Hydaelyn Role-Players
Nervous wreck introduces herself - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Nervous wreck introduces herself (/showthread.php?tid=12270)

Pages: 1 2

Nervous wreck introduces herself - runa - 06-25-2015

Hi everyone!

I'm a bit nervous wreck, new-ish player to FFXIV and totally new to FFXIV's rp community.
I guess I'll be using Kylin's template to form this post a little, otherwise I'd probably stray from the topic and start babbling something totally unnecessary.

MMORPG Background

On mmos in general, I've got long history. My first one was, what a big surprise, World of Warcraft that I picked up late 2006.

Since that day I started to play, well, all kind of mmorpgs. I’m not gonna even start to list whatever I’ve tried (tried as in played more than 10 less than 50 hours), but actively I’ve played Wildstar, TERA, TSW, GW2, BNS (on kr, ch, tw and playbns), ArcheAge (kr and ru realms, never played en too much cause of sucky localization), Aura Kingdom (hk, never played en much), Black Desert (kr, have been playing last half year actively, but the lack of content made me drop) and Moonlight Blade. Anyways, I’m the kind of person who tries new mmos regularly, but always has “one main mmo” active.
So far it always used to be Wow, but after Wod launched, I sort of dropped it (partly thanks to Black Desert's OBT, partly thanks to Blizz) and been sort of shifting and switching ever since. Of couse there's those ones that I always go back to, such as TSW, Wildstar, GW2 and, well, FFXIV.

I’ve actually been with FFXIV since first betas, but it didn’t pick up my interest hard enough for me to keep on playing regularly, especially since I used to have WoW and later even Wildstar sub up constantly. However, I kept coming back every now and then, and the more I played, the more I started to like it. I got interested in the lore, I started to really enjoy the game and story and here I am now. With Wow on “little break”, I finally have the time and interest to get actually invested.

RP experience

I’ve got plenty rp experince in real life with friends, but on mmos I’ve only roleplayed in Wow. I’ve never been in “big rp guild that participates huge events”, just in small one that did few smaller events here and there. I was big fan of open world rp, though nowadays it’s much harder to find, in Wow that is. I also had plans for characters in TSW, GW2 and Wildstar, but never had the courage to put them into action.
In conclusion, not as much as I’d love to have, but some yes.

Character ideas/info

A’ight. So, I’ve got few characters in my mind, one being my main that I’ve been building since I first made her. In nutcase, my main, R’yue is seeker of the sun girl. She’s temperamental, lively and optimistic, desperately trying to act like a real adult all cool and calm to strangers. She’s currently studying magics in Gridania and her dream is to to sell flowers and have her own small house with garden.

I haven’t gone far enough with others to be confident enough to reveal anything, but xaela Au Ra is something I’d really love to try at one point.

How did you learn about the coalition?

Googled “FFXIV roleplay”. Simple as that.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

Honestly, probably somewhere along light to medium.
Not that I wouldn’t be interested in fulltime roleplay or heavier roleplay in general etc, but… I honestly don’t think I’m skilled enough, at least not yet. Maybe it’s just that I feel like I need more experience before doing anything really big.

Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing?

Well… I’m actually from eu, but I play on Balmung for sole reason that the rp community is biggest in there. I’ve come to know that apparently it’s not that rare…?

Also irl, I’m on rehabilitation currently, staying at home most of the time. I don’t do much anything besides playing games and making games.

RE: Nervous wreck introduces herself - McBeefâ„¢ - 06-25-2015

YOU FOOL.

HOW DARE YOU POST THIS THREAD.

Just kidding! No reason to be nervous, people tend to be pretty nice on both the RPC and Balmung. If you have any questions let us know :3.

RE: Nervous wreck introduces herself - Seye Qhesu - 06-25-2015

(06-25-2015, 04:12 AM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: YOU FOOL.

HOW DARE YOU POST THIS THREAD.

Just kidding! No reason to be nervous, people tend to be pretty nice on both the RPC and Balmung.  If you have any questions let us know :3.
*flips Natalie*

HOW DARE YOU----- Be so nice!

<3

Welcome to the forums! As Natalie said, we're generally nice around here. If you ever see me standing around Ishgard icly complaining about the cold or how rude Ishgardians can be you are more then welcomed to do walk up rp!

RE: Nervous wreck introduces herself - Rahz Jakkari - 06-25-2015

Hey. Welcome! I'm just back from a long break and feeling super nervous to jump back in myself  Tongue There are lots of EU players on Balmung - myself included. Feel free to hit me up on here or in-game for some RP or whatever else. Enjoy your stay Big Grin

YOU SHOULD BE NERVOUS.

WE WILL CRUSH YOU.

REND THE FLESH FROM YOUR BONES.

But no, don't be nervous! Join an LS, come say hello! People are very nice. This is the first MMO I ever RP'd on, and I started just by walking up and saying hello to people OOCly. I hope you enjoy your time here :3 .

RE: Nervous wreck introduces herself - runa - 06-25-2015

Ah thank you all so much, makes me feel a bit better to know that the community is really nice and welcoming! ´ u `)

(06-25-2015, 04:49 AM)ryue Wrote: Ah thank you all so much, makes me feel a bit better to know that the community is really nice and welcoming! ´ u `)

...Crap

You're not scared off yet? Rending? Flesh? Bones?

Oh well, I guess you're here to stay then.

*sighs* I need to work on my scaring tactics... maybe get a mask...

RE: Nervous wreck introduces herself - Rosamund - 06-25-2015

Don't be nervous! Big Grin Welcome to the RPC. You might want to check out the European Directory for events, linkshells and FCs that play at EU-friendly hours on Balmung. There's also an OOC Au Ra linkshell if you do end up making a Xaela. Hope you enjoy your time here!

RE: Nervous wreck introduces herself - Melodia - 06-25-2015

Hello! Welcome and glad to meet you. Hope you enjoy it, and if you ever need any help, as stated before, please give me a shout. Smile

RE: Nervous wreck introduces herself - Magellan - 06-25-2015

Totally read this as 'Nervous Wreck introduces herself' and thought to myself: oh another Roegadyn? Coooolll

RE: Nervous wreck introduces herself - Alderique - 06-25-2015

(06-25-2015, 07:29 AM)Magellan Wrote: Totally read this as 'Nervous Wreck introduces herself' and thought to myself: oh another Roegadyn? Coooolll

It is official, OP has to make this character.

RE: Nervous wreck introduces herself - runa - 06-25-2015

(06-25-2015, 02:12 PM)tortles Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 07:29 AM)Magellan Wrote: Totally read this as 'Nervous Wreck introduces herself' and thought to myself: oh another Roegadyn? Coooolll

Now I'm starting to get really tempted, it would definitely be super adorable! :'D

RE: Nervous wreck introduces herself - Gegenji - 06-25-2015

(06-25-2015, 03:21 PM)r'yue Wrote:

Now I'm starting to get really tempted, it would definitely be super adorable! :'D
She can hang out with my yet-to-be-created Roe named Unpronounceable Name. Thumbsup

RE: Nervous wreck introduces herself - Mountie - 06-25-2015

The OP as you call it is R'yue, lets set a shining example that Reddit will never follow by letting people keep their identity.

RE: Nervous wreck introduces herself - Faye - 06-25-2015

Hello there, welcome! Big Grin There's no need to be nervous, everyone here is very friendly! It's good to see another person from Celestial Hills around!