Hydaelyn Role-Players
Newbie seeking mentor - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Newbie seeking mentor (/showthread.php?tid=12497)

Newbie seeking mentor - DanMachLie - 07-08-2015

Hello everyone,

For starters, let's say that I am a new FF14 player. Sadly enough, I am playing on my Playstation 4 which makes everything more complicated especially RP. Though, I fell in love with the game and the universe much more than I thought I actually would. So I'll probably buy it once more (yay) for the computer. Anyway, I don't know anything from FF14 rp and I'm looking forward reading and learning a lot more. If someone's willing to help me with that or to be available for odd questions or stuff, that would be amazing; Skype, In game, group me, whatever.

I did a lot of Forum Role Play in the past, especially in french or russian forums. That would be a first in english. Star Wars, ESO, LOTR, WOW, GW2 and a couple more games. Always looking for some RP guilds and partners. 

I aimed for short and medium RP although; on a French amateur game we created a whole world, life, that ended up being played by hundreds of people so I can do long-term RP. 

As for the characters I would like to play, I'm still trying to find what really suits me. I have a little something for Au Ra though.

And I heard about the coalition with a simple google search. 

Otherwise, my name's Dan, 23, live in Montreal, Canada, just finished my studies in political science, working full time, spent time in the army, love to play sports such as football, basket, soccer. Lived in a couple of countries. Easy going, love music ; metal electro and indie stuff mostly. I'd like to read more than what I actually do. My favorite book might be The Just Assassins - Albert Camus. 

I'll probably change servers once I find people to play / hang with; don't hesitate to add my skype or whatever ! 

dmabecassis

Dan

See you all ! ChocoboChocoboChocoboChocoboChocobo

RE: Newbie seeking mentor - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-08-2015

Ask away with any questions you might have! We'll try to help out where possible.

Also, why's PS4 bad? I know plenty of RPers who use the PS4. ...you can hook a keyboard and mouse up to it and use those to type/play too, if you really want. (Square Enix actually does this at conventions to cut costs on computers sometimes!)

edit: Right.... Welcome to the RPC! Knew I was forgetting something :p

RE: Newbie seeking mentor - DanMachLie - 07-08-2015

(07-08-2015, 10:05 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: Ask away with any questions you might have! We'll try to help out where possible.

Also, why's PS4 bad? I know plenty of RPers who use the PS4. ...you can hook a keyboard and mouse up to it and use those to type/play too, if you really want. (Square Enix actually does this at conventions to cut costs on computers sometimes!)

edit: Right.... Welcome to the RPC! Knew I was forgetting something :p

Thanks for the welcome, I never said that it was actually bad or anything, I'm just personally struggling too much with the keyboard and mouse that I added. Maybe I just need a bit more practice !

RE: Newbie seeking mentor - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-08-2015

Hmm...do you play with the keyboard/mouse for skills or a controller?

I'm a PC person, but I use a controller. (Which is apparently a minority ._. )

Could possibly send some tips your way one way or another. Smile

(07-08-2015, 10:19 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: Hmm...do you play with the keyboard/mouse for skills or a controller?

I'm a PC person, but I use a controller. (Which is apparently a minority ._. )

Could possibly send some tips your way one way or another. Smile

I'm using the controllers for movement and skills, but sometimes targeting with the controller is really frustrating, I'm trying to figure out which one I'd like more to be honest, played for less than a week. 

And yes it does seem like a minority !

RE: Newbie seeking mentor - Faye - 07-08-2015

Hello there, welcome! I'd be happy to role-play sometime or answer any questions you may have about the game.

(07-08-2015, 10:39 PM)Faye Wrote: Hello there, welcome! I'd be happy to role-play sometime or answer any questions you may have about the game.
 Thank you kindly !