Hydaelyn Role-Players
Nice to meet everyone! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Nice to meet everyone! (/showthread.php?tid=11937)

Pages: 1 2

Nice to meet everyone! - rikiyuu - 06-06-2015

Hello. I've been playing FF14 for almost 2 months, and lately all I've done is just level and level and grind story quests...not really settling down to have fun and to relax. Whenever I do it just seems like I'm still not having fun. So I thought, "maybe there are people here who rp..." and so here we are.

My name is Nile, and I hope that by joining an RP linkshell/server, I can enjoy the game a lot more and have so much more fun! I'm currently in the coeurl server (i chose it randomly...) I'm gonna try and squeeze into Balmung or something ;w;

I'll be using the template to introduce myself further.

--MMORPG background

> the first mmo I've ever "devoted" myself to was Trickster Online. Sadly the game shut down and I've since joined a private server, but have found myself not enjoying it too well. Then I came to FF14, and here we are! I'm quite a "casual" player because I go to school and work, and I really prefer to take the game at my own pace. Any kind of "rushing" or "negativity" towards how I play really gets me frazzled and kinda upset @_@

--RP experience

> this is where it might get sad...my last long term rp partner and I had a falling out, and ended on a bad note which resulted in us not being friends. As a result I've been too afraid to RP, cause I didn't want things to end so...badly @_@ But I love RPing with all my heart, and honestly, I miss it and don't want a bad experience to traumatize my love for it.
I'm used to long, multi paragraph RPing with loads of details and story and fleshing out characters, and huuuuuuuge interactions. I love dialogue and having characters interact and learn a lot about each other. It's my favorite thing. Cause then it gives me a chance to draw everyone's characters <3

--Character ideas/info

> I don't really have any "ideas", but when I play games like Fallout 3 with a karma bar, I usually play a character with a heart of gold who treats everyone nicely...and happens to be a thief or something weird like that. 
I wanted to go for a quiet and polite Mi'qote, who is very knowledgeable and seeks it constantly, a lancer who dreams of being a dragoon. A smart one at that! I worry that would be too cliche, but I know I want to play with those personalities at least.

My last RP character was a flirtatious dude who had amnesia, and used his charming good looks to get what he wanted...I could do that too! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

--How did you learn about the coalition?

> Google and the ff14 reddit!

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

> Most likely a medium/heavy Rper. I mean I can do light RPing too! I really don't have a big preference, so long as I can dive in and indulge myself with the other people I get to hangout/rp with!

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

> Well I'm a 20 year old art college kid from Massachusetts! I work at walgreens and really, really love cheesecake. One day I'm gonna eat it for the rest of my life
Also this is my favorite emoji: ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
It's just so happy...!

Anyway, thank you for reading, and I hope to talk to you all!

RE: Nice to meet everyone! - Mountie - 06-08-2015

A pleasure to meet you Nile! My apologies on it taking so long to reach this, however on the weekend I was regrettably tied up in a combination of AF Drills, Drunken Cards Against Humanity, and listening to five hours - or at least it felt like it - training about things that should really just be common sense. Enough about my grand life choices though!

The Balmung server is definitely where you'll want to go! Not saying you can't go other places, but I am there and I'll admit I may be a bit biased. While I definitely found more RP here, honestly I would say it is more important to just make friends here and keep a sharp on the Making Connections and Balmung events. I try to attend any that makes sense for my character, and so far the ones I have made have been an absolute delight and even led to developments in Rio's story that I had never even thought of! Highly highly recommend using the resources you have open to you!

Not to discredit the Linkshells however of course, nor the Free Companies. If you didn't find it yet, there is a tab on the top marked LINKSHELLS that will take you to a listing of Linkshells and Free Companies that you can even sort by server.

Sorry to hear about the last RP Partner, but if this game has shown me anything, just don't be afraid to put yourself out there and you'll find folks you click with! I actually lost a very near and dear RP friend a while back IRL, but it wasn't truly a falling out so I can't imagine how going through that was for you... I'm glad to see you springing back though, and armed with that emoji I'm sure you're well on track to make a full recovery!

