Hydaelyn Role-Players
hey! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: hey! (/showthread.php?tid=12210)

hey! - Rahz Jakkari - 06-22-2015

hey there! I'm Tanner, or Shay, but you can actually call me whatever you like (Godzilla totally works for me.) I'm actually not new to the forums; I used to RP quite frequently until I had to take a break for a good long while. Unfortunately I forgot my log in details, so here I am trying to get back in to the swing of things (a LOT has changed woah)Dazed

--MMORPG background 
Hmm I played a lot of WoW before FF, a little Runescape, ect ect.

--RP experience
I've been Roleplaying for a few years now! I believe I started with a few of my WoW friends, though that was only forum and IM stuff. FF was my first time Roleplaying in an MMO, so I'm still very new to it (about a year??)

--Character ideas/info
Mm, o lord. I've had so many different ideas it's pretty hard to get anything cemented, I'm super indecisive at best. But I very much like the idea of RPing a character from a wealthy family. An Ul'dahn noble perhaps? Noble rivalries and underhanded politicking really appeal to me. I'm totally open to some ideas, if fact I'd appreciate them. 

--How did you learn about the coalition?
hmm, I honestly can't remember. I think a player told me about it.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
My time spent RPing in-game will be very sporadic at first, what with HW and actually getting my butt to finish the MSQ, but once I'm back in the groove of things I'll be medium-heavy.  
I'm also always up for some forum/IM stuff.

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)
sure! I'm a 19 year old student from London studying art at college, to my immense regret. Among my greatest passions are games, stories (surprise!) and art, and I've been known to ramble. I'm a total scatterbrain too, but hey, what do you expect, I'm a student. 

Whew! Introductory posts are always so hard. So yeah, that's it. As I've already said, I'd be super appreciative of any ideas - perhaps even some help fleshing out a character, or to brush up on the lore. Thanks!

RE: hey! - Wooden Fingers - 06-22-2015

Welcome to the RPC, Godzilla. Political RP's always really fun, but I've not done any of it in FF. I kind of wanted a break from it after GW2 and, well, this led to that. I'm not sure how much goes on in-game, but Ul'dah's probably the place to do it. You could try networking with Free Companies, too, if you're up to organising such things.

If you want help with the MSQ or need some gear crafted to get your ilvl up, or just want someone to chat to please don't hesitate to poke me in-game. I hope you enjoy your stay here and manage to defeat the queues. c:

RE: hey! - Rosamund - 06-23-2015

Hello and welcome from another UK player! You might want to check out the European Directory for events, linkshells and FCs that play at EU-friendly hours on Balmung. Hope you enjoy your stay! Big Grin

RE: hey! - Rahz Jakkari - 06-24-2015

Thanks! Hope to see you around. :-)

RE: hey! - Faye - 06-24-2015

Hello there, welcome back! Big Grin