Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Kiur Kenneth - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Kiur Kenneth (/showthread.php?tid=12796)

Kiur Kenneth - Kiur - 08-01-2015

I. Basic Info 
  • Characters: Kiur Kenneth
  • Primary character: ^
  • Linkshells: I don't know what that is.
  • Primary RP linkshell: ^

[*]II. RP Style 
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
  • Medium/Heavy preferred.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
  • I'm okay with general injury and usually prefer /rolls during combat rather than direct PvP. Since I'm a moderately new player (Over a month now), I don't exactly have PvP experience or gear so that would be an unfair edge.

• Views on IC romance:
  • Kiur is incapable of flirtation (To an extent), but may respond to advances if the subject is compatible. 

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
  • Kiur probably has two live parents somewhere, but they're commoners and wouldn't be found wearing 98% of things players could wear.

• Views on lore:
  • I don't know a lot and I have given Kiur a pre-built level of memory loss to combat my own absences of knowledge. She once quipped (In the little RP I've been able to find) that she ate a dragon egg. The other character mentally emoted that this was unlikely considering Kiur would probably have turned into a dragon herself if that was the case. Kiur's insanity shows, and I learn something new. Win-win.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
  • I still don't know what the hell linkshell is. I use /say for local, /em for general emotes. I will sometimes do a whisper if Kiur is nearby, and will offer local players a custom /em to denote that Kiur is, in fact, whispering to someone.

[*]
III. Other Info 
  • Timezone: EST
  • Contact info:Steam: Zydrateacademy (Easiest way to get a hold of me but I don't like random adds. I always PM with a request with something like "Hello?" If I get no reply, reason, or source I will quickly remove and block the user).

[*]

~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~

RE: Kiur Kenneth - Kiur - 08-01-2015

Because I can't seem to figure out how to edit the above post without screwing up the wierd bullet-list-format...thing. Here's my character;

[Image: K3abTBG.png]
Appearance

Kiur is usually garbed in a darkly appearance, usually outdated in design and smells of dirt and dust. Not that this is usually an unpleasant odor, it simply causes concern for those not familiar.

That's not to say she's consistently dirty; Nay. She boasts a clean face with fair, yellow eyes.
Her chosen vocation simply causes her to reek the way she does.
She has strong facial features but usually carries a friendly smile.
Her highly armored visage is a significant departure from her personality, however...

Personality
Kiur is an incredibly friendly woman, though plagued by an extremely eccentric manner of speaking. Within her flavor of madness, one can generally locate a vague sense of insight. She may lack a large portion of her memory due to past actions, but she holds a significant knowledge specific to her own interests, usually relevant to darker levels of magic that common adventurers would much rather avoid.

Despite her eccentricity, she seems fairly well adjusted once newcomers get used to her odd mannerics, and she doesn't seem to be much of a threat without some level of provocation.

History
Not much is known as to Kiur's history, partially that of her own doing. Born to the single daughter of a pair of Ishgardian commoners, she always strayed away from her farming duties to read books. Not so much history, but she was enchanted with the increased use of technology. She never reached the capability of being an actual inventor of devices herself, but she did create a room that allowed for the automatic grinding of seeds.

Her parents were skeptical of her choices on this matter, as they were content with their fare in life. They had walls that kept out the cold, food on their tables and clean sheets. Her father played the guitar and her mother was a poet - two things also instilled upon Kiur, giving her a musical edge.

However the life of an adventurer enchanted her too much, though she wasn't much of a combatant herself. She followed a startup band across the country before being discovered. Having survived long enough to even do that (Easy enough considering the trail was full of bandit bodies she could just step over), they were impressed enough to give her some basic combat training - Mostly that of hand to hand combat which later evolved into firearm use, as any combatant can wield a firearm.

She continued to follow this group, slowly devolving into mercenaries as they cleaved their way through open hirings. This led to a further interest in Kiur, taking bodies and performing experiments on them, using vcarious levels of technology to see how corpses would react.

Kiur became increasingly unstable regarding her mental status, something many of her friends took notice of. Upon discovering a secret lab near their base, they destroyed her tech and burned her work. She was attacked by a Thaumaturge with a modified spell, attempting to "reset" Kiur's mind to a previous, more innocent state.

Unfortunately this simply fragmented her mind, breaking her down even further and leading to memory loss. Abandoned by those she once called friends, Kiur wandered through the snowy wastelands in hopes to find some new goal to work towards.

Her life took a more... interesting turn. On top of already suffering from memory loss and wanderlust, she was recently accosted by Ishgardian knights regarding an accursation. Dalyn Merk, one of her old mercenary band was captured for murder and thought it might be a good idea to give up a 'dark mage' in order to get a more lenient sentence. It didn't work, but Kiur became wanted for arrest questioning all the same.

For some time she was a fugitive from Ishgardian law, no longer having the luxury of a bed or people to trust to take her in for the night. While fleeing from a drake, she took a severe leg injury and finally accosted and taken into custody.

It was there she demanded a trial-by-combat, where she was barely victorious. Despite being innocent under law, she never shook her reputation and is often shunned by her fellow Ishgardian citizens.

RE: Kiur Kenneth - Kiur - 03-06-2016

Bumping because I'm playing again.