As for the matter of cliche. I find that a character is not defined by one or two attributes. If you have likes, dislikes, fears, and flaws, you help to mold the uniqueness of your character into a basic model. I play a roaming doctor. Not too terribly amazing of a concept, but from there we're at the spinning wheel, molding the character into something all unto itself. Aim to be dragoon. Check. Smart. Check. Miqo'te. Check. Now is the fun part, where you make someone truly your own. Perhaps he seeks a new solution to fighting Dragons, maybe he wants to go all Train Your Dragon on them, who knows, it is your tale so tell it! And pray do not stop there. Likes Pineapples. Hates Ear Wax. Go nucking futs with it.

So you're the reason there is no cheesecake in the cold aisle of Walgreen's.... you monster.

Well, I'd say I've right about talked your ear off, but welcome to the RPC and I do hope you have a pleasant time settling in. It's going to be quite the ride of your RP Career!

RE: Nice to meet everyone! - rikiyuu - 06-08-2015

(06-08-2015, 09:09 AM)Riordyn Ashentyr Wrote: A pleasure to meet you Nile! My apologies on it taking so long to reach this, however on the weekend I was regrettably tied up in a combination of AF Drills, Drunken Cards Against Humanity, and listening to five hours - or at least it felt like it - training about things that should really just be common sense. Enough about my grand life choices though!

The Balmung server is definitely where you'll want to go! Not saying you can't go other places, but I am there and I'll admit I may be a bit biased. While I definitely found more RP here, honestly I would say it is more important to just make friends here and keep a sharp on the Making Connections and Balmung events. I try to attend any that makes sense for my character, and so far the ones I have made have been an absolute delight and even led to developments in Rio's story that I had never even thought of! Highly highly recommend using the resources you have open to you!

Not to discredit the Linkshells however of course, nor the Free Companies. If you didn't find it yet, there is a tab on the top marked LINKSHELLS that will take you to a listing of Linkshells and Free Companies that you can even sort by server.

Sorry to hear about the last RP Partner, but if this game has shown me anything, just don't be afraid to put yourself out there and you'll find folks you click with! I actually lost a very near and dear RP friend a while back IRL, but it wasn't truly a falling out so I can't imagine how going through that was for you... I'm glad to see you springing back though, and armed with that emoji I'm sure you're well on track to make a full recovery!

As for the matter of cliche. I find that a character is not defined by one or two attributes. If you have likes, dislikes, fears, and flaws, you help to mold the uniqueness of your character into a basic model. I play a roaming doctor. Not too terribly amazing of a concept, but from there we're at the spinning wheel, molding the character into something all unto itself. Aim to be dragoon. Check. Smart. Check. Miqo'te. Check. Now is the fun part, where you make someone truly your own. Perhaps he seeks a new solution to fighting Dragons, maybe he wants to go all Train Your Dragon on them, who knows, it is your tale so tell it! And pray do not stop there. Likes Pineapples. Hates Ear Wax. Go nucking futs with it.

So you're the reason there is no cheesecake in the cold aisle of Walgreen's.... you monster.

Well, I'd say I've right about talked your ear off, but welcome to the RPC and I do hope you have a pleasant time settling in. It's going to be quite the ride of your RP Career!

thank you for the reply!

i will say that trying to get into gilgamesh is like trying to rip a tooth out...I managed to get into gilgamesh and that alone is making me want to celebrate! (maybe its cause im in the east coast...)

but thank you so much for character part!! i always worry I will make a character that is really boring or lame or something, and its always good to hear how other people handle it ;w;

actually my walgreens doesnt sell cheesecake /SOB

but thanks again!! if i get into gilgamesh ill be sure to hit you up \o/

RE: Nice to meet everyone! - xypher - 06-08-2015

Heyya, welcome to the forums! I just recently wriggled in myself, and I actually can identify with like 90% of your post oh gosh--especially your adoration of golden hearted (and maybe whacky) characters!

You should totally hit me up either on here or in-game once you get on Balmung. I'm really excited to meet you and I actually hope we can become good friends!

(P.S: You already have uber brownie points for that emoji. I love it so much.)

Edit: I am also on Gilgamesh. I'm also down for parting with my Skype name. Handles for everyone!

(06-08-2015, 10:58 AM)xypher Wrote: Heyya, welcome to the forums! I just recently wriggled in myself, and I actually can identify with like 90% of your post oh gosh--especially your adoration of golden hearted (and maybe whacky) characters!

