Hydaelyn Role-Players
IC Bars/taverns - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: IC Bars/taverns (/showthread.php?tid=12904)

Pages: 1 2

IC Bars/taverns - O'hteco - 08-07-2015

In the interest of an upcoming event, what are some of your/your characters favorite bars/taverns to hang out at in-game? (FC houses aside) Like Buscarron's Druthers.

Bonus if you add a picture of them there Big Grin

[Image: rI3hcwp.jpg]

RE: IC Bars/taverns - Masaki Moui - 08-07-2015

My absolute favorite place is Buscarron's Druthers. A large part of our Free Company premise has centered around this great little place in the South Shroud. We even have a whole thread on our board devoted to lore around it. Many of the Miqo'teers have some tie to Buscarron's Druthers in their histories.

Overall, I like the ambiance of the place such as the bar brawl that occasionally happens there with Spencer (and you can learn more about him in other quests taken up later too) and I enjoy the stories, quests and personalities of NPCs that are situated around the place. With comments such as:

"Found yer way to Buscarron's Druthers, did ye? Ye wouldn't be the first to be drawn in by the scent o' quality grog. Don't be afeared to drink your fill lad--Them Redbelly thugs won't give ya no trouble here."

And:

"All travelers are welcome here. Even you."

Back in the day, when there were more MQs, we used to go there often to play darts against the wall with the 'target' (shield) on it. We'd play darts with a dice roll system online but now we can play them with the /random feature in game which is even better. Highest roll wins.

Whenever I see roleplayers around the Druthers it makes me happy and if I run across some I'll often settle in as a background roleplayer to flesh out the scene, choosing one of my characters, sometimes as an unofficial bouncer or hang-about Miqo'te lounger. It's also close to the mysterious Toto-Rak and that dig into Gelmorran ruins. Not to mention: It's Odin Country!

So, it has a lot of things about it that feel steeped in history as much as in plain fun.

(You know, I actually don't know how to post a picture on these boards or I'd try to do so...)

RE: IC Bars/taverns - Marisa - 08-08-2015

The tavern in Coerthas Central Highlands is my favorite. Not sure if it even has a name.

RE: IC Bars/taverns - Shoshopu - 08-08-2015

I don't know if this place has a name but it's the little bar just south of the aetheryte in Camp Drybone! It's pretty cozy and small, there's enough NPCs that it feels lived in, but all eight of the chairs are empty! No having to share your table with NPCs- even though there's only two tables.

[Image: Ufz8tho.png]

[Image: P95IjP0.png]

(The guy waving at me in the first picture and his friend were both actually RPing there! And before my queue popped there was a different group RPing there. It was cool to actually see people using it.)

RE: IC Bars/taverns - Hyakki - 08-08-2015

(08-08-2015, 02:11 AM)Shoshopu Wrote: I don't know if this place has a name but it's the little bar just south of the aetheryte in Camp Drybone! It's pretty cozy and small, there's enough NPCs that it feels lived in, but all eight of the chairs are empty! No having to share your table with NPCs- even though there's only two tables.

[Image: Ufz8tho.png]

[Image: P95IjP0.png]

(The guy waving at me in the first picture and his friend were both actually RPing there! And before my queue popped there was a different group RPing there. It was cool to actually see people using it.)

That one's comfy. I've roleplayed there a few times.

RE: IC Bars/taverns - O'hteco - 08-08-2015

I've seen people there as well! It is such a treat to be hauling around 200 different quest items, looking a hot mess in leveling gear, and spy people in character enjoying role play. It really reminds me why I take the time to level a character in the first place: to rp!

RE: IC Bars/taverns - A'kos Saiyal - 08-08-2015

(08-08-2015, 07:51 AM)Ohteco Wrote: I've seen people there as well! It is such a treat to be hauling around 200 different quest items, looking a hot mess in leveling gear, and spy people in character enjoying role play. It really reminds me why I take the time to level a character in the first place: to rp!

Here's to not looking a hot mess Thumbsup

One of my favorites for something upscale is the inn at Fallgourd Float. It's just a classy but cozy place. I'd also like to know of other places. I've seen areas, but they're usually empty and I can't remember their names if they had any.

RE: IC Bars/taverns - Masaki Moui - 08-08-2015

(08-08-2015, 03:40 PM)Akos Wrote: One of my favorites for something upscale is the inn at Fallgourd Float. It's just a classy but cozy place. I'd also like to know of other places. I've seen areas, but they're usually empty and I can't remember their names if they had any.

