stare in confusion as multiple brawls seemed to spontaneously erupt within the tavern's interior. 

The lancer tried to search for a reason for the sudden commotion, but judging by how other patrons laughed and cheered the combatants, and the barkeep simply gripped the handle of his machinist gun with a relatively calm demeanor, Ampere could only assume that this was a rather common occurrence.

Groaning as he dragged his wide-brimmed hat further down his face, the Elezen decided that he should have seen this coming. In Ul'dah, a less reputable tavern didn't mean that the people inside more calm and cautious, it simply meant that there were less people who cared about stopping bar fights when they inevitably broke out. 

Concluding that this was far from the most appropriate place to seek out a discreet individual, Ampere was about to turn to leave when he caught sight of the Miqo'te he had seen before, who had now blended herself into a shadowy corner. In contrast to the rest of the Drunken Dune's rowdy residents, she seemed much more quiet and reserved, pulling her scarf to hide a portion of her face...much like what Ampere himself frequently did with his hat. They were simply covering up the opposite hemispheres of their heads, as it were.

Shrugging and decided he had nothing in particular to lose, the grey clothed lancer made his way across the room towards the Miqo'te, deftly dodging haphazardly thrown punches and flying drinks along the way. 

"Excuse me. I have a proposition for you. I offer a relatively high amount of pay for a relatively simple task." Ampere spoke quietly as he finally reached the scarfed woman's corner.

Saying little else in the way of explanation, the Elezen reached into his satchel and pulled out a hefty pouch of gil, setting it gently on the surface of the table between him and the Miqo'te.

"The reason I'm asking you is because everyone else seems...well..." Ampere paused as he turned around, his eyes squinting at the various cacophonous altercations still taking place. "...Somewhat preoccupied. May I sit down?"

RE: The Drunken Dune Tavern (Semi-Closed) - Oilbasedoleander - 08-12-2015

Elle's long bow, the same height as herself, tapped the ground and leaned against the wall to rest alongside the quiver so she could take a seat. Adjusting her tail to wrap over her thighs she pulled the fingerless gloves from her hands and dropped them onto the table with a little sigh of relief. Clenching and widening her digits in a stretch and hearing the popping sensations of her knuckles. 

The tavern's crowd went from sullen to boisterous in a heartbeat. Fists flew and patrons egged on the fighters, some engaging in drunken combat. Her ears flipped upwards and her eyes widened in surprise, flickering to the glass mug that smashed against a wall not to far from her. She flinched hearing the crack of a jaw and slowly reached for her weapon... just in case someone had other plans for the small Seeker tonight.

But a tall figure blocked the chaotic scene. A very tall figure and the slimmer build suggested Elezen. Her gold eyes followed the up his abdomen to his chest slowly and stopped in shock at the grey hat adorning his head. She a blinked a few times up at the pale elf, relinquishing her hold on the bow and waited for an introduction.

"Excuse me. I have a proposition for you. I offer a relatively high amount of pay for a relatively simple task." Ampere spoke quietly as he finally reached the scarfed woman's corner.

Saying little else in the way of explanation, the Elezen reached into his satchel and pulled out a hefty pouch of gil, setting it gently on the surface of the table between him and the Miqo'te.

"The reason I'm asking you is because everyone else seems...well..." Ampere paused as he turned around, his eyes squinting at the various cacophonous altercations still taking place. "...Somewhat preoccupied. May I sit down?"

She nodded slowly, gesturing a tanned hand to the seat next to her. A bit bewildered by the coin purse sitting before her and contemplating what this 'simple' task could be. She was no seasoned archer. Not that her skills weren't subpar, but her training was still in progress and depending on the situation, she might not be much help to the lanky elf. 

Chewing on her lip in apprehension beneath the material, she cleared her throat and adjusted her bottom on the creaky chair, tapping the pads of her pointer fingers together in wait. She couldn't exactly introduce herself, which may seem rude but her limitations were unknown to most individuals, so her mission in life now was to listen. And wait for the pale one to go into detail about this paid assignment.

