Hydaelyn Role-Players
Forming a Static for Alexander! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Forming a Static for Alexander! (/showthread.php?tid=12352)

Pages: 1 2

Forming a Static for Alexander! - Meena - 06-30-2015

Hey guys~ As people may have noticed I do like my PVE (but probably not in the regard that a lot of others do...) and was going to fish here for like minded people who would enjoy a twice a week - steady group to clear the newest content.
  • Bismark EX
  • Ravan EX
  • Alexander 
I'm pretty terrible at making things polite and I'm a dreadful public speaker when it comes to getting my opinion properly across so i'll just state the rules all plain-Jane like and the information you'll need.

Run times: The static will run twice a week for an hour (excluding trash time) of progression twice a week. The days are to be discussed. The time however will be 9pm PST.

Gear Requirements: (Shoot me, yes, I asked for a Min ilevel ;u; ) now, I don't want to restrict people too much but for Alexander I expect a minimum of i166. Which requires a full Left side of the new gear un-upgraded and perhaps 2 upgraded right side pieces. This isn't too hard as long as you do your hunts. This is a much lower requirement than most groups ask for. That said, if you're one point away, I probably won't care too much. It's a general target.

Commitment: I expect if you sign up that you are ready for the commitments of the raid twice a week. The raid must come before any other role play commitments you have maid so we can actually grow as a group. If a personal emergency occurs, I can understand - real life does come first. 

Game knowledge/fight Knowledge: I wish to start a week after the Alexander raid is released so we are able to read up and learn the fights in part before we go in. This requires a minimum of perhaps 10 minutes of one of your weeks to read up on the mechanics of the first fight and such. I expect people to bring Potions and Food accordingly. This also includes reading up on what changes have effected your class and how you need to adapt. Big Grin

Patience and Progress: Progress only comes with patience and dedication. If you notice something in the group that is causing a snag, please speak up. We don't want to not learn from our mistakes.

I'll add more as I think of it..

Quote:members:

Tanks:
DRK(Dhunan Dothral) /
Healers: SCH(Hotaru) /
Raged DPS: SMN (The Whistler) /
Melee DPS: NIN (Aeron) / DRG (Intaki)

RE: Forming a Static for Alexander! - CallmeYahweh - 06-30-2015

Hey hey hey! I'm always down for end game statics!

I'm Dhunan Dotharl in-game, and I've got a 58 DRK, which I plan to push to 60 this weekend, and hopefully get those nasty DRK bugs fixed so I can gear right up this weekend. I also plan to level the other two tanks, and at least one healer class, and a melee DPS.

I raided in a progression, server-first pushing guild in WoW for six years. I've tanked, heal'd and DPS'd. Though I was mainly a tank healing paladin scum. I love end game but I didn't really catch the 2.0 train, and am definitely always down to tank or heal or dps it with people who are likewise interested in clearing it.

That said, I enjoy raiding with people who are fun to play with over the bleeding edge style players. I've had enough of a raid leader yelling at me for a few hours every night.

Hit me up!

RE: Forming a Static for Alexander! - Aaron - 06-30-2015

Im at 59 DRK, let me hit 60 tomorrow and figure out how ima gear it and ill probably join.

Gonna push my ninja to 60 eventually so there's also that.

RE: Forming a Static for Alexander! - V'aleera - 07-01-2015

I may join with my DRG. I'm currently playing around with the wifi at my home to fix a slight latency issue though, so I'm not quite ready to commit to anything yet.

RE: Forming a Static for Alexander! - Leomoon - 07-02-2015

If your on Balmung I'll join

RE: Forming a Static for Alexander! - Meena - 07-02-2015

(07-01-2015, 02:08 AM)Intaki Wrote: I may join with my DRG. I'm currently playing around with the wifi at my home to fix a slight latency issue though, so I'm not quite ready to commit to anything yet.
I'd recommend looking at wtfast if you have high ping

RE: Forming a Static for Alexander! - V'aleera - 07-02-2015

The issue isn't so much consistent high ping, so much as infrequent ping spikes that results in things like an ability animating but failing to actually carry through server side. It's not a huge hindrance, but it's a nuisance I'd like to resolve.

RE: Forming a Static for Alexander! - Aaron - 07-02-2015

You tried the obvious shut internet off and on again? 

That works almost all the time with me regarding such issues.

