Hydaelyn Role-Players
Caricature Your Character - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Fun Prompts (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Caricature Your Character (/showthread.php?tid=12683)

Caricature Your Character - Gegenji - 07-23-2015

(Try saying that five times fast.)

This is an idea that came to me while listening to commercials on the radio, specifically the currently running Brisk Iced Tea one about the contest they're currently running. The one where someone asks for the announcer guy and he responds "I'M AN ANNOUNCER." Anyway, I immediately imagined a young Judge having a voice like that and it really amused me.

And got me to thinking: what aspects of your characters would you think would be magnified the most to create the most entertaining - and fitting - caricature of one of your characters?

As mentioned, I could see Judge having the Brisk Ice Tea announcer voice rather than the "naturally loud and powerful" voice I try to play him with. That and showing him as comically larger than other people, like Gamagori is often portrayed in Kill La Kill. Possibly on Bench, who would also be appropriately sized up (or not, for laughs, resulting in MASSIVE DUDE on tiny horse).

With Chachan, I basically play him as a baby-faced Dwarf Smith. So caricature would likely be muscling him out into something like Steroids from Nuclear Throne with a cherub face. Sizing up his Vulcan Lucis to be disproportionately large would probably be amusing as well.

Gogon strikes me as a bit harder to work with - but he definitely has things I could play off of like his glasses and paranoid, elitist behavior. But I ultimately want to push the question out to everyone else: how would you caricature your character? Bonus points if you're willing to try and draw it. Laugh

RE: Caricature Your Character - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-23-2015

I think if Franz was going to get a caricature, he'd end up really chubby. snacking issues and being a foodie doesn't help him any. I actually had a little doodle of it a friend had drawn, but it seems to have escaped from my google drive and I will need to poke the person for it.

RE: Caricature Your Character - Aaron - 07-23-2015

Aaron would be this guy,
[Image: 18f8uk.jpg]

RE: Caricature Your Character - Hammersmith - 07-23-2015

Profile shots of Marv are pretty much Hammer caricatures.
[Image: 1295072-millerdesign3.jpg]

RE: Caricature Your Character - -no longer matters- - 07-23-2015

A quick Caricature *scribbles one in ball point pen* Ta-Da!
[Image: CAM005112_zpsowyz8meb.jpg]

Ohhh not what you meant I always imagined War Siren would sound and act like a more mercenary version of....

[Image: 4468790-0538028659-lin-b.jpg]

RE: Caricature Your Character - Jana - 07-23-2015

Jana could be most easily passed off as a stuttering creepy lesbian.