RE: The Drunken Dune Tavern (Semi-Closed) - Ampere - 08-12-2015

Ampere pulled out a chair and sat down across from the Miqo'te, all the while staring at her contemplatively. So far she had only communicated to him through nods and hand gestures, which was actually sort of encouraging. He had definitely been looking for someone with a similarly taciturn nature.

"As I've said before, the task I request from you is not particularly complex, but it does require a certain amount of...discreetness. I ask that you not tell anyone else about what you have done after its completion." The Elezen continued to explain as he folded his hands on top of the table.

Taking some nearby spice shakers and arranging them in different positions, Ampere then began indicating to them as if they represented certain landmarks.

"Along the Sapphire Avenue Exchange, not too far from here, you'll find a small bakery shop at this nearby corridor." He said quickly as he traced his finger alongside one of the salt shakers. "I want you to deliver this bag of gil to a blonde haired woman that works there. Just say it's a random donation if she asks...but make sure she accepts it. I'll also pay you a hefty amount when you're done."

Ampere's lips creased slightly as he began adjusting his large hat again.

"Of course, I'm aware there's nothing really stopping you from taking the gil you're supposed to deliver and running away it, but know that I'll be watching, and if you do..." The Elezen paused, realizing only now that he was not particularly good at making threats. "...I will be really, really...disappointed. And sad. And I will probably give you a very pointed look if I see you again."

The lancer paused to glance at the Miqo'te after he finished listing out his vast number of severe consequences.

"...Please don't leave with the money." He whispered.

RE: The Drunken Dune Tavern (Semi-Closed) - Oilbasedoleander - 08-12-2015

This wasn't a mission to hunt. The usual task was to bring back nanny meat or slay vermin uprooting crop systems on small farms. Very rarely was it just a drop off, reminding her of a few favors she'd complete for merchants around Ul'Dah when she first came to the city escaping the harsh climate and dust storms of Thanalan. 

"...Please don't leave with the money." He whispered.

Questioning eyes focused on his face. His ability to threaten lost with a sound of a whispered plea to not steal the Gil he was generously donating to a lady in wait at the bakery. Her ears mimicked her gaze, lowering to the pouch once more. He seemed kind. And that kindness should be awarded with the mirrored sentiment. 

One ear lifted at the sound of a yell and rushing air. There was no time to think, she acted with speedy reflexes, standing and knocking her chair over with straightened knees. Her left hand shooting out and feeling the stinging slap of a metallic mug hitting her palm. The back of her hand gently tapping the Elezen's cheek, catching the projectile before it collided with the left side of his face.

She was leaned over the small table, wide gold eyes staring at him before narrowing and glaring into the direction of the rowdy group. The scarf slipping down to reveal her lips that she licked before heaving a sigh of frustration. They were acting like wildlings. 

Gingerly setting the mug down on the wooden surface she picked up the coin purse and closed her eyes. Giving a bow of her head towards the elf and gestured to her weapons as a sign of good faith. He'd watch her items, she'd deliver the spoils. Of course she wouldn't steal. It was against her nature and she valued honesty and integrity over her own selfish desires. Money was important, but so was gaining a good reputation. Voicing this fact was impossible, so instead she'd prove it by actions.

The rumble had subsided, her path unobstructed now as she headed towards the doors with a twitch of her tail. Sapphire exchange? She cut a path easily and rounded the bend towards the corridor he described. Eyes peeled for a sign depicting baked goods she stopped short. A blond female swept in front of the shop. 

She nodded in agreement with herself, this certainly was the recipient and the Miqo'te strode up to the lady, offering the pouch with no explanation.

The blond was about to question. She felt it and wordlessly grasped the female's hand, upturning it to cup the gil and curled her fingers over it. Elle humbly bowed her head before the maiden and turned on her heel quickly to escape, hiding with in the bustling crowd of the exchange, her tiny frame easily slipping away from sight.

RE: The Drunken Dune Tavern (Semi-Closed) - Ampere - 08-13-2015

Though the nimble Miqo'te made a speedy retreat into the nearby crowds of the city, she would perhaps catch sight of a darting shadow racing across nearby rooftops out of the corner of her eye.

