Hydaelyn Role-Players
What future game releases are you most looking forward to? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: What future game releases are you most looking forward to? (/showthread.php?tid=12813)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

What future game releases are you most looking forward to? - Cato - 08-03-2015

There's no shortage of intriguing titles set to launch later this year or shortly afterwards. This includes both new games, remakes and expansion content.

Here's a list of what I'm most excited about:

- FFXIV (pretty much a given, but we've got an entire patch cycle to look forward to and then more expansions in the future)
- The Witcher 3 DLC (a brilliant and immersive RPG - I can't wait for the expansion content)
- Resident Evil 2 HD Remake (this'll be a big rush of nostalgia)
- Final Fantasy VII Remake (I've wanted this to happen for years. I can't believe it's a thing!)
- Fallout 4 (I absolutely -love- the Fallout series. This'll no doubt soak up an immense amount of my free time)
- Star Ocean 5 (I loved 3. Haven't played the other titles in the series but if it's as good as 3...then I'll be very happy!)

I think that's everything. I've probably missed a few but I'll mention them later on if need be!

So! What about you guys and girls?

RE: What future game releases are you most looking forward to? - Fox - 08-03-2015

(08-03-2015, 05:43 AM)Graeham Wrote: Star Ocean 5 (I loved 3. Haven't played the other titles in the series but if it's as good as 3...then I'll be very happy!)

Just stepping in to say... Star Ocean 2 was incredibly good. It is by far my favorite Star Ocean. I didn't care for 3 personally. But I adored Star Ocean 2, 1 is great as well. I'd suggest if you can play it.

RE: What future game releases are you most looking forward to? - Blue - 08-03-2015

The only one game that'd make me jump would be an MMORPG version of Wild Arms, but I don't think that is going to happen.

Final Fantasy VII has a huge sentimental value to me (it's thanks to it that I've learned English), and for such I am very troubled and wary about the remake. For many obvious reasons it's going to lack a lot of things that the original had (battle system was already said to be different in an interview, and I don't really see a World Map being possible with today's high graphics requirements), so I'm obviously concerned about what it will become. I just hope they do it justice, however little..

Whatever they do, if they don't give me battle control of other party members I'm going to scream.

RE: What future game releases are you most looking forward to? - Threndual - 08-03-2015

[youtube]GE2BkLqMef4[/youtube]

RE: What future game releases are you most looking forward to? - Aaron - 08-03-2015

Half Life 3

RE: What future game releases are you most looking forward to? - Kellach Woods - 08-03-2015

Yakuza 5 (NA version)
Zero Escape 3
Rising Thunder (non-beta actual release version)
Street Fighter 5

RE: What future game releases are you most looking forward to? - ProvaDiServo - 08-03-2015

Streetfighter5

uhhhh........

Maybe Rising thunder?

RE: What future game releases are you most looking forward to? - Gegenji - 08-03-2015

I'm kinda looking forward to XCOM2, if that counts. The reboot was kinda interesting and fun, so I'm curious to see where they go with it. Plus I'm always for more games where I can have a guy in a mech suit punch aliens until they explode.

RE: What future game releases are you most looking forward to? - Verranicus - 08-03-2015

(08-03-2015, 05:43 AM)Graeham Wrote: There's no shortage of intriguing titles set to launch later this year or shortly afterwards. This includes both new games, remakes and expansion content.

- FFXIV (pretty much a given, but we've got an entire patch cycle to look forward to and then more expansions in the future)
- The Witcher 3 DLC (a brilliant and immersive RPG - I can't wait for the expansion content)
- Final Fantasy VII Remake (I've wanted this to happen for years. I can't believe it's a thing!)
- Fallout 4 (I absolutely -love- the Fallout series. This'll no doubt soak up an immense amount of my free time)
- Star Ocean 5 (I loved 3. Haven't played the other titles in the series but if it's as good as 3...then I'll be very happy!)

I think that's everything. I've probably missed a few but I'll mention them later on if need be!

Star Ocean 3 ruined the franchise, I dunno how it can possibly be your favourite. <_>

RE: What future game releases are you most looking forward to? - Aris - 08-03-2015

It's still a little while away yet, but I'm super excited for Uncharted 4. It's one of my favourite series.

