Hydaelyn Role-Players
If I Were a Xaela... o/` - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: If I Were a Xaela... o/` (/showthread.php?tid=12125)

If I Were a Xaela... o/` - Gegenji - 06-18-2015

Show Content

With them finally releasing the naming conventions for the Au Ra (which is being discussed over here), we have have been presented with a whole slew of Xaela tribes - all with their own little blurbs of information. From the water-loving Ejinn to the horse-loving Goro. 51 tribes in all to choose from - if the Xaela hopeful doesn't just decide to make their own.

Still, though, I figured it would be fun if we played around with these new tribes a little. There's quite a few interesting tidbits and a few are just downright amusing. So, I pose the following question: which tribe do you think your non-Au Ra character would fit in best with based solely on the information provided? Purely theoretical situation, of course - either they're forced to side with one for one reason or another... or through some retcon shenanigans they were actually raised by one of said tribes. Or maybe it's simply which ones you think your character would best pal around with.

Conversely, which one would they hate or actively avoid based on the same information? The violent Dotharl? Maybe they'd dislike the equality-gone-too-far mindset of the Sagahl? Maybe they just don't like that Qestir staring at them and not saying anything, c'mon man stoppit.

Personally, I could see Chachan siding best with the Qerel. Being a little weapon and armorsmith himself, I think he'd fare well with them. Though, actually killing that steppe tiger to get the raw materials might be an... interesting situation - especially if he had to do it well before his weapon training with Warren. Being the "be friends with everyone" type, he'd obviously dislike the Dotharl quite a bit.

His brother, Gogon, being the elitist intelligent tactical type, would likely be better off with the Malqir. Though I could totally see him trying to master Kharaqiq and seeking to get himself into a position he feels he rightly deserves given his obvious intelligence. He'd likely have qualms with a few of the other tribes... but given his continued conflict with his father and how he wants to live his life, I could see him having a special dislike of the Urumet.

Also, if you'd like, I suppose you could suggest what tribes you might think their friends and allies might be part of. As long as you're not mean or something about it. Leanne, for example, I could see being part of one of three tribes - the traveling Dataq/Haragin or the musically inclined Qalli.

RE: If I Were a Xaela... o/` - Asmodean - 06-18-2015

As I posted elsewhere Asmo would be at home with Qestir due him finding action more important then words. Having grown up in Ul'dah, he knows how easily some people lie.He would also take to protecting the weaker tribes like the Hotgo and the Kahkol.

Tribes he would openly dislike or even attack would be Buduga, Jhungid, Kharlu, Tumet and the Dotharl.

Jhungid and the Kharlu would be hated for fighting needless wars that neither side could really have a decisive victory. Asmo would hate the Buduge due to the kidnapping to increase it's ranks.

Tumet would be tied as the most hated tribe due way it handles the coming of age for it young. In his mind there is no reason to ever do something like making someone so young to have to under go something like having to break some binding and then find their tribe again elsewhere.

Dotharl.... what can be really said that no one else might think. Needless killing, attack others on sight, too much for Asmodean to hate. Hell the only thing he might respect to a point is the lack of fear of death.

Off topic here but I better see a few Bard Qalli wondering around.

RE: If I Were a Xaela... o/` - Blue - 06-18-2015

Quote:The Goro believe horses to be perfect beings, and each male and female, upon their coming of age, is married to a horse of the opposite sex. Reproductive mates are chosen by lots.

I'm totally a Goro.

RE: If I Were a Xaela... o/` - Flickering Ember - 06-18-2015

Torgud

Quote:This desert tribe does not wear any clothes, choosing instead to cover their bodies almost entirely in a white paint created from mud, lime, and bone meal. The paint helps to reflect the relentless desert sun.

This one. I know this is the lol!nudity one but it makes the most sense for Ember. For those who are not familiar with Ember, she is a Hellsguard roegadyn with no family who was discovered roaming the deserts at a very young age. She was completely wild and feral, never having encountered other people or civilization.
Incredibly, she managed to survive her childhood on her own.

I'd always said that Ember probably just wears long clothes but then I never realized or knew that various muds, paints, or earths could be used as a skin protectant. That is probably even more canonically accurate for her to take part in. So, I have considered doing a slight retcon in her backstory to add that in.[/font][/color]

TL;DR though? Ember already practices Torgud's tribe traditions. Grew up in the desert? Check. Will use some type of mud to protect herself from the sun? Check. Questionable bits of modesty that she doesn't use to be tantalizing because she's asexual? Check. [/font][/color]

RE: If I Were a Xaela... o/` - Qhora Bajihri - 06-19-2015

Dataq is where she'd be happiest, I think. Travel so much, you sleep on horseback. She might join Qestir after the fact. After what she's been through, it'd seem wonderfully simplistic to blame it on the words and try straight up avoiding them.

RE: If I Were a Xaela... o/` - Lost River - 06-20-2015

I have a Xaela; her name is Khorijin Borlaaq; yep, she is of the all female tribe in now a world full of men.

Quite curious and terrifying all the same, especially when it comes to Lalafells, she cannot tell them apart unless they were nude or speaking.

Why Borlaaq? There were many different types of tribes to pick from, fun ones; but I've never done any RP that had more of an Amazonian style approach; in the sense of Wonder Woman. So, I was always curious as to the hardships and oddities it would be to play from a tribe of your own gender where the other gender isn't necessarily considered inferior, but only needed mainly for breeding purposes.

She will more than likely make people angry, uncomfortable, and curious of the opposite gender. But she will grow, will she find love? Maybe, enemies? Definitely, friends? Hopefully. She isn't abrasive, but as the new kid on the block with a raising of predominately females only, it will be quite the bumpy, but fun road!

RE: If I Were a Xaela... o/` - Viola - 06-23-2015

I haven't decided on which Au Ra sub-clan I'll be choosing (Raen or Xaela), but if I do choose to go with Xaela, it's going to be Dotharl.

RE: If I Were a Xaela... o/` - Lost River - 06-23-2015

I made mine; Khorijin Borlaaq. Poor girl is a little uncultured in terms of proper society; she did learn a bit while she was stuck behind borders in Ishgard. . . now she is out wrecking havoc in Eorzea; hunting in peoples ponds, eating candy weird, all insanity I have you!

Khori is fun to play. In a cute sort of way. Until you get on her bad sad. No more fun cute Khori for you!