Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello there! I'm new here - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello there! I'm new here (/showthread.php?tid=12255)

Hello there! I'm new here - LadyNeith - 06-24-2015

*wave* hello. I'm in a bit of a unique position but I'll get to that in a moment. 

--MMORPG background
-- I've played MMo's since anarchy online. I've played many of them (including WOW, COH, tons of free ones, Final Fantasy XI, XIV v1.0 and now ARR. 

--RP experience
-- I've been RPing in some form since I was in high school (drama is just another form of RP, right?) I started with D&D and moved on to Gurps, and Battlelords of the 23rd century (I was in what was dubbed "the bloodiest playtest group ever" we wear that badge with honor). I love RP 

--Character ideas/info
-- Most of my characters *currently* have the first name of "Neith". This is only so people can find me quickly for teams/etc. They do not share races.

-- I have a baby lancer Au Ra - Neith Protothronia who takes her surname as a matter of honor. There is something she has been called to do. There is a throne she is sent to ascend and she will find it and fultill her duty. She is a kind and benevolent person though. A just ruler does not rule over the bodies of her subjects.

-- My main is Neith Hecatebolus (which is hilarious because she's still only a baby archer). She is a helper. She can be serious and a bit standoffish if she doesn't know you, but it's only ebcause she's trying to learn who you are and how to properly understand your customs. (I have a few 50 classes on her)

--How did you learn about the coalition?
-- Reddit looking for an RP server. A few were listed but this was listed as a resource so I decided to check here first.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
-- I think for FF I'm looking for medium to heavy and here is where I have some problems. I have an established - higher level - character. The thought of losing her is really tough since I've invested so much time into her but I REALLY want to find a solid RP community that will not mind if I watch the videos as I enter the dungeons or speak/act in character.

I'm looking for a group who won't mind me still learning things (I have a LOT to learn in this game and even with a few 50's I'm STILL LEARNING. I've never done the coils and there is a lot of content I've missed (and am going back and doing). But game world transfer isn't cheap (at least not in my opinion) and I want to make sure that I can find a HOME where I am going. So I'd like ideas on the best RP srvers/LS/Fc's that might be willing to take on a "trial member" (I'm not so egotistical as to assume everyone loves me Big Grin though I'm told I have an 18 CHA online Big Grin)

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)
-- I'm a fitness professional as my day job. I run my own online fitness business and work almost exclusively with people who have chronic illnesses, old injuries, limited mobility and the like. I even pull my geekdom into it a bit as all my clients are "Action Heroes" and get to choose their "Super Hero identities" when they work with me Big Grin I'm a geek through and through. 

Thank you for your time and for reading. 

RE: Hello there! I'm new here - Maril - 06-24-2015

Welcome to the RPC Smile

RE: Hello there! I'm new here - LadyNeith - 06-24-2015

*bows* Thank you. 

there is a wealth of information here. I'm availing myself of your library and directory. There may be a group of like minded adventurers I can get in touch with in Brynhildr (yea, it means no need to change worlds) now, to contact them Smile

RE: Hello there! I'm new here - Unnamed Mercenary - 06-24-2015

Hiya! Welcome to the RPC.

If there's anything you're trying to find, give us a shout! There's a lot more resources here than the search bar can sometime provide. (And way more than that if some of the lore lurkers peek in)

RE: Hello there! I'm new here - LadyNeith - 06-26-2015

Thanks. I spent a good few hours looking around, referencing and cross referencing. There was a LOT of information.

I have located a FC on Bryn, which means I may not have to change servers (yea). but we will see what goes from there. Unfortunately, I've not beein able to spend much additional time looking because life decided to butt in Big Grin