An instant later, the same blonde haired woman from earlier would seemingly fall from the sky and land deftly in front of the Miqo'te, casually dusting off the long apron she was still wearing.

"Ha! Don't underestimate a former Ul'dahn street-rat! No one knows this city's inner workings better than the owner of the Blue Bangle Bakery!" The woman claimed proudly as she hefted up the gil pouch the Miqo'te had given her. "I need to ask you about this. Were you...told to give it to me, by someone?"

The bakery owner then motioned upwards with her hands, outlining a wide shape at the sides of her head.

"...Wears a big, grey hat, like this? White hair, kind of frowns a lot, tries to be serious and aloof but really just ends up acting kind of awkward most of the time?" The blonde woman smiled softly, not waiting for a response to her question as she looked at the bag of gil wistfully.

"He tried dropping off something like this before on his own. Placed it quietly on the counter all secretively, but I saw it and so he ended up running. I was tending to another customer at the time so I couldn't chase after him like I did you. That hat he wears...seems familiar somehow. I think me and the rest of my gang sewed up something similar many years ago...for a person that we knew." The woman murmured softly as she fingered a light blue bracelet that hung from her wrist.

"We all had an accessory like this. Called ourselves the Blue Bangle Bandits. We..didn't make the most reputable living, but a group of orphan kids on the streets had few other ways of getting by. Every one of them is...gone now, but the bakery belongs as much to them as it does to me. That's why I gave it such a weird name, heh." Her eyes then fell down to the pouch in her hands, as her fingers began to clutch it tightly.

"...Can I be honest with you? Every fiber of my being is yelling at me to give you this pouch back. To tell the Elezen that his kindness is appreciated, but not necessary. To show that I can stand on my own, as I've always had in the past." The blonde woman chewed her bottom lip as she looked into the Miqo'te's eyes. "...But business isn't the best, and I have people working under me now. Good people. People with families. I can't force them and their children to suffer because of my own foolish sense of pride. So...just tell him I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I wasn't a strong enough to refuse his charity."

She then held out one of her hands for the Miqo'te to shake.

"And tell him that both of you are welcome at the bakery anytime. You can order anything you like, even things that aren't on the menu. I'll cook it up in a jiffy. The name's Ophidia, by the way." Upon introducing herself, the bakery owner then looked off behind her.

"Well, I'm sure he's still waiting for your report, so I shan't keep you any longer. And, uh...I know it's incredibly selfish to make a request, especially after what you've just given me..." Ophidia trailed off as she looked to the side. "...But...see if you can be a good friend to him, okay? He seems..."

She paused for a moment as she looked back at the Miqo'te, her blue eyes clouded as if they were reflecting a memory she couldn't quite recall.

"...Lonely." 

With that, she smiled brightly and bowed respectfully, before racing back to her shop.

Meanwhile, back in the Drunken Dune, Ampere continued to sit patiently at the corner table, when suddenly the doors of the tavern's entrance flung open with a heavy force. A disoriented, seemingly intoxicated man stumbled in, passing through a slightly calmer crowd of patrons as he made his way to the Elezen.

"Youuu..." The odorous man drawled as he raised an unsteady finger towards the table Ampere sat at. "...That bow...loooksh...familiar..."

The hat-wearing lancer looked at the bow that he had been guarding rather protectively, then glanced back at the man with an arched eyebrow.

"...It does?"

RE: The Drunken Dune Tavern (Semi-Closed) - Oilbasedoleander - 08-13-2015

Elle figured, easy drop off. No problems what so ever. The lady received her settlement and the female feline could be on her way with out worries of answering a bombardment of questions. Happy to retrieve the property left in the hands of the pale haired Elezen. She weaved and bobbed among the crowd of strangers with a mixture of reactions towards her race. Trying desperately to not be distracted by a certain necklace that caught her eye at the jewelry stand. 

But the corners of her mouth drooped. Knowing full well that even a shiny object could not be a good enough distraction. It would draw even more attention to her flawed skin.

