Hydaelyn Role-Players
Miqo'te in the big city - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Miqo'te in the big city (/showthread.php?tid=11905)

Miqo'te in the big city - Hawkblade - 06-04-2015

Hello everyone!
You can call me Hawkblade, which is the last name of my character on the Balmung server. I do have some experience with Roleplaying, but I'm really out of step with the whole MMORPG roleplaying scene. Most places have been over other text based mediums like message boards and stuff.

So lets go over the basics!

---------

The Character -

Character Name:
R'yamah "Yamah" Hawkblade

Race:
Male Miqo'te - Seeker Of The Sun

Birthdate:
10/23 (23rd sun of the 5th Umbra moon)

Brief Short History:
His mother left her clan, was found by a Highlander Miner out near Ul'dah who took them in. She died due to the illness she had, but Yamah was raised by the old miner who resides on the outskirts of Ul'dah; Thus where he gets his last name. Yamah wants to become a member of the Immortal Flames one day, helps out where he can (Gladiator Arena, Flames barracks, The Mines, etc) and gets some training from a few Gladiators that appreciate what he does; Most of the time he tries to train himself. He wants to one day repay the old Highlander for everything he has done.

-----------------

On Me -

RP History:
Message boards, AIM, Skype, different forms of text based mediums and some D&D awhile back. Been roleplaying awhile, just not for some time on an MMO. So could be a bit out of practice (and shy, very shy).

Time of operation:
I live here in Arizona so I'm -7 GMT. I tend to be free in the morning hours (8:00 -12:00 and sometimes in the late evening (19:00 - whenever I go to bed). Sometimes I could be on all day! I can not list what days though, as my schedule moves around quite a bit. Just catch me when you can catch me!

Spelling & Grammar:
I'm not the best, but I do try. So for those of you who are really critical on this, I may cause you to eye twitch from time to time, but I do try to catch myself. I also try to make sure things do read clearly.

Former MMO History:
I have played recently on WoW, Istaria, EVE, & ESO. I am currently only on Istaria and here, though I am debating on returning back to EVE as well.

Consensual Roleplay:
I believe in Consensual Roleplay. If I believe an action I'm about to do, may be negative to your character or negative greatly to the scene. I will always ask permission of the group by via party or by tell. I do not believe in godmodding or trying to control someone's character without their OK. I do not like people who do this and I know I will not put up with it myself.

Mature Roleplay:
I do not mind Mature roleplay, to a point. I tend to keep things though rather PG-13, with very few curse words (if any at all) and I'm not really into ERP, but I wouldn't be telling the truth if I said I did not partake in it with a friend given that is where RP eventually lead us and I trusted them. Typically however, I would rather fade to black.

Anything else:
I do not belong to any Linkshells or Free Companies. I'd like to join some eventually, just as I'd like to break free of my shyness when it comes to just random socialization. My hope is I can do that here, as I seen a great deal of roleplay happening at the bar/inn which made me really happy to see.

So hopefully I'll get a chance to meet some of you and find a happy place among all of you!

Look forward to seeing you guys in game (and maybe here on the forums too)

Which does bring me to one question of all of you:
How does forum roleplay here impact roleplay on the game?

RE: Miqo'te in the big city - Mountie - 06-05-2015

Well I saw the question so lets kick it off there!

This is actually entirely up to the individuals involved in the RP. There are some individuals who only come back to roleplay, in greater detail, events that have already transpired in-game so that they can keep logs. Similarly, there are others who feel that certain scenes in an existing RP are too delicate in nature to left up to emotes and the limitations of only being able to utilize in-game imagery. Of course there are others who just thoroughly enjoy the nostalgia of writing on forums, or even just the idea of extensively building a saga that will be truly unique with the addition of other's viewpoints.

And with that out of the way, might I say welcome to the RPC! A good way to scout out Linkshells and Free Companies comes in the form of a tab at the top of the website that says LINKSHELLS. It will take you to a large list of LS and FC that can be sorted by server. The moderators track the list rather regularly to ensure that the dead and disbanded FCs are no longer there, so with luck you will find one that appeals to you amongst the available.

