Hydaelyn Role-Players
Interest check: A (spiritually) Chrono Trigger/Cross themed RP? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Interest check: A (spiritually) Chrono Trigger/Cross themed RP? (/showthread.php?tid=12164)

Interest check: A (spiritually) Chrono Trigger/Cross themed RP? - Kousagi - 06-19-2015

So I'm still working out the kinks of this idea in my head, but with E3 recently, a few people in the Chrono fandom got hyped (and subsequently crushed) at the lack of Chrono anything. (Except for SE's 2015 hype trailer using Chrono music, haaa... thanks for that, SE.) Long story short, it kinda tickled the sleeping Chrono fan in me, but none of the members that returned to the compendium fandom seem to be roleplayers. </3

I'm planning on coming back to FFXIV once Heavensward drops next week, both for gameplay and for RP since I've kinda been on hiatus for the last two or three months. 

Except, I'm really tempted to get a linkshell together of people who are also into Chono Cross/Trigger and want to try and fandangle some sort of CC/CT themed RP together. 

I'm thinking it'd actually be an intentionally small to medium sized group. 20 members at the very most if we can get someone to step in for Trigger's 8 main characters, a couple NPCs, and an equal or similar amount of Cross characters.

The whole Chrono RP would be an AU from the plot of everyone else's characters—think of it as having a forum RP where you have your established character, but there's a subforum where you've got like a "high school AU" and you take your character and tweak it into this alternate plot with others to interact similarly in a setting that doesn't affect your main plot.

Players would be able to pick/claim the Chrono canon they represent (someone your character would be most similar to, or someone you wouldn't mind your character to be similar to for the AU sake of this RP.) 

Say, a "Zacharaiah Cross" (random name) signs up and wants to represent Crono from CT. With a little glamour-ing, Zachariah joins as our Crono. Whoever comes in representing our Lucca would automatically have a past friendship with Zacharaiah, as Crono and Lucca were childhood friends. Whoever comes in as Marle would probably have the option of a romantic subplot between each other, as Crono and Marle had a romance (but it's honestly up to the players, if ya'll prefer a platonic friendship that's cool too.)

And if you're REALLY hardcore interested and even want to make an alt with the actual characters' name, look, and personality, that's totally accepted, too.

I'm thinking, if we really want, we can hang out just as the characters casually some days but on other days we can have scheduled "episodes" of group-wide storyline where we are sure we can all be online together at once and take part in scenes similar to the ones from Chrono Trigger or Cross, we could bounce ideas around on the forums to drive our groupwide plot/RP sessions around, etc.

I think it'd be fun. Any Trigger/Cross fans around with an interest in this? So far it's just me wanting to RP an Eorzean AU of Kid like crazy, and I'd love to hang out with someone who wants to be Marle, or Crono, or Serge, or even Lynx, etc. 

It'd definitely take a lot of OOC idea bouncing to see how everyone would fit together in one (Eorzean) universe. 

Any takers? :3

RE: Interest check: A (spiritually) Chrono Trigger/Cross themed RP? - Nero - 06-20-2015

[pew pew mod lasers]

Moving this thread to Making Connections for people who may be looking for plot ideas.