Hydaelyn Role-Players
Free Commisions! (With a catch) Sasha's doodly corner. (NOW OPEN!) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Free Commisions! (With a catch) Sasha's doodly corner. (NOW OPEN!) (/showthread.php?tid=12856)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Free Commisions! (With a catch) Sasha's doodly corner. (NOW OPEN!) - LadyRochester - 08-05-2015

Show Content

These are
doodles. Aka. Stuff I draw in class when I'm painfully bored (Yes, teachers love me!) I generally love to draw faces/people/etc. Doodles are often unfinished/not coloured/raw/faulty. I want to draw doodles of YOUR characters, (!!!) because even a doodling psychology student needs artistic practice.

Since these are doodles, you probably have to accept the following:

1. The quality probably doesn't get much better than what you see above.
2. I will probably not colour them. Or finish them. They will be faulty as fuck. Faces will likely be finished, can't promise much else.
3. Despite the fact that you only see women, yes, I am willing to draw males and other races. Males may or may not end up looking affeminate. Mi'qote may or may not have deformed ears. Lalas may or may not look like potatoes.
4. Since I almost exclusively doodle in class, it may take me some time to get to all commissions. Please be patient.

Also, the last two examples shown are months/years old. First example is probably where my doodle skill range is at present.

Application form (This doesn't have to be filled by people who have roleplayed with me extensively before, as I probably know your character fairly well.)

Show Content

Note: If your character has a "face claim" from a celebrity, I will most likely completely ignore it. I don't care your mi'qote looks like Brad Pitt or your Lalafell looks like Britney Spears. I don't believe in face claims. I will draw something based on what I see in game.

So besides the fact the quality is "meh", what's the catch?
Aha! Well, there's not really a catch, only that there are ways people may bump up their spots in my "to-doodle" list. How? Score yourself. The higher your score, the higher your spot.

- You have roleplayed with me in the past, more than once. (+1)[/color]
- You have roleplayed with me more than three times. (+1)
- Your character and my own have some sort of relationship (friend/foe/business/etc.) (+1)
- Friend ooc? Cool. (+1)

CHARM ME IN THIS THREAD (+1)
Be a loser (-1)

Show Content

Show Content

RE: Free Commisions! (With a catch) Sasha's doodly corner. (NOW OPEN!) - Kiur - 08-05-2015

+Respect for being against face claims.
I found them useful in the past but as games got better graphically, I just figure "what you see is what they are".

I wouldn't mind Kiur getting a face doodle done, I imagine her having a sort of crazy "Big Grin" face at some point.
Poke me for some RP sometime so I can get some points. You'll get an idea of how she acts, might help doodle a more accurate facial expression.

RE: Free Commisions! (With a catch) Sasha's doodly corner. (NOW OPEN!) - Virella - 08-05-2015

While I find the whole ordeal of faceclaim silly as fudge, in truth, they can somewhat help if people go "Oh well, she has a face build like x" or "x his nose"! Artists love references, even if they are silly! However some people expect you to draw Britney Spears with a bunch of miqo'te ears on it, that goes a bit... too far x_X!

Good luck with your drawing stuff, sounds like an awesome idea to do Smile!

RE: Free Commisions! (With a catch) Sasha's doodly corner. (NOW OPEN!) - Vincent Sarkoza - 08-05-2015

Character name: Vincent Sarkoza

-Personality-
(Chaotic Neutral)
   To conceal his true occupation, Vincent acts gentlemanly and polite toward strangers and aquaintances. Very few know his true personality, even fewer know he's an assassin or even a shinobi at that.Alhough he appears friendly enough, since he often talks to people,it's mainly so he can gather information about the area he's in for for other information he happens to be looking for. Rarely is he ever out just to make a friend or two. Outwardly he projects himself as someone who cares deeply for the woes of others and as someone who would give aid to those in need.He also conceals and lies about most of his fighting prowess to those around him,coming off as a traveling cook who's only good enough with his knives to protect himself against the average bandit/beast.Of course, when his life is in danger or if those around him he deems are an asset to him are in danger, he will fight to his full capacity when the situation warrants it. For the most parthe will try to appear as a simple cook who travels the land to search for, and catalogue, herbs, spices, and meat of beasts and animals.

Truthfully, Vincent is far from being polite nor gentlemanly. He's sarcastic, usually follows his whims and doesnt care too much about thosearound him. Often times he does what he does out of amusement or out of curiosity of what might happen after, which makes him quite mischievous at times and can earn him the resentment of those he plays tricks on. Speaking of tricks, he does have a tendencyto try to decieve others into either doing things for him or making things easier for him though he sometimes compesates the victim with some kind of a reward.Sometimes.

Even though he does kill (mainly) for a living, he doesn't go out of his way to harm those around him and prefers not to engage in violence unless someone is intentionally getting in his way.Depending on his mood he'll either move on to something else or outright beat the individual(s) out of his way.He especially dislikes harming innocent women and children and doesn't accept any contract thatdetails the elimination of either but the death (or harm) of both have been indirectly related to his actions on the job in the past.It is important to note that he has knowingly taken a contract that called for the death of a woman who lived in the outskirtsof Limsa Lominsa and it was the first contract he had ever taken.
(^WIP)

[Image: 1baa749e-ecff-4070-8354-00f0cc3d3945_zpsauyqkcnd.png]

since you're doing free commisions Big Grin

RE: Free Commisions! (With a catch) Sasha's doodly corner. (NOW OPEN!) - LadyRochester - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 02:52 PM)Virella Douront Wrote: While I find the whole ordeal of faceclaim silly as fudge, in truth, they can somewhat help if people go "Oh well, she has a face build like x" or "x his nose"! Artists love references, even if they are silly! However some people expect you to draw Britney Spears with a bunch of miqo'te ears on it, that goes a bit... too far x_X!

