Hydaelyn Role-Players
Question. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Question. (/showthread.php?tid=12282)

Question. - AzurezDragon - 06-25-2015

So, As of this weekend I've been trying to get on Balmung and after s taying up an entire day the servers are still locked for me.

Is there a good time during the day (EST) to try and create a character on Balmung? I just kind of feel confused and hopeless as to going about this.

RE: Question. - Unnamed Mercenary - 06-25-2015

With the recent expansion, it's gotten really hard to many new characters on Balmung.

You're best opportunities are probably right befire/after any maintenance notices.

Other that that, typically early morning EST has a decent chance. I would try between 6-9 in the morning on weekdays, which will have the highest amount of other people sleeping.

RE: Question. - AzurezDragon - 06-25-2015

Yeah, I had tried that time today actually and didn't fair well, just really not sure what to do at this point.

Thank you for the help though, I'll give it another shot tomorrow/tonight.

RE: Question. - Lorie Bluteau - 06-25-2015

Though budget wise it wouldn't be ideal.. Making a character on a different server and transferring over would be the least stressful way of going about it.

RE: Question. - Faye - 06-25-2015

The window typically opens up sometime between 2AM - 10AM EST. However, that's speaking normally. Considering Heavensward just launched, now is not exactly an ideal time to try to make a character on Balmung, but hopefully things will calm down soon.

I was thinking about doing that today actually!

Only...you have to wait three days after the character is created I think?

RE: Question. - Sin - 06-25-2015

I think Balmung's character creation has been outright closed temporarily.

Upon actually reading the guidelines, you are correct. You would have to wait three days before you could do the transfer. But if Balmung really is closed to new characters for now, it still would be your best option.

Welp, if that's the case I will see everyone in Three days time.

Thank you for all the help/suggestions.

Just the perfect time to build up a character~
See you when you join Balmung!

RE: Question. - Crossarchus - 06-26-2015

I have had luck in the past waiting until right after the server comes back online post-maintenance. Go ahead save the character design you want so all you have to do is load, choose your birthday, diety, and starting class, then away you go!

RE: Question. - Mountie - 06-26-2015

(06-25-2015, 08:34 PM)Lorie Bluteau Wrote: Though budget wise it wouldn't be ideal.. Making a character on a different server and transferring over would be the least stressful way of going about it.
Sadly I was just looking to make a much-desired alt for a storyline that recently caught my eye, and of course it seems that won't be the case. I did some research and it seems like Balmung is not available - period - to make characters as they try to direct the flow of fresh faces into specific low-pop servers no matter the current population status of heavy population servers.

I'll actually be using this method for the second time - I was forced to do this before - but I'll dip into my QoL budget. Thanks for the suggestion, for some silly reason I had already forgot I could do this!

RE: Question. - Gegenji - 06-26-2015

(06-26-2015, 10:01 AM)Riordyn Ashentyr Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 08:34 PM)Lorie Bluteau Wrote: Though budget wise it wouldn't be ideal.. Making a character on a different server and transferring over would be the least stressful way of going about it.
Sadly I was just looking to make a much-desired alt for a storyline that recently caught my eye, and of course it seems that won't be the case.

Can you dress up your character and use them in the storyline like that (NPC them, basically)? Or would it require a more dedicated character?