Hydaelyn Role-Players
Greetings all - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Greetings all (/showthread.php?tid=12339)

Greetings all - A'kos Saiyal - 06-30-2015

Hellooo.  I'm another returning player here, though in my case the last time I played it was still 1.0 so I feel like I've pretty much just started a new game. Blush Except with the ever swanky asuran gauntlets. I'm still getting used to things again, learning as I go can be a little tedious but manageable.  I used to rp all the time in ver 1.0 up until I left the game for greener pastures with some friends.  I can't say anything in particular has brought me back, not the expansion, but it felt like a good time to return and see how the world has changed.

So lets check out this template thinger...
--MMORPG background
Most of them?   I played EQ, but Asheron's Call was my first mmo love.  Not strictly a mmo, but persistant servers for NWN. Also;
  • WoW
  • AC2
  • EQ2
  • Aion
  • Sword of the New World
  • Dungeons and Dragons Online (great rp community back then)
  • Neverwinter Online
  • SWTOR
  • The Repopulation alpha (and when it's released)
  • Phantasy Star Online 1 and 2
  • Blade and Soul for a little while.
  • Small horde of free Asian mmo's
  • Somewhat larger horde of stuff I know I'm forgetting.
--RP experience

Heh, well I started rping in the Red Dragon Inn back when AoL was bright and shiny new.
But I've rp'd in all the games above except for Repop and the PSO's.  Besides mmo's, I've done a lot of table top, play by posts and chats online, and some larping.  Since when I did the larping I thought it'd be like hiking/camping with swords.  I was kinda right.

--Character ideas/info
A'kos is the remade main I played in ver 1.0.  I wanted to connect them somehow but with only 6 or 7 years (game + real time) I couldn't make him a kid.  I think I'll just say they're from the same place originally, an island nation outside of Limsa Lominsa's borders.  Not that it really matters, A'kos is a Lominsan essentially.

Besides being swashbucklery and seemingly carefree, I don't have much for him unfortunately.  I usually have lots of information on most aspects of a character.  This guy though?  Nope, likes booze but can't hold his liquor as well as he thinks, likes fighting, loves the Rogues guild, and wants his own personal airship.  (I know it's possible I saw a mount!) I wouldn't mind assistance here.

--How did you learn about the coalition?

Came about it looking through the Balmung official forum.
--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

Probably medium, I'll rp anything, and do any activity IC.  But if I'm with non rp'ers I probably won't.  And sometimes I don't have the energy.

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing?
I'm a school teacher on summer break, so I have lots of time.  I like to write and build/customize Gundam kits.  Other things but I've written enough already Blush

Thanks for having me Thumbsup

RE: Greetings all - Maril - 06-30-2015

Welcome aboard Smile