A sun kissed hand clutched at her chest, back peddling and stumbling into a large Roe in shock as the lady from before dropped out of the blue, blocking her path to the tavern. Her eyes searching above and around the vicinity. How was that even possible?!

An instant later, the same blonde haired woman from earlier would seemingly fall from the sky and land deftly in front of the Miqo'te, casually dusting off the long apron she was still wearing.

"Ha! Don't underestimate a former Ul'dahn street-rat! No one knows this city's inner workings better than the owner of the Blue Bangle Bakery!" The woman claimed proudly as she hefted up the gil pouch the Miqo'te had given her. "I need to ask you about this. Were you...told to give it to me, by someone?"

The Seeker's hands came up innocently, palms facing the blue eyed denizen and ears flattening against her scalp. Her eyes were large during the woman's prodding for information. Elle's lips were parted in an 'O' of disbelief beneath the material of her scarf. Unable to communicate clearly the intentions of the anonymous donater to her cause.

But the woman didn't wait, describing her charitable character down to a tee and Elle was now stuck. Listening to every word spilling from the fair bakery owner. Was this... love unrequited? Misunderstood? Her trip down memory lane of a boy she once knew owning the same familiar hat. 

The Miqo'te's body relaxed slowly in the woman's presence and slipped a hand into her's as a greeting. Introducing herself as Ophidia and Elle simply nodded in response, a gesture of pleasantry in exchange. On closer inspection, the girl was lovely, making Elle avert her gaze to keep from staring and feeling slightly insecure. Luckily, she did not ask for the Miqo'te's name in return, but she did request something peculiar that made her head tilt slightly in question.

To be his friend? It wasn't much of a choice, because off the damsel went leaving her to stare at the now empty hand before her. It was an odd day, that's for certain. She tossed her hair about in a shake and slowly turned to reunite with her weapons and languid elf, adjusting the scarf for optimal coverage of her throat.

She pushed open the door once more, letting the warm light illuminate the shabby tavern, only to stop in her tracks and stare at a familiar drunken figure who knowingly gestured towards her long bow. His head lulling in the direction of the new comer and his brows furrowing, clearly pissed and recognized her tanned hide, "You... you hid like a rat! Come 'ere an' fight meh! You started thish- I'll finish it!" A large hand held out and a finger pointing straight at her for good measure.

You'd think the patrons would have had enough fights for one day, but they tuned in eagerly and awaited on the new entertainment source. An inebriated oaf against the agile Miqo'te. 

She flailed helplessly and crossed her arms into an X formation in front of her. Trying to signal she didn't want the confrontation. Head shaking forcefully in denial. But the message was not received on his intoxicated end and he curled up his meaty hands into fists, planning to pound her to dust if he could.

Keeping on the balls of her feet, she readied herself anyways to go on the defense. He lunged haphazardly in her direction, bringing up a raised hand and she rolled to the left in an easy dodge, his fist colliding with a table top and splintered the wood. 

Bounding up onto the bar counter she ran down it towards the Lancer and the dimly lit corner. What a mess...

RE: The Drunken Dune Tavern (Semi-Closed) - Ampere - 08-13-2015

"You seem like the popular type." Ampere murmured as the Miqo'te raced towards him.

The Duskwight wasn't usually one to interfere in other people's altercations, but the dark-skinned girl had apparently completed his task for him, and had also saved him from a flying mug earlier. At the very least he could try and return the favor.

Reaching out and gently touching rampaging drunk's broad shoulder, Ampere attempted to put on his most soothing voice.

"...Maybe we should just sit down and talk about this." He suggested quietly. It didn't work.

The drunken man growled and grabbed at the lancer's gauntlet, hunching himself forward and exerting a tremendous force that threw the Elezen up over his shoulder. Rather than slamming into the floor or a nearby wall, however, Ampere simply twisted his body in mid-air and landed cleanly on top of a nearby table.

"Sorry, but I actually have more of an advantage off the ground than on it." Ampere said simply, before suddenly noticing that his right hand was now completely bare.

The large man who had just thrown him seemed equally perplexed, holding the stripped away gauntlet in one hand...and a shining blue bangle in the other.

