Hydaelyn Role-Players
Post your Favorite Lore Appropriate Racial Slurs - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Post your Favorite Lore Appropriate Racial Slurs (/showthread.php?tid=12795)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Post your Favorite Lore Appropriate Racial Slurs - McBeefâ„¢ - 08-01-2015

Hello Bigots and Bullies of the RP world, this thread is to post your favorite IC ways to insult other characters based on their race.

Here are some of mine courtesy of R'elend Tia.

Miqo'te - Kitten, Cub, Fuzzball
"Listen here cub, quit your mewling before I make you"

Hyur - Roundears
"Now listen here roundears..."

Highlander - Weakling, Cowards, Homeless, Poor, Crylander, Dogs
"Aye, keep barking you refugee scum. If ye wanted a city of your own you should have fought harder, eh? Now get out of my gutter, and back to your stinking camp."

Elezen - Reed, Branch, Stick, 'Noodle-limb', Elemental's Bitch
"I don't need to stick legged, noodle limb, bitch of an Elemental telling me what to do"

Lalafell - Popoto, Goobbue Bait, Footrest,
"Oy, get back here you fat popoto"

Roe - Goobbue, Ogre, Bison, Blueberry (Seawolf), Strawberry (Hellsguard)
"You bedded her? That Overgrown Strawberry Colored Goobbue? Friend, you're braver than I."

RE: Post your Favorite Lore Appropriate Racial Slurs - Blue - 08-01-2015

"Son of a Seeker"
(Eorzean version of "Son of a B!tch", referring to Nuhn's role in his tribe)

RE: Post your Favorite Lore Appropriate Racial Slurs - Shoshopu - 08-01-2015

In the Harbingers of Dawn Tournament a few days ago some folks were calling Fyrilsunn a "salt dog", which I really liked. Shopu actually called his miqo'te opponent a furball, too. She might have some Opinions about miqo'te she doesn't readily share until one of them is trying to swing a sword at her favorite salt dog.

(I also remember Hammersmith had a number of other great slurs to share but I don't recall them exactly, only that they had me rolling)

I feel like Awyrbyrt might have a lot of racially-charged (or exoticising) descriptors for Elezen too, mostly related to antelopes or other lanky forest critters.

RE: Post your Favorite Lore Appropriate Racial Slurs - Virella - 08-01-2015

Unbeliever, savage, barbarian, ignorant child, heretic, dragonspawn, bastard, mongrel.

I fear Virella's insults are all very much Ishgardian themed. She's boring like that Sad

But I felt it was a nice addition to the thread regardless!

RE: Post your Favorite Lore Appropriate Racial Slurs - McBeefâ„¢ - 08-01-2015

(08-01-2015, 05:34 PM)Virella Douront Wrote: Unbeliever, savage, barbarian, ignorant child, heretic, dragonspawn, bastard, mongrel.

I fear Virella's insults are all very much Ishgardian themed. She's boring like that Sad

Evangeline calls everyone from the three other City states 'Southerners', which isn't really an insult I suppose.

RE: Post your Favorite Lore Appropriate Racial Slurs - Flashhelix - 08-01-2015

Black Jack's preferred names for the races are:

Highlanders - Nobrows
Elezen - Slicknecks
Miqo'te - Mongrels
Lalafell - Midgets
Roegadyn - Fatties
Au Ra - Scalies

RE: Post your Favorite Lore Appropriate Racial Slurs - Cato - 08-01-2015

Someone yelled 'Garlic' at Graeham upon learning of his heritage once. That was pretty amusing and he was too busy smirking to be offended by it.

RE: Post your Favorite Lore Appropriate Racial Slurs - Klynzahr - 08-01-2015

Here are a few of Klyn's favorites.

"Red skinned landlubbers!" (for any hellsgaurd)

"Wee Finger Shrimp"  (midlander or smaller)

"Sack of popotoes"  (refers to a plump and usually well-off Lalafell)

"Son of an Elezen" / "Half-elezen bitch"
(used for any full-blooded  Roe who seems smaller or more timid than herself)

"That Doman beastman"  (a default mode of address for all Au Ra)

"Starving Coerl" (mostly for elezen but also skinny midlanders)

And a bonus from Ginshaw

"Knife-ears" / "Fuzz-ears" / "Wooden-ears" (Elezen or Lalafell / Miquo'te/ Au Ra)

RE: Post your Favorite Lore Appropriate Racial Slurs - Jana - 08-01-2015

Jana is much more low-key with her racism nowadays, but she still casually tosses around "popoto" or "knife-ears" for Lalafell and Elezen, respectively. She also has some lewd ones specifically for Seeker women that I shouldn't repeat in polite company.

RE: Post your Favorite Lore Appropriate Racial Slurs - 13uddy - 08-01-2015

(08-01-2015, 05:27 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: Miqo'te - Kitten, Cub, Fuzzball
"Listen here cub, quit your mewling before I make you"

I now am REALLY hoping that my character will make a close Miqo'te friend to insult (you know, the way close friends do to show that they care) just so I'll have a valid reason to use "Laugh it up, fuzzball" in character.

RE: Post your Favorite Lore Appropriate Racial Slurs - cuideag - 08-01-2015

Another vote for 'southerners'. Yellow-bellied southerners is a favorite because who doesn't love blanket statements like that? Delial sure does!

RE: Post your Favorite Lore Appropriate Racial Slurs - LiadansWhisper - 08-02-2015

For all that Liadan has some ingrained racism towards Duskwights, Miqo'te and, um, basically non-Gridanians in general, she doesn't really have any racial slurs she uses.

But some of these are amazing.  Srsly.

RE: Post your Favorite Lore Appropriate Racial Slurs - Marisa - 08-02-2015

Because of Ethys, I now make it a point to call every lalafell mage a 'popoto witch'. Additionally, an Au Ra BLM is a Lizard Wizard! 

[Image: nwGDbnI.jpg]

RE: Post your Favorite Lore Appropriate Racial Slurs - Vysce the Lad - 08-02-2015

I have my midlander call miqo'te "Cats" all the time because he loves to get under their skin.

I also heard an au ra refer to a miqo'te as a fuzztail which I thought was pretty funny.

RE: Post your Favorite Lore Appropriate Racial Slurs - D'aito Kuji - 08-02-2015

Keepers: Lazy day sleeping, round eyed snaggletooths.

Huyr: Round eared, hairless lemur monkeys.

Roegadyn: Thick skulled oafs.  Buffalo men (women).

Lalafell: Untrustworthy, lying, scheming, balloon heads (or egg heads)

Elzen: Insufferable, snobbish, scrawny, stick figures.

Au Ra: Lizard shaped dragon poop

Some of these D'aito would only think to herself or shout at a considerable distance.  She's quite intimidated by the size of Au Ra males and her ignorance about them.

Seekers: Neko (i.e. freaking Neko!)  

In my own head canon Neko is what D'aito calls Seekers who engage in eternal bonding or seek out monogamy. She sees it as a Miqo'te wanting to be like the Huyr (who presumably have a history of pair bonding).