Good luck with your drawing stuff, sounds like an awesome idea to do Smile!

I don't mind people telling me what sort of fatures they resemble. However, by "faceclaim" I always thought it was what it sounded like: Someone claiming a face. With all the features. 

I don't see "She has lips like Angelina Jolie" as a face claim. I do see "My character has the face of Adriana Lima" as such. Former is okay. Latter is not.

RE: Free Commisions! (With a catch) Sasha's doodly corner. (NOW OPEN!) - Gegenji - 08-05-2015

Kinda tempted to see how Chachan or Gogon looks in your style there, Sasha. So I'll timidly throw them into the ring if you're interested.... Blush

Should I do the forms? I can edit them in if so.

RE: Free Commisions! (With a catch) Sasha's doodly corner. (NOW OPEN!) - LadyRochester - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 02:56 PM)Vincent Sarkoza Wrote: since you're doing free commisions Big Grin

Since I like the red/green thing going on, I may actually colour your doodle. Slightly. Tongue

(08-05-2015, 02:58 PM)Gegenji Wrote: Kinda tempted to see how Chachan or Gogon looks in your style there, Sasha. So I'll timidly throw them into the ring if you're interested.... Blush

Should I do the forms? I can edit them in if so.

You're good! Though since you speak of two characters, I may end up drawing one and bumping the second to the bottom of the list. I might go for both though. I will probably go for both. I will, however, ask for screenshots as I don't want to mess up the lala features, so please PM those to me! Or at least let me see you in game later so I can make a rough sketch for memory. Big Grin

You fill out four of the "list bumpers" So you're good. Big Grin

RE: Free Commisions! (With a catch) Sasha's doodly corner. (NOW OPEN!) - Aya - 08-05-2015

Those are some loooovely dooodles!!

Character name: Aya Foxheart

Personality: Outwardly sweet, fun, and something of a stereotypical blonde.  Rather more reflective and serious in moments of quiet and solitude.  Her true passion in life is dancing and performance, followed closely by just having a good time.

Pictures/screenshots:
Wiki Profile!
For Eorzea, Screen Shot Project Smile

RE: Free Commisions! (With a catch) Sasha's doodly corner. (NOW OPEN!) - -no longer matters- - 08-05-2015

Character name: War Siren

Personality: Sarcastic/Sassy/cynical/a bit snarky

Pictures/screenshots:
[Image: ffxiv_07242015_083159_zpsz120xots.png]

Special requests: None

Also I wouldn't be opposed to a doodle headshot trade if you want to give me a screen shot of one of your characters!

RE: Free Commisions! (With a catch) Sasha's doodly corner. (NOW OPEN!) - Vincent Sarkoza - 08-05-2015

I'll leave it up to the artists discretion ^.^ I can also do a head portrait trade as well if youd like Smile

RE: Free Commisions! (With a catch) Sasha's doodly corner. (NOW OPEN!) - Unnamed Mercenary - 08-05-2015

Character name: Franz renatus

Personality: Depends on who you ask! Most people tend to think he's generally calm, collected and somewhat-caring person. Others would probably say he can be rather cold, calculated. Franz puts the effort into being "nice" or at least being approachable for certain people/situations. He's otherwise a fairly lonely person who really, really just wants to go home. On the surface, if he's got no reason to interact with someone, he's likely going to be quiet. Piss him off and you'll get smirks and sass.

Pictures/screenshots: https://goo.gl/GvWJ1z

Special requests:
Skip the circlet thingy.

I've heard the Highlander braids are hell. Feel free to experiment on other hairstyles if wanted.

--

Bonuses?
Former Coral Sea member?

We've RPed twice, that I can think of. Once in the Quicksand (Edda was there!) and once in the Ossuary (he helped reach a book).

I'm friendly? (most of the time)

(08-05-2015, 03:09 PM)War Siren Wrote: Also I wouldn't be opposed to a doodle headshot trade if you want to give me a screen shot of one of your characters!

(08-05-2015, 03:13 PM)Vincent Sarkoza Wrote: I'll leave it up to the artists discretion ^.^ I can also do a head portrait trade as well if youd like Smile

You guys can do as you'd like, however! I don't recommend doing anything until after I'm done with your commissions, as they may take time. I'd feel awful getting something I can't immediately repay. 

Anyway, I have class tomorrow, so chances are I may be done with the first three!

(08-05-2015, 03:18 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: Bonuses?
Former Coral Sea member? (+0.5)

We've RPed twice, that I can think of. Once in the Quicksand (Edda was there!) and once in the Ossuary (he helped reach a book). (+1)

I'm friendly? (most of the time) (+0.5)

That will be two points, sir.

And now I'm panicking because the first three characters I will draw are male.

RE: Free Commisions! (With a catch) Sasha's doodly corner. (NOW OPEN!) - Unnamed Mercenary - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 03:23 PM)LadyRochester Wrote: That will be two points, sir.

And now I'm panicking because the first three characters I will draw are male.

Don't worry! Franz is a man among men. and a crybaby when nobody's looking