The pale Elezen's eyes narrowed and darkened, as he flipped high off the table, barely avoiding a collision with the ceiling, then deftly planted both his feet into the drunken man's face upon landing.

As the man's burly frame crashed and shook the ground, Ampere calmly stepped off his head and caught the bracelet as it descended from the air, placing it securely back over his wrist.

"...Case in point." He muttered.  

Leaning forward so he could also retrieve his gauntlet from the floor, the lancer placed it back over his hand in order to once again hide his accessory, before turning to face the Miqo'te.

"Are you alright?"

RE: The Drunken Dune Tavern (Semi-Closed) - Oilbasedoleander - 08-13-2015

Brown boots hit the stone floor after leaping from the bar counter top, snatching up her bow and an arrow and with the ease of repetitive motion, drew the arrow back in a wide stance and aimed it towards the gentlemen. Her brows furrowing beneath her bangs, displaying she had had enough of his stupor and was ready to fire one off between his eyes. Her breath slow and steady to calm her racing heart.

But the Elezen had other plans and approached the stubborn male, hoping to alleviate the situation with a friendly chat. The response should not have been surprising at this point, tearing the glove from the elf's hand and holding bracelet out, puzzled at the Elezen's skills and the objects in his grasp.

The Hyur didn't see it coming. Squished beneath the foot of the pointed eared male retrieving his belongings and drawing the glove back over his bracelet for safe keeping.

Elle was floating between aghast and impressed, reflected in her large eyes. All the while he held a calm demeanor and inquired on her state of health. The string loosened as she lowered her weapon and brought her feet back together. Nodding quickly and heaving relieved sigh. Her penchant for trouble had put the elven acquaintance into harms way and she made her sincerest apologies known by crossing the distance and pressing a hand over her heart. With that she closed her eyes and bowed deeply before him. 

Raising up she met his gaze and lowered the scarf to reveal her lips. A warm smile of appreciation curved them upwards before they parted as if to speak. She pursed them together and lifted her wrist, pointing to it. Her mouth moving to enunciate 'bracelet' in question and with a tilt of her head. It had not escaped her attention that it matched the one the lovely lady wore. It was not any of her business... but her curiosity was difficult to contain. He'd either share or dismiss the topic, and that would be that.

RE: The Drunken Dune Tavern (Semi-Closed) - Ampere - 08-14-2015

Ampere's eyebrows raised as the Miqo'te he had assisted seemed to continue attempting to communicate with him purely through gestures and body language. He really had found a person who talked even less than he did, which was a rather extraordinary feat, at least according to most of the people he had met in the past.

However, despite her lack of words, the Elezen still picked up on her communication easily enough. Upon seeing her point to her wrist and the movements of her lips, he found himself looking to the side, as if distracted.

"Ah...that? It's just a keepsake, of sorts. I suppose you saw something similar on the woman I asked you to give the gil to." Ampere murmured as his eyes turned back to the Miqo'te. "But...they're not related. At least, not anymore."

Whether or not the lancer was going to say more on the subject would remain undiscovered, as the two of them were interrupted when the eyepatched barkeep walked over to their table and set a tray of ale down on its surface.

"Alright, drink up, you two." The man muttered in a gruff voice.

"But...I didn't order anything." Ampere replied in confusion, eyeing the drinks warily.

"You did when you decided that you'd rather not get hauled off for questioning by the city guards. Or at least I decided that for ya. In this place, drunken brawls are commonplace and no one bats an eye, but a fully sober Elezen doing a fancy pirouette in mid air and then kicking some poor sod's face in is quite a bit different. So hurry up and get some accountability into yer belly, and I'll be able to say that it was just the same old song and dance for anyone who comes askin'." The barkeep commanded before sauntering off.

"But...but I still have hunts to complete, I can't stay in this tavern and--" The lancer continued to protest when suddenly the doors swung open and a female Roegadyn stepped through with a hefty bag of gil and a beaming grin.

"Whoo! I killed them Peistes deader than dead! Every single one of 'em, and got me the reward money and some disembodied lizard heads to prove it! Time to pay back my tab!" The Roegadyn cheered.

