Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] IC Dungeon Dive Roulette - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] IC Dungeon Dive Roulette (/showthread.php?tid=12686)

Pages: 1 2

IC Dungeon Dive Roulette - Tiergan - 07-23-2015

When I tried to kick off my Red Lotus Plot - I noticed that some people were joining in because they were struggling to find RP and hoped the plot might help them get some.

I feel bad that it completely failed in that regard (because I am dumb and bit off more than I could chew), and was kicking around an idea in my head of arranging 4-man IC Dungeon Parties for people. The groups would be randomized in that you don't really know who you'll end up with until you show up, but I'll be trying to match you all up with folks who have similar tastes or backstories.

I would be the DM/GM and create a simple, but interesting story that draws the group together and gives them a reason to interact as they plunge into a dungeon to achieve a specific goal. The dungeons would provide a nice setting/environment to play around in as opposed to literally being the location they are supposed to be.

ONE CAVEAT THOUGH - like I mentioned in regards to Red Lotus, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew and taking on ideas that realistically require way more people to manage. If it starts feeling like this idea is the same, I’ll have to nix it.

If you’re interested in this, please fill out this form. <———-

Conversely, if you would love to VOLUNTEER to be a GM/DM who creates a story for 4 (or three if you want to be involved in the group) of your fellow roleplayers who are aching for some RP connections, fill out this form right here to volunteer yourself as tribute a GM.

EDIT: I also realised we can also set up 8-man parties if it fits the story that is devised if we include places like the castrums.

RE: IC Dungeon Dive Roulette - RiniKett - 07-24-2015

I highly support this! I've done several of these myself, we even based our FC around it, and it is loads of fun. If you've never ICly ran a dungeon you are missing out. Great for building friendships, real scars, real war buddies, etc etc.

If you ever need a healer to fill in a role, Rini stares at the leve board for events like these so feel free to ask. Otherwise, I encourage those who haven't to give this a go!

RE: IC Dungeon Dive Roulette - banndsand - 07-25-2015

I'm quite interested in this, but I've got several characters so I'm a bit hesitant to fill out your survey. I feel like each of my characters has different reasons to go on adventures as well as locations they frequent which could make them more or less suitable for different dungeon locations and scenarios. How should I go about this?

RE: IC Dungeon Dive Roulette - Tiergan - 07-27-2015

(07-25-2015, 11:18 AM)banndsand Wrote: I'm quite interested in this, but I've got several characters so I'm a bit hesitant to fill out your survey. I feel like each of my characters has different reasons to go on adventures as well as locations they frequent which could make them more or less suitable for different dungeon locations and scenarios. How should I go about this?

Feel free to just stick all of the characters you'd like to participate in there. Smile

Even though it might make your answers super long, it's perfectly alright.

RE: IC Dungeon Dive Roulette - Tiergan - 07-27-2015

Also - just waiting a bit longer to see if more people fill it out before preparing to organize things o/

(Double thanks to the people who volunteered to help DM!)

RE: IC Dungeon Dive Roulette - Tiergan - 07-28-2015

So I herped the derp and completely forgot to ask everyone the most important question to all of this, which is "What is the best/easiest way to reach you outside the game?"

I learned the hard way that trying to hunt people down in game to speak with them is a recipe for suffering, so I'm sticking with methods that are a bit more reliable. I figure the people who found out about this through the RPC probably would be up for me contacting them through PMs, so if you signed up, feel free to poke me with a PM (and your character name!) so I can edit my ginormous spreadsheet of doom with your answer.

If you know a friend who also signed up, please tell them to give me a poke as well.

RE: IC Dungeon Dive Roulette - Devyn Piper - 07-28-2015

I'm still new enough that I probably don't have access to 99% of the dungeons out there but once I do this is something I'd very much like to participate in.

Oh, and good luck with your derp herping!

RE: IC Dungeon Dive Roulette - Tiergan - 07-29-2015

(07-28-2015, 07:30 PM)Mrrsh Wrote: I'm still new enough that I probably don't have access to 99% of the dungeons out there but once I do this is something I'd very much like to participate in.

Oh, and good luck with your derp herping!

If you're level 15 and have cracked open at least the level 15 dungeons, feel free to sign up!

Also - anyone who found out about these through here - please poke me so I know who you are so I can give you a poke when the dungeons are organized! o/

RE: IC Dungeon Dive Roulette - A'kos Saiyal - 08-01-2015

you can contact me here, or possibly skype on Ravrohan. Smile

RE: IC Dungeon Dive Roulette - Nyx Bajhiri - 08-02-2015

Form submitted! This sounds like such a cool idea!

RE: IC Dungeon Dive Roulette - Roe Dad - 08-02-2015

Sounds like a blast.

RE: IC Dungeon Dive Roulette - Elaris - 08-02-2015

I submitted an application to help DM. Thought I'd reply here just so it might be easier to get back to me. Should you need to know more of my offered characters though, do not hesitate to ask. Smile

RE: IC Dungeon Dive Roulette - Kingmally - 08-02-2015

just submitted for participation . Smile great idea btw

RE: IC Dungeon Dive Roulette - Tiergan - 08-03-2015

(08-02-2015, 05:12 PM)Elaris Wrote: I submitted an application to help DM. Thought I'd reply here just so it might be easier to get back to me. Should you need to know more of my offered characters though, do not hesitate to ask. Smile

Thanks for the heads up! I actually just started poking the DMs yesterday with my spreedsheet of doom, so I'll send all of that info to you today. Smile

RE: IC Dungeon Dive Roulette - Kiur - 08-03-2015

I submit my info on the... survey thing.
Probably not the most ideal candidate but hopefully you can fit me in a rotation at some point.