Hydaelyn Role-Players
Au Ra lore - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Au Ra lore (/showthread.php?tid=12203)

Au Ra lore - DeathGodSkeith - 06-22-2015

I need some help on this one. Is there any reason an Au Ra would grow up in Gridania. Any way to make sense of it. Can't find much lore on the race

RE: Au Ra lore - shotgunbadger - 06-22-2015

Well they're from a nation that's been dominated by the empire pretty bad, there could easily be refugees anywhere.

RE: Au Ra lore - Seriphyn - 06-22-2015

Au Ra are not native to Eorzea, and they have only recently arrived to the realm. There is little to nothing that suggests there are Au Ra Eorzeans. One that is born to Eorzea would be an extreme exception, and probably subject to unique experiences growing up.

RE: Au Ra lore - shotgunbadger - 06-22-2015

Wait I think I forgot when the empire's taking of their homeland happened. I know in the storyline there's a thing with an Au Ra refugee just coming over but I can't remember if her deal is 'no this went down right now and I bailed' or a 'things got desperate so we're gone'.

I mean, that's the problem with new races getting tossed in with little to no real lore around them, the literal only Au Ra we had was one person before this so she's kinda the only source we can use.

RE: Au Ra lore - Arik - 06-22-2015

As others have mentioned, I'm not aware of any lore that would substantiate an Eorzean born/raised Au Ra. 

I imagine there are always ways to twist things should you *really* want to do it, but the character would have to be one of very, very few Au Ra to have been in Eorzea Pre-Heavensward. (If even refugees were common, after all, it would seem we ought to have seen them around occasionally as NPCs-- it's not like they're hard to miss. I realize we didn't because the race literally didn't exist yet, but I figure their absence until now is not something we can totally ignore either.)

The Au Ra, in what lore I've seen, are very much localized to their home continent of Othard. The Xaela are generally tribal and nomadic (where I imagine them being very much "stay with the tribe" in mindset) and even the Raen are described as being solitary in their homes within the mountains.

There's always room for exceptions, of course, and I know of at least one or two player character Au Ra who are doing a "native Eorzean" thing, but if you're worried about adhering much to lore, I would advise sticking with the Othard-Native origins if you can. If you don't mind stretching lore and finding ways to try to make it feasible though, that's certainly up to you.

RE: Au Ra lore - DeathGodSkeith - 06-22-2015

got all i needed. can i have an admin close this thread

RE: Au Ra lore - X'nath - 06-22-2015

Please be aware that this is only really learned if you are currently leveling DRK and have gotten past 50... I'll put it in a spoiler, however, this DOES really apply to the Au Ra..

Show Content

There is also a tribe that learned of the cultures of other races. You could come from there.

RE: Au Ra lore - Roda - 06-22-2015

(06-22-2015, 08:31 PM)X'nath Wrote: There is also a tribe that learned of the cultures of other races. You could come from there.
There's also a tribe that flees at first sign of anyone else but them, so It's not SUPER DUPER UBER far fetched to be able to hide away. (Just the timeline is iffy)

RE: Au Ra lore - Nero - 06-22-2015

Here's something you may find useful. Minor spoilers.

Show Content