Hydaelyn Role-Players
Au Ra Naming Conventions - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Au Ra Naming Conventions (/showthread.php?tid=12122)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Au Ra Naming Conventions - Virella - 06-18-2015

Click here for naming conventions! SE Forums!

Enjoy!

Edit: I'm baffled how much diversity they've given for the clans, seems everyone can pick an Au Ra Xaela background to his/her liking.

Edit 2:

Lianne Lacroix was so helpful to give us a thread for assistance for your Au Ra names. Check it out here!

RE: Au Ra Naming Conventions - Oscare - 06-18-2015

Nice. I love the Mongolian(first)-tribe(surname) combo for Xaela. Very nifty.

Edit: can we just talk about;
"Torgurd, This desert tribe does not wear any clothes, choosing instead to cover their bodies almost entirely in a white paint created from mud, lime, and bone meal. The paint helps to reflect the relentless desert sun."

RE: Au Ra Naming Conventions - Gegenji - 06-18-2015

(06-18-2015, 08:22 AM)Oscare Wrote: Nice. I love the Mongolian(first)-tribe(surname) combo for Xaela. Very nifty.

"Torgurd, This desert tribe does not wear any clothes, choosing instead to cover their bodies almost entirely in a white paint created from mud, lime, and bone meal. The paint helps to reflect the relentless desert sun."

Nope, gotta talk about them Goro.

"The Goro believe horses to be perfect beings, and each male and female, upon their coming of age, is married to a horse of the opposite sex. Reproductive mates are chosen by lots."

RE: Au Ra Naming Conventions - cherrybomb - 06-18-2015

I'm partial to Ejinn.

Quote:Ejinn - A river tribe that chooses to swim from place to place rather than walk or take boats. It is said that members of the Ejinn can hold their breaths for up to a quarter bell, and will often migrate while almost completely submerged in order to avoid contact with hostile tribes.

Gonna make me a Kappa.

RE: Au Ra Naming Conventions - Fox - 06-18-2015

(06-18-2015, 08:22 AM)Oscare Wrote: Nice. I love the Mongolian(first)-tribe(surname) combo for Xaela. Very nifty.

Sign me up for Torgurd, jk.

RE: Au Ra Naming Conventions - Rosamund - 06-18-2015

(06-18-2015, 08:33 AM)Gegenji Wrote: "The Goro believe horses to be perfect beings, and each male and female, upon their coming of age, is married to a horse of the opposite sex. Reproductive mates are chosen by lots."

W-what?! That can't be real? I mean, I'm reading it, but...wat?!

RE: Au Ra Naming Conventions - Ritual - 06-18-2015

(06-18-2015, 08:33 AM)Gegenji Wrote:

"The Goro believe horses to be perfect beings, and each male and female, upon their coming of age, is married to a horse of the opposite sex. Reproductive mates are chosen by lots."
I need to make a Goro just to see how people react when they find out I'm married to a horse.

RE: Au Ra Naming Conventions - Griffith! - 06-18-2015

The Japanese influence in the Auri names really makes me hopeful that the Samurai job will be in an upcoming update.

RE: Au Ra Naming Conventions - Gegenji - 06-18-2015

(06-18-2015, 08:43 AM)Ritual Wrote:
(06-18-2015, 08:33 AM)Gegenji Wrote:

I need to make a Goro just to see how people react when they find out I'm married to a horse.

"Take a look at my horse, my horse is amazing."

In all seriousness, I get the feeling we'll likely see some sidequests involving certain Xaela tribes. The Dotharl/Hotgo situation sounds ripe for quest fodder, as does the Jhungid/Kharlu rivalry (you know if this was WoW, they'd be rival factions you could gain rep with one at the cost of the other). And I expect to see some Dalamiq cultists.

RE: Au Ra Naming Conventions - Arter Wood - 06-18-2015

(06-18-2015, 08:44 AM)Griffith! Wrote: The Japanese influence in the Auri names really makes me hopeful that the Samurai job will be in an upcoming update.
SPOILER ALERT DUDE

RE: Au Ra Naming Conventions - Cailean Lockwood - 06-18-2015

Sounds like my kind of tribe.

RE: Au Ra Naming Conventions - Kurt S. - 06-18-2015

"I bet my horse can beat up your horse!"

RE: Au Ra Naming Conventions - Mercer - 06-18-2015

Hells, no wonder it took until today for them to release the conventions. This is substantial stuff that is going to take some time to review.

RE: Au Ra Naming Conventions - Meena - 06-18-2015

Tumet clan, represent!

RE: Au Ra Naming Conventions - Clover - 06-18-2015

The Au Ra lore is completely crazy and I LOVE it. It makes me sad that we'll miss tons of those cultures because we can't play in Othard ;_;

Anyway, my Xaela will be a Kahkol! Possibly an Oronir in the past. From what I see, Xaelas tend to change their tribe more or less easily.