For joining the Flames, I might also point you towards the Red Wings, an RP Guild that will truly have the chains undone when their flight squadrons are actually able to take to the skies come Heavensward.

RE: Miqo'te in the big city - Hawkblade - 06-05-2015

(06-05-2015, 09:32 AM)Riordyn Ashentyr Wrote: Well I saw the question so lets kick it off there!

This is actually entirely up to the individuals involved in the RP. There are some individuals who only come back to roleplay, in greater detail, events that have already transpired in-game so that they can keep logs. Similarly, there are others who feel that certain scenes in an existing RP are too delicate in nature to left up to emotes and the limitations of only being able to utilize in-game imagery. Of course there are others who just thoroughly enjoy the nostalgia of writing on forums, or even just the idea of extensively building a saga that will be truly unique with the addition of other's viewpoints.

And with that out of the way, might I say welcome to the RPC! A good way to scout out Linkshells and Free Companies comes in the form of a tab at the top of the website that says LINKSHELLS. It will take you to a large list of LS and FC that can be sorted by server. The moderators track the list rather regularly to ensure that the dead and disbanded FCs are no longer there, so with luck you will find one that appeals to you amongst the available.

For joining the Flames, I might also point you towards the Red Wings, an RP Guild that will truly have the chains undone when their flight squadrons are actually able to take to the skies come Heavensward.

Thanks for the reply!
I'll keep that in mind if I ever decide to go over there for some of my roots RP, given I am really familiar with forum and I do admit, it is probably less intimidating for me (Though I'll need to get over that. I know), but I'm not here just for that after all. Wink

When you suggested The Red Wings, I went ahead and gave them a read over. They seem like a pretty interesting group. I think my only concern I have right now is my time restraints. I'm a touch worried that may interfere with big RP events because of my living schedule and sometimes life interference.

Now I know people typically say "Life comes first", but it does kinda impact how much people do want to interact with you sometimes-- Though that is understandable. So I am wondering how much patience people have here, but I'm also going to guess that is person from person...

Anyways! Thank you again for the response and I'll probably contact the guild leader to see where maybe he stands on it all. Meanwhile, any other suggestions on perhaps a good way to break in a character in this type of environment?

RE: Miqo'te in the big city - Mountie - 06-05-2015

(06-05-2015, 10:41 AM)Hawkblade Wrote:
(06-05-2015, 09:32 AM)Riordyn Ashentyr Wrote: Well I saw the question so lets kick it off there!

Thanks for the reply!
I'll keep that in mind if I ever decide to go over there for some of my roots RP, given I am really familiar with forum and I do admit, it is probably less intimidating for me (Though I'll need to get over that. I know), but I'm not here just for that after all. Wink

When you suggested The Red Wings, I went ahead and gave them a read over. They seem like a pretty interesting group. I think my only concern I have right now is my time restraints. I'm a touch worried that may interfere with big RP events because of my living schedule and sometimes life interference.

Now I know people typically say "Life comes first", but it does kinda impact how much people do want to interact with you sometimes-- Though that is understandable. So I am wondering how much patience people have here, but I'm also going to guess that is person from person...

Anyways! Thank you again for the response and I'll probably contact the guild leader to see where maybe he stands on it all. Meanwhile, any other suggestions on perhaps a good way to break in a character in this type of environment?
I would definitely give the leader a shout out, he does a good job of being extremely approachable and a joy to talk with. Quite open to RP as well, so to kill two birds with one stone I would simply explain via PM that you are new to the site as well as MMORP, but that you had aspirations of your character being in the Immortal Flames and that you were interested in the FC. With a bit of planning, I thought it would be an absolutely grand idea for you to break into RP and the Free Company by RPing as an initiate - that way you are not expected to know much, and the details of your character can easily change as he shifts into the responsibilities of a Flame and goes from