Yeah, good find! Fallgourd is another great place. My experiences here are mostly story-based.

Show Content
I don't think the NPCs I snipped out above are massive spoilers as most of this is learned from side or job quests well since completed before level 30 but better safe than sorry.

Still, I love discovering that stuff. It's part of what gives a place its character.

It really does feel upscale and cozy as A'kos said and I like the notion that people could saunter to the tables outside, or walk over the bridges, or even take their RP to those small gazebos situated around the Float.

RE: IC Bars/taverns - Eddard - 08-08-2015

The Coffer and Coffin just south of Blackbrush Station in Central Thanalan has always been my favorite to go to. It's got that nice dive bar charm to it where the vibes tell you that you could do better but at the same time make you completely content with being there. It's certainly the sort of setting where some gritty bar fights could occur; there was actually one last night where one person had a beer bottle shattered in their face and the other was stabbed in the back... Twice, I think.

It's also got a nice porch and a cozy campfire should it get too crowded or rough inside for your character's tastes. There are a few fates where Qiqirn's stop by to wreak havoc and such by said porch, should the players want to acknowledge it for any reason (one of my belligerently drunk characters likes to go out and beat them senseless in his drunken rage when they drop by).

[Image: ffxiv_08082015_165126.png]

[Image: ffxiv_08082015_164219.png]

RE: IC Bars/taverns - Sounsyy - 08-08-2015

Warmwine Sanatorium is one of my all time favorite taverns. As, not only is it a bar, but it's also a hospital for recovering Lominsan soldiers. Spirits are infused with the natural springwater to aid in healing. As a Maelstrom soldier, I imagine Sounsyy spending a good deal of time here whenever able - though I've yet to get to RP her here. It's really got that dark, warm atmosphere.

[Image: VtfP3AI.png]

(08-08-2015, 02:11 AM)Shoshopu Wrote: I don't know if this place has a name but it's the little bar just south of the aetheryte in Camp Drybone!

I couldn't find the name of the pub, but the name of the inn across the way is the Eternal Sleep.

The name of the Inn at Fallgourd Float is The Bobbing Cork by the way! ^^

/is considering finding all the bars in Eorzea.

RE: IC Bars/taverns - O'hteco - 08-08-2015

(08-08-2015, 07:52 PM)Sounsyy Wrote: /is considering finding all the bars in Eorzea.
Looks like this thread has potential to become an Rp spot resource~~
I'm down.

These are all so great, I hope to hear more!

RE: IC Bars/taverns - Masaki Moui - 08-08-2015

(08-08-2015, 07:52 PM)Sounsyy Wrote: The name of the Inn at Fallgourd Float is The Bobbing Cork by the way! ^^

Oh that's right, that's the name! Also I forgot that there's a second little place when you first enter Fallgourd Float. I think it doesn't have a name either like the small one south of Drybone aetherite but it's where you meet the funny mining crew of three and work on some story there. I was just gaming through there tonight on an alt by chance and remembered it that way. Attempting picture!...

[Image: FFsmallbar.jpg]

I also really like the Warmwine Sanatorium for the same reason. That was a great description of it as 'warm, dark atmosphere.'

RE: IC Bars/taverns - Masaki Moui - 08-17-2015

So, I uh, I found another one... This tiny little place in Hyrstmill. I mean like practically the size of a closet attached to a room. Attempting picture ...

(We really should do a crawl around for all the bars and take screenshots - that's an awesome idea.)

I dunno why but this place seems like it'd be incredi-fun if you got a semi-large group to pack into it like one of those over-popular but too small eateries in real life where everything is cramped.

[Image: ffxiv_08172015_145531.png]

RE: IC Bars/taverns - O'hteco - 08-18-2015

I love it [and all of these so far!]

We actually -are- doing a tavern crawl! Not a full one, but it will go to 4-5 bars through Thanalan and the Shroud.

It will be hosted by West's company : Crescent-ffxiv.tumblr.com and a group I just recently learned about called Wayfinders. We hope you'll come out and will be putting more information on the forums soon.

RE: IC Bars/taverns - Masaki Moui - 08-19-2015

Sounds like a great time. I will keep a lookout for it (but not a Redbelly Lookout). Big Grin