You should totally hit me up either on here or in-game once you get on Balmung. I'm really excited to meet you and I actually hope we can become good friends!

IM SO GLAD YOU LIKE THAT EMOJI its my fav. literal fave.......

ill try to get on balmung cause thats were all the cool kids seem to be at ;w; ill have to wake up super early tomorrow or something to try and get in!! like i mentioned in the above post, just getting into gilgamesh was enough to make me happy \o/

(06-08-2015, 11:02 AM)rikiyuu Wrote:
(06-08-2015, 10:58 AM)xypher Wrote: Heyya, welcome to the forums! I just recently wriggled in myself, and I actually can identify with like 90% of your post oh gosh--especially your adoration of golden hearted (and maybe whacky) characters!

ill try to get on balmung cause thats were all the cool kids seem to be at ;w; ill have to wake up super early tomorrow or something to try and get in!! like i mentioned in the above post, just getting into gilgamesh was enough to make me happy \o/
If you have a character that you truly enjoy and have put time into, you can also do a character transfer for $18. They bypass character creation limitations. I actually made a post about getting into Balmung before that you can find [here] that might give you some tips! Best of luck, and we hope to see you there soon!

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ is love, ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ is life

Wherever you go, you should be able to contact me no matter what! Also I may bring presents of cheesecake. I am also a huge fan of cheesecake.

(06-08-2015, 11:06 AM)xypher Wrote:

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ is love, ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ is life

Wherever you go, you should be able to contact me no matter what! Also I may bring presents of cheesecake. I am also a huge fan of cheesecake.

YES i love cheesecake.....my mom once made an oreo cheesecake and oh my god is was so good.....

(06-08-2015, 11:06 AM)Riordyn Ashentyr Wrote:

If you have a character that you truly enjoy and have put time into, you can also do a character transfer for $18. They bypass character creation limitations. I actually made a post about getting into Balmung before that you can find [here] that might give you some tips! Best of luck, and we hope to see you there soon!

i actually just read that and found it good to read!! i might have to do some serious scheduling to do that, but i am getting paid soon.......
thank you for this nonetheless! i appreciate it \o/

(06-08-2015, 11:12 AM)rikiyuu Wrote:
(06-08-2015, 11:06 AM)xypher Wrote: ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ is love, ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ is life

YES i love cheesecake.....my mom once made an oreo cheesecake and oh my god is was so good.....

Oh my gosh I bet!! Oreo is my favourite flavour (outside of strawberry) o/

RE: Nice to meet everyone! - Aris - 06-08-2015

Welcome! Smile

(06-08-2015, 11:15 AM)xypher Wrote:

same.....strawberryies are so good........youre making me want to transfer immediately omg...youre so cool ;w;

(06-08-2015, 11:16 AM)Aris Wrote: Welcome! Smile

thank you! i appreciate it ;w;

(06-08-2015, 11:17 AM)rikiyuu Wrote:

same.....strawberryies are so good........youre making me want to transfer immediately omg...youre so cool ;w;

whispers softly it's okay i can wait 5evr for u

I actually love strawberry anything too! Like oh gosh. I'm a fiend for those things--especially dipped in caramel!! ... Now I want caramel strawberries. And I has no monies yet. ;;

(06-08-2015, 11:23 AM)xypher Wrote:

I actually love strawberry anything too! Like oh gosh. I'm a fiend for those things--especially dipped in caramel!! ... Now I want caramel strawberries. And I has no monies yet. ;;

i love caramel but only in coffee from like dunkin donuts.........never had it on strawberries tho ;w;

RE: Nice to meet everyone! - Adolar - 06-08-2015

Welcome!

Since it seems like you managed to find your way to Gilgamesh, be sure to check our server-specific community site at www.gilgamesh-rp.com. Good place to see where all the RPs are going on in our server and a good way to get to know the rest of the community here.

Anywho, have fun!

(06-08-2015, 11:29 AM)rikiyuu Wrote:
(06-08-2015, 11:23 AM)xypher Wrote:
(06-08-2015, 11:12 AM)rikiyuu Wrote: YES i love cheesecake.....my mom once made an oreo cheesecake and oh my god is was so good.....

i love caramel but only in coffee from like dunkin donuts.........never had it on strawberries tho ;w;
< Looks at the two while carrying a box of cheesecakes, freezes, lowers the box, and runs for the hills >