Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hiya! Sorta a newbie - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hiya! Sorta a newbie (/showthread.php?tid=12289)

Hiya! Sorta a newbie - Roe - 06-26-2015

Hiya, everyone I have been playing the game for about a month. I have had little dips in the water of rping. Hoping to have a fun time with everyone.Now I am going to use the templete provided to talk a little more about me.

--MMORPG background
I have played numerous mmos but my biggest ones I spent time in have been City of heroes may it RIP. I also played a bit of world of warcraft.

--RP experience
I have dipped my feet in the waters of rp a couple of times in the past and in this game. I have always been a very light rp do a little here and there and then
kinda fade out. But I would really like to get a bit more into rp on here as it always helps hold my attention. I have chatted a couple of times with people in Ul'dah but, mostly I just been watching people and awkwardly standing around shyly in town.

--Character ideas/info
Currently all I have finished so far has been the rogue and ninja storyline. Well I really like  Limsa Lominsa. I also enjoyed the rogue story like with the pirates. So current plans are to be a Privateer who works with the current pirates to accomplish mostly legal sometimes not legal things. Doing her best to stay outside the notice of the rogues and yellow jackets.But for the most part deals in sanctioned privateering.

Since joining the game I have been very interested in the lore so thats the basic idea. I was considering being a part of a current group but I have had a tough time remembering the names of the different groups. From the rogue story line though I don't actually IC want to be apart of the rogues. I will probably make up my own as soon as I figure out the naming conventions of the different groups.
Anyways I should cut this short or I really will ramble about this all day long.

--How did you learn about the coalition?
I was stalking random people in game reading their descriptions and ended up stumbling upon this site.As it was linked for their background. I decided to join because you guys seemed like a awesome bunch.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
I have always been a light rper but I would like to get to the point of being a medium rper. I would really like to get to the point of doing active rps in the world though.

RE: Hiya! Sorta a newbie - Maril - 06-26-2015

Welcome aboard! Smile

RE: Hiya! Sorta a newbie - Nebbs - 06-26-2015

Welcome, and you possibly know all this.

A good reference is [The Role-Play Handbook] a great resource.

Also check out the [RP Linkskell & Free Company Lists for Balmung] for things that suit you.

At the moment RP has taken a bit of a back seat but is starting up again, I even saw people RPing in sizeable groups in the new zones.

RE: Hiya! Sorta a newbie - Mountie - 06-26-2015

Welcome to the RPC! Quite the interesting way to find us, but we're most certainly glad that you did! Sadly I don't know an extraordinary amount about the privateers, minus a certain fellow by the name of Carvallain.

An awesome bunch? The wool has been pulled over your eyes, run while you ca-

<dragged into the depths of the Abyss>

RE: Hiya! Sorta a newbie - Mountie - 06-26-2015

Edit: Odd double-post that I can't seem to delete.

RE: Hiya! Sorta a newbie - Roe - 06-26-2015

Thank you all for the welcome.I have been heading the role play handbook it has had a lot of really good information inside of it so far. Though I did not know about the Link shells. I took a bit of a back seat on rp myself as I leveled to 50 and well now there is a entire expansion to explore once I make it through all the level 50 storyline.

I was thinking I might try playing through the mauradur storyline as I would think it would be similar to the rogue storyline.

RE: Hiya! Sorta a newbie - Faye - 06-26-2015

Hello there, welcome! \o/