RE: What future game releases are you most looking forward to? - Kage - 08-03-2015

Games I am SUPER Psyched about
- ZERO ESCAPE 3: I sat in a cafe in Little Tokyo of Downtown LA, constantly refreshing the Reddit, Neogaf, and other pages of Aksys' panel at Anime Expo 2015 where they announced this. I was SUPER SAD because the one time I decided to not go, even though the week before I was thinking of going... UCHIKOSHI WAS THERE /cry. I had been following the 4infinity.co hype forever. When it was announced, I legit teared up in happiness, and relief.
- Danganronpa 3
- Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void: I must know if I can continue to ship Raynor and Kerrigan. Fite me.
- FINAL FANTASY VII Remake

Games I am interested in:
- Tales of Zestiria
- FINAL FANTASY XV
- Star Ocean 5
- Clannad

Game(s) teased but unconfirmed:
- FINAL FANTASY XII Remastered / HD (Strong hints that this may happen... or maybe it'll just be a remix of the music... like Yasunori Mitsuda's recent announcement of his Chrono Trigger / Chrono Cross music)

Edit: Games I put money into ala Kickstarter and have started to care less or maybe even regret
- Some fighting game with chefs (Battlechef Brigade)
- Legendary Showdown: Machines and Magic (Board Game)
- Mighty No. 9
- Unsung Story
- Project Phoenix

RE: What future game releases are you most looking forward to? - Cato - 08-03-2015

(08-03-2015, 09:21 AM)Verranicus Wrote:
(08-03-2015, 05:43 AM)Graeham Wrote: There's no shortage of intriguing titles set to launch later this year or shortly afterwards. This includes both new games, remakes and expansion content.

Star Ocean 3 ruined the franchise, I dunno how it can possibly be your favourite. <_>

Like I said, I never played any of the other titles. They may very well be better but Star Ocean 3 proved to be something I enjoyed playing. It was a solid RPG in my opinion.

(08-03-2015, 09:49 AM)Kage Wrote: - FINAL FANTASY XII Remastered / HD (Strong hints that this may happen... or maybe it'll just be a remix of the music... like Yasunori Mitsuda's recent announcement of his Chrono Trigger / Chrono Cross music)

I really hope we see FFXII get the same treatment as FFX. It's such a brilliant game (tied with IX as my favourite of all the main titles) and I'd love to be able to play a more up to date version. The original has held up pretty well but more polish wouldn't hurt!

RE: What future game releases are you most looking forward to? - Elaris - 08-03-2015

Ouu good thread, I'm going to start with Persona 5!
I have been so excited back when it was announced last year.
The gameplay from what I seen so far looks enjoyable and the characters that have been shown to fans so far look promising. I'm hoping the social aspect of it is more P4 > P3.

Other games:
Persona 4: Dancing all night! - I'm not into rhythm games but I'm still excited for this.

Kingdom Hearts 3 - gimme gimme gimme!
Fallout 4 - so glad it is out this year
Final Fantasy 7:Remake - one of my top FF titles, can't bring myself to play the original though because it did not age well imo.

Might I add I'm hoping for a FFXII remake too,
I'll settle with a remaster because its one of my favorite Final Fantasy to date.
Heck I'd even like a ff8 remake, though It does not really need it.

RE: What future game releases are you most looking forward to? - Kiur - 08-03-2015

I really want Fallout 4 but fear my system won't be able to handle it.

RE: What future game releases are you most looking forward to? - Kage - 08-03-2015

(08-03-2015, 09:52 AM)Graeham Wrote:
(08-03-2015, 09:49 AM)Kage Wrote: - FINAL FANTASY XII Remastered / HD (Strong hints that this may happen... or maybe it'll just be a remix of the music... like Yasunori Mitsuda's recent announcement of his Chrono Trigger / Chrono Cross music)

I really hope we see FFXII get the same treatment as FFX. It's such a brilliant game (tied with IX as my favourite of all the main titles) and I'd love to be able to play a more up to date version. The original has held up pretty well but more polish wouldn't hurt!
This is what I believe would be what happens! (If the tease leak is true)
I'd really love to see it. I don't really want to buy or rent a PS2 in order to play FFXII ; ;

(08-03-2015, 10:07 AM)Elaris Wrote: Might I add I'm hoping for a FFXII remake too,
I'll settle with a remaster because its one of my favorite Final Fantasy to date.
Heck I'd even like a ff8 remake, though It does not really need it.
The tease made in reference to FFXII at Distant Worlds was amended today to say that it's not a remake. Which I expected to be the case anyway. FFXII doesn't really need it graphically but it's pretty much a  game from 2 generations ago that could really easily be FFXII HD like FFX's.