Hydaelyn Role-Players
Coming back - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Coming back (/showthread.php?tid=12095)

Coming back - GabrielDante - 06-16-2015

Heya everyone, figured I'd introduce myself.
I played a tiny bit about 2 years ago, and didn't get hooked. Got myself started back up a few days ago, and enjoying myself immensely, so now its time to meet some people.

I'm on Balmung and have NO idea what I'm doing. So if anyone wants to seek me out and give me a hand (RP, IC, OOC, anything would be helpful, I barely know how to stand most of the time) it would be greatly appreciated.

I love running around and seeing all the RP tags flying overhead, but there doesn't seem to be much being said in /say anywhere, so maybe I'm just in the wrong place.

Hope to run into some of you soon.

RE: Coming back - Unnamed Mercenary - 06-16-2015

Welcome back!

If you need someone to help out with content-y things, feel free to poke me on Franz Renatus (assuming we're online around the same time)

As for lot of /say RP, you're best bests are in the tavern-y areas, like the Quicksand in Uldah, Drowning Wench in Limsa and Carline Canopy in Gridania. I do see some around in the fields, but it's a much rarer sight.

RE: Coming back - Arter Wood - 06-16-2015

I think a good way to find a nice community to talk to is either a linkshell or a free company. Although, free companies normally tie in ICly. This is where linkshells come in handy!

With that said, I'd totally recommend looking at the linkshells part of this website. I'm in Hugs & Cake myself, nice peopleBig Grin

RE: Coming back - GabrielDante - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 07:26 PM)Arter Wood Wrote: I think a good way to find a nice community to talk to is either a linkshell or a free company. Although, free companies normally tie in ICly. This is where linkshells come in handy!

With that said, I'd totally recommend looking at the linkshells part of this website. I'm in Hugs & Cake myself, nice peopleBig Grin
Definitely seems that linkshells are the way to go, now I just need to figure out how to actually make it work in game.

You can join 8 of them right? I don't want to be be bouncing in and out of them if its a permanent choice of 1 or another.

RE: Coming back - Unnamed Mercenary - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 07:36 PM)GabrielDante Wrote:
(06-16-2015, 07:26 PM)Arter Wood Wrote: I think a good way to find a nice community to talk to is either a linkshell or a free company. Although, free companies normally tie in ICly. This is where linkshells come in handy!

Definitely seems that linkshells are the way to go, now I just need to figure out how to actually make it work in game.

You can join 8 of them right? I don't want to be be bouncing in and out of them if its a permanent choice of 1 or another.

correct! Up to 8 linkshells can be joined. You can only be in 1 Free Company though.

I'd recommend Friends of Momodi if you like Ul'dah and Open RP

RE: Coming back - Nebbs - 06-17-2015

Welcome

I think LS are nice, and all, but you get out of them what you put in. Also in my experience many are very quiet with just a few who might spark off a conversation. For active RP you can see there is always the Quicksands in Ul'dah but I often see RP going on across the world.

I would also recommend an FC that is RP focused, there are quite a few, and you also get some other benefits from being in an FC like buffs, rooms, vendors, stables, gardens. Definately ask any FC what they do with buffs & gardens.

So check out the [RP Linkskell & Free Company Lists for Balmung] for things that suit you. However, be prepared to shop around a bit after sampling.

For a very active shall feel free to come and join us in [Hugs & Cakes Link Shell] where there is a nice positive bunch of RPers.

RE: Coming back - GabrielDante - 06-18-2015

I joined Hugs and Cake, seems like a good group of people. Been rather quiet since a lot of the talk is about things I don't understand yet.

Trying to absorb as much as I can at this point and find my way to get involved.

Currently trying to find the best way to tell who's talking, never has a game made me wish for chat bubbles like this one does. Having everyone's name visible all the time drives me crazy, but with the names off I cant tell who's speaking. Just need to find my right settings.