The bartender rolled his single eye as he wiped out the inside of a mug with a washcloth. "Finally."

It did not take long for the pale Elezen to put two and two together.

"Wait...those Peistes...that was the hunt order I was--" Ampere began to say, but stopped and sighed, seating himself at the table.

Picking up one of the mugs of ale, he leaned over to sniff it cautiously, before his face contorted into a grimace at the smell. Nevertheless, he raised the glass up towards the Miqo'te.

"...Cheers to a fruitful day. My name is Ampere, by the way."  The Elezen introduced himself before giving the ale a tentative sip. "...And it seems I will be here for a while."

RE: The Drunken Dune Tavern (Semi-Closed) - Oilbasedoleander - 08-15-2015

She pondered over his words carefully, her gold eyes lifting to the ceiling in wonder. Same bracelets, but unrelated? And then her face twisted in disgust... what kind of stain was that up there?! Maybe it was best not to study it and continue on with her life and keep that mystery undisclosed. That, and his bracelet.

Which was exactly what she had planned, attempting to duck out before a mighty hand grasped her shoulder for attention. She frowned as the one eyed barkeep sat her into a chair with his amazing strength and placed large mugs onto the table. She rubbed her shoulder when he released, wondering if there were divots left behind from his vice-like grip.

The Elezen, too, seemed anxious to leave. That was until a Roe came in exclaiming the need to pay her tab, or possibly make it larger. She watched his sullen body sit in a chair across from her once more and take up his mug, a sniff... a grimace... but he cheers'd to her anyways. 

Quickly lifting up her ale with both small hands she nodded a couple times in agreement. Well- about the fruitful part. Him being there for a while seemed daunting. And the market was calling out to her, especially that necklace... It was pretty.

She blinked to bring the elf back into focus. Not meaning to drift off. But when you can't vocalize your thoughts, you get swept up in the prospects and ideas formulating consistently. This came with a price. To-many-a-lightpost had been run into. The bruises on her forehead proved it.

Ampere... why was he being so... civil towards her? She definitely had her share of snide remarks and rude quips from most of the Elezen, especially her encounters in Gridania. Didn't help that her partner in Archery, who happens to be a long-limbed one, snickered every time she drew her bow and distracted from her lessons. He looked down on her, and not just in the physical sense.

At the smell of the ale her discolored nose crinkled and she gently placed it back on the table, unsure of taking in the questionable liquid. 

Oh, she should probably return his introduction! Her eyes lowered, trying to figure out how to convey a namesake. She flailed for a moment to grab his attention once more and placed a hand over her chest. 

I am...

And reached across the table to gently take his hand into her warm one, turning his palm upwards and from there, traced letters with the pad of her finger across his sensitive skin in common. 

Elle.

The corners of her mouth upturned, proud of her minute accomplishment.

RE: The Drunken Dune Tavern (Semi-Closed) - Ampere - 08-16-2015

Ampere arched a brow as the Mi'qote across from him began to trace her name into the palm of his hand with her finger. He felt that he often understood the inclinations of quiet people, having been one himself for most of his life, but this was taking things to an entirely different level. Was she perhaps completely incapable of speaking at all?

The Elezen internally shook away his musings, it wasn't really his business either way. As long as he could understand what she was trying to convey, her method of communication was a non-issue.

"Nice to meet you Elle. I...trust I'm pronouncing that right." He said quietly as he reached into his satchel and withdrew a smaller pouch of gil than the one he had presented to the Miqo'te before. It was still a visibly significant amount nonetheless.

"So, I trust you were able to deliver the donation without too much trouble? I'm aware that the proprietor of the Blue Bangle Bakery can be a bit..." Ampere paused as he looked to the side. "...Insistent. If it's alright with you, I'd like for us to continue this kind of business arrangement for future deliveries." 

He then hoisted up his mug and clinked it gently against Elle's own, taking great care not to spill any of the liquid that sloshed around inside. Turning his gaze to the ground behind him, Ampere nudged the still unconscious drunkard on the ground with his boot, eliciting an incomprehensible groan from the sleeping man. The lancer turned back to the Miqo'te and shrugged simply.