RE: Forming a Static for Alexander! - Zyrusticae - 07-03-2015

I'm totally up for it! Right now I'm almost finished gearing up my MCH and have been doing a lot of practice on my rotations. My DPS isn't, ahem, all that great right now (pending buffs to Gauss Barrel that will hopefully come along with the Wanderer's Minuet changes) but I'm pretty close to peak damage for MCH in general so I shouldn't drag anyone down.

I plan to level up and grab some gear for WAR and DRG as well, though I won't give you any guarantees there. I might just get bored during the leveling process, heh.

(07-02-2015, 10:51 PM)Intaki Wrote: The issue isn't so much consistent high ping, so much as infrequent ping spikes that results in things like an ability animating but failing to actually carry through server side. It's not a huge hindrance, but it's a nuisance I'd like to resolve.
Thankfully, this is exactly the kind of issue WTFast (and other booster programs like it) is designed to resolve. I highly recommend it.

RE: Forming a Static for Alexander! - CallmeYahweh - 07-03-2015

Bit of an update: hit 60 early this morning. Did some hunts, working on finishing the MSQ to unlock everything and get the roulettes rolling in.

RE: Forming a Static for Alexander! - V'aleera - 07-03-2015

I managed to work out the kinks after playing around with my router and cmd so I'm all for being a part of this now.

RE: Forming a Static for Alexander! - Meena - 07-06-2015

I doubt we'll be running unless we find a non-DRK tank and a WHM or AST. ><

(07-02-2015, 06:55 AM)Leomoon Wrote: If your on Balmung I'll join
We'll need a WHM or AST or a MCH/BRD

RE: Forming a Static for Alexander! - Mountie - 07-06-2015

Personally, I feel it would be a bit of a mistake to say that you simply wouldn't run this.
Allow me to explain.

While it would have been most convenient to find all of the individuals required here in this thread, chances are that most simply move in their own circles, especially since I know quite a few members of the RPC tank-wise who could do this. Instead of deciding that we simply lack the ability to field a static however, why not get a headcount of those who have already shown their interest - it seems the list is up to date minus a naming issue I PM'd about - and hop on merely thirty minutes or so beforehand to recruit members using the party finder.

You can easily describe it is as just "Need Non-DRK Tank, WHM, and BRD/MCH."

From the people that whisper you, you can explain that the rest of the party will be on in thirty minutes sharp, our pre-determined time. In fact, everyone should be on 15 minutes early just so we can early-fill if need be instead of wasting our window sitting around. During the raid, we can see the individual clicks, and if so, we can offer them a spot and explain the times and such to them.

While we won't immediately net the best of players, we are here to have fun, and individuals should all be given the chance to show that they can - at the least - learn from mistakes. I would hope that it wouldn't be too long after that when we might be able to field an entire static with no fill-in required.

(07-06-2015, 01:19 PM)Riordyn Ashentyr Wrote: Personally, I feel it would be a bit of a mistake to say that you simply wouldn't run this.
Allow me to explain.

While it would have been most convenient to find all of the individuals required here in this thread, chances are that most simply move in their own circles, especially since I know quite a few members of the RPC tank-wise who could do this. Instead of deciding that we simply lack the ability to field a static however, why not get a headcount of those who have already shown their interest - it seems the list is up to date minus a naming issue I PM'd about - and hop on merely thirty minutes or so beforehand to recruit members using the party finder.

You can easily describe it is as just "Need Non-DRK Tank, WHM, and BRD/MCH."

From the people that whisper you, you can explain that the rest of the party will be on in thirty minutes sharp, our pre-determined time. In fact, everyone should be on 15 minutes early just so we can early-fill if need be instead of wasting our window sitting around. During the raid, we can see the individual clicks, and if so, we can offer them a spot and explain the times and such to them.

While we won't immediately net the best of players, we are here to have fun, and individuals should all be given the chance to show that they can - at the least - learn from mistakes. I would hope that it wouldn't be too long after that when we might be able to field an entire static with no fill-in required.
Well yes, I do want us to have fun however. But I do not think that wishing a diverse group is hindering on that aspect of raiding. Also - this is not just for 'normal' mode, this is for savage mode and the like later where pugging members is not always the best option as it can throw of the entire vibe with those whom are normal.

I'm not trying to slight anyone but for certain situations yo need certain classes and the skills they bring.

A PLD, WAR and DRk all tank differently ad have different focuses.  A BRD and MCH both bring utility to the party through restoration of mana and the like while a bard has more due to foes requiem.

As I said, we still have a week before we begin to run together.