Hydaelyn Role-Players
Returning to the Fray - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Returning to the Fray (/showthread.php?tid=12560)

Returning to the Fray - Zephyo - 07-12-2015

Good evening!

It's been a good while since I've sets boots down in Eorzea, and a lot has changed.  The moon blew up, the game became much more enjoyable, and my Elezen turned into a cat-lad. Not too shabby.

It's a pleasure to join your community, and I hope that I can get involved with the ongoing plots behind the epic S.E. experience.

RE: Returning to the Fray - Faye - 07-13-2015

Hello there, welcome to A Realm Reborn!

RE: Returning to the Fray - Uther - 07-13-2015

Hey, welcome back!

Everything has changed since you last played. 1.0 was a loooong time ago. Hope you enjoy the journey!

Welcome to the RPC, feel free to ask any questions you might have. We're a friendly bunch.

RE: Returning to the Fray - Zephyo - 07-13-2015

Thank you both for the warm welcome. I'm aiming to have my character's wiki page squared away by this weekend for some RP. And to that end, I'm trying to formulate a decent back story by trying to take advantage of my imported character's tattoo. Is it beyond the realm of possibility to say that he was a foot-soldier at the Battle of Carteneau who was thrown into the future? I forgot he was a lv 30 Gladiator, so I figured I could play on that by muddling his memories.

I also have come to realize that Miqo'te society is a bit skewed against males, and I've been trying to work around the fact that his name doesn't follow traditional conventions. I figure I can get away with the name by simply saying that he went by a new name after parting ways with his tribe, but I'm not familiar enough with the game's lore to wrap all this together into a comfortable, role-play friendly package.

I do have two Phials of Fantasia I can play with, and I figure I'm gonna use at least one to tweak his appearance just right. Does that allow for a name change as well, or is purely a cosmetic thing?

RE: Returning to the Fray - Gegenji - 07-14-2015

Fantasias are appearance-only, unfortunately. However, I think it'd be perfectly fine to have had your character take up an "alter ego" name. There could even be a story behind it you could play with. A former Nunh (if Seeker, which I'm assuming since you mentioned a tribe) that got defeated by a challenging Tia, and was embarrassed to the point that they left - or, on the flipside, a Tia who wanted to leave the tribe to start a splinter that never got off the ground. Or even just a tribesman who was more interested in urban life and took on the new name to better "fit in."

There's plenty of ways to work with it.

RE: Returning to the Fray - Zephyo - 07-15-2015

(07-14-2015, 07:38 AM)Gegenji Wrote: Fantasias are appearance-only, unfortunately. However, I think it'd be perfectly fine to have had your character take up an "alter ego" name. There could even be a story behind it you could play with. A former Nunh (if Seeker, which I'm assuming since you mentioned a tribe) that got defeated by a challenging Tia, and was embarrassed to the point that they left - or, on the flipside, a Tia who wanted to leave the tribe to start a splinter that never got off the ground. Or even just a tribesman who was more interested in urban life and took on the new name to better "fit in."

There's plenty of ways to work with it.

This has gotten my creative gears going quite well. While my current idea wouldn't have him remembering much of his past, it still contributes into who he is at the present, and that's more useful to me than he. I'm thinking something along the lines of number three, where he leaves his tribe due to personal dispute with his culture. Maybe after being heckled into a tournament of sorts, held after the Nunh of his tribe died of natural causes (if Louisoix can withstand Bahamut, even for as short of a time as he did, I think there can be an old Nunh somewhere in the mix). If I wanted this to be a card (or myself a cad, If I think too deeply into it), maybe he could have the finals under his belt before forfeiting, effectively giving his tribe the finger by leaving them with a lesser Nunh while he hit the road laughing.

That might work, if the timing fell within two or three before the Battle of Carteneau. Probably a better idea somewhere between these ears of mine, but it's not a bad rough sketch. Leaves room for far past acquaintances looking for resolution/revenge, fellow adventurers met along the Wanderer's way, and comrades-in-arms brought together under a falling moon. Maybe just enough of that Final Fantasy romance to slip in, maybe.

On another note, would E'rynth make for a good Seeker name?