"...As odd as the arrangement is."

RE: The Drunken Dune Tavern (Semi-Closed) - Oilbasedoleander - 08-17-2015

Insistent was a descriptive understatement, but she nodded slowly in agreement. It was a good thing Elle couldn't communicate because the woman's presence was intimidating and she would have spilled her guts. Her acrobatic skills reflected this Elezen's as well...

Just what exactly were they to one another? The bracelets obviously meant something more than he was willing to divulge, yet the female did not know his name? A bizarre buried story she wanted to unearth because now the suspense was itching. She breathed out slowly, exasperated with her own limitations, wanting to question him with out having to play charades.

He clinked her glass and she grimaced at the stein before taking a sip, sputtering and choking on the sour liquid and thumping a fist to her chest. Wrong tube. Her eyes watered and she gently ran a sleeve under them to dry the tears, the scar tissue making it worse. Drinking was proving dangerous at the moment so she set it down and tried to breathe properly.

Taking in the small baggy of gil, she shook her head and pushed it back. The woman knew of him and his generosity and openly accepted it, and while she would not have minded the tiny job for extra currency, she felt it was necessary for him to confront the one he obviously cared for and was hiding from. It was not a situation to become the middle man.

She stood quickly and bumped the table enough to jar her beverage. Liquid sloshed and she reached to grab it... and knocked it over completely. Sticky fluid ran across the table and right into the lap of the white haired male. For a moment she just stared in bewilderment. Listening to the sound of it hit the floor, and the switch flipped. She panicked. Hands flailed, quick inhales and exhales, turning in a circle to find some kind of cloth. 

But no success and she quickly unwrapped the scarf from her neck and started patting his thighs dry, shaking her head as an apology over and over. Coming awfully close to a certain part that would make a sea-dog blush on the spot. She was so frenzied she hardly noticed, even forgetting about the nasty scars on her neck that was hidden beneath the veil. They criss-crossed and were excruciating obvious. And she was tired of the wide eyed stared and whispered commentary from strangers, hence the draping.

RE: The Drunken Dune Tavern (Semi-Closed) - Ampere - 08-17-2015

Ampere bent his tall frame forward as he looked with concern at the Miqo'te's choking. Seeing that she had more or less recovered from her drinking mishap, the lancer then blinked in surprise as Elle seemingly refused his reward money, sliding the bag of gil back across the table with the shake of her head.

Was the amount not sufficient? Had she been unable to uphold her end of the bargain after all? Or did this sort of business arrangement simply not sit right with her? As he searched his own mind for a possible answer to her actions, he felt a damp and cold sloshing sensation seep out into his lower half.

Staring down at the beer that has spilled onto his pants, Ampere tilted his head briefly before shrugging and reaching into his satchel for a cloth to wipe his lap with, but in an instant the Miqo'te woman was upon him, desperately dabbing at whatever wet spots she could find with her scarf.

"It's alright, really--" He began to reassure her, when he suddenly caught sight of the large scars that marred her now visible neck. 

It was apparent he wasn't the only one to hide fragments of the past through bits of clothing. 

"Old wounds...but bad ones." Ampere murmured quietly, as if he were speaking to himself. Although the Elezen dwarfed the Miqo'te in height, with him sitting down and her standing up to dry him, it was almost as if she were the taller one. This in turn gave him a rather clear view of her neck.

"So you really cannot speak, at all?" He asked in order to confirm his suspicions, while his hand slowly reached out and grasped Elle's wrists, willing for her to stop her actions. The lancer didn't want the scarf to get any more dirty, as he did not doubt that the Miqo'te would be eager to mask her neck again in the same way he had been eager to mask his bracelet before.

As he held her hand in his own, he was reminded of how she had given him her name before.

"...But you can write. Have you ever thought about carrying a quill and parchment around with you? I have some in my satchel, if you'd like." Ampere suggested as his hand reached into his bag. "If you had any questions for me, this could help get the message across better."

And considering how she had refused his gil before the drink spilling incident, and the grievous scars he had just witnessed, the lancer had quite a few questions of his own.