Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hullo! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hullo! (/showthread.php?tid=12675)

Hullo! - Nevermore - 07-22-2015

I am posting this from mobile, so I do apologize in advance for any typos! My phone has a habit of adding in words I don't want, and my thumbs aren't exactly the most dexterous. I'm also at work, so bear with me as I struggle to form hopefully coherent thoughts!

First of all, it's a pleasure to meet all of you. I haven't yet joined a roleplaying server, but I am planning on joining one! Right now I am on Faerie, but as someone who has been an avid writer an roleplayer for ten years, it was only a matter of time before I got the itch again. Writing is the only ointment. So here I am, still stuck in deciding which of the two servers to go to!

I've heard from friends that Balmung is the go-to fot more open-world things, while Gilgamesh is more contained and private. Personally I'm leaning more towards Gilgamesh, because I am fond of controlled environments. In the end though, I would be more than okay with either one! I'm going to leave it to the (presumably) lovely people on here to help me decide! Have an awesome free company? Think your server is better than the other? Give me your reasons and your arguments! In a civil manner, of course. I want a place to put my precious S'lyhhia in for her to call home.

As for personal details about myself: I am a 24-year-old woman (girl at heart, really) attending college for her major in veterinary science. I love animals. Especially sugar gliders and ferrets. For those of you in the perpetual cats vs. dogs debate, I am a dog person. Sorry, not sorry. ♥ I like peanut M&M's. I am relatively familiar with the lore to the game, but I am never beyond learning more.

So, I think that's enough rambling for now! I'm happy to answer any other questions people may have. I'm generally a pretty open person!

RE: Hullo! - Sig - 07-22-2015

(07-22-2015, 03:38 PM)Nevermore Wrote: I am posting this from mobile, so I do apologize in advance for any typos! My phone has a habit of adding in words I don't want, and my thumbs aren't exactly the most dexterous. I'm also at work, so bear with me as I struggle to form hopefully coherent thoughts!

First of all, it's a pleasure to meet all of you. I haven't yet joined a roleplaying server, but I am planning on joining one! Right now I am on Faerie, but as someone who has been an avid writer an roleplayer for ten years, it was only a matter of time before I got the itch again. Writing is the only ointment. So here I am, still stuck in deciding which of the two servers to go to!

I've heard from friends that Balmung is the go-to fot more open-world things, while Gilgamesh is more contained and private. Personally I'm leaning more towards Gilgamesh, because I am fond of controlled environments. In the end though, I would be more than okay with either one! I'm going to leave it to the (presumably) lovely people on here to help me decide! Have an awesome free company? Think your server is better than the other? Give me your reasons and your arguments! In a civil manner, of course. I want a place to put my precious S'lyhhia in for her to call home.

As for personal details about myself: I am a 24-year-old woman (girl at heart, really) attending college for her major in veterinary science. I love animals. Especially sugar gliders and ferrets. For those of you in the perpetual cats vs. dogs debate, I am a dog person. Sorry, not sorry. ♥ I like peanut M&M's. I am relatively familiar with the lore to the game, but I am never beyond learning more.

So, I think that's enough rambling for now! I'm happy to answer any other questions people may have. I'm generally a pretty open person!

I'll offer a simple answer in support of Balmung: volume and quantity of RP.  These factors are extremely important for new RP'er on any server, and Balmung has a significantly larger population of RP'ers active at most hours.  This lead to more social connections and more RP.  The type and style of the RP is also more diverse and malleable.  In my experience, the quality of RP on Balmung has been incredibly high, even in walk-up and public RP places. It has not once seemed cliquey or tacky. Highest regards.

And, finally [forgive the shameless plug] --- Balmung has the following amazing thing going for it ----- Amesoeurs. 

I rest my case.

RE: Hullo! - Nevermore - 07-22-2015

Yes, I did a little reading around and noticed that there's quite the fervent following for Balmung. I would genuinely like to know how things on Gilgamesh are, however. If there's anyone from Gilgamesh willing to give a little bit of an explanation. I like information.

RE: Hullo! - Kage - 07-22-2015

(07-22-2015, 05:03 PM)Nevermore Wrote: Yes, I did a little reading around and noticed that there's quite the fervent following for Balmung. I would genuinely like to know how things on Gilgamesh are, however. If there's anyone from Gilgamesh willing to give a little bit of an explanation. I like information.
The Gilgamesh RPers don't tend to frequent the RPC. I would direct you to http://gilgamesh-rp.com/

You would have a more accurate account from there.

RE: Hullo! - Nevermore - 07-22-2015

(07-22-2015, 05:11 PM)Kage Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 05:03 PM)Nevermore Wrote: Yes, I did a little reading around and noticed that there's quite the fervent following for Balmung. I would genuinely like to know how things on Gilgamesh are, however. If there's anyone from Gilgamesh willing to give a little bit of an explanation. I like information.
The Gilgamesh RPers don't tend to frequent the RPC. I would direct you to http://gilgamesh-rp.com/

You would have a more accurate account from there.

I see. That is a shame. Thank you all the same for the information! Perhaps I'll make an account ovet there, and mayhap I'll just have to try and get into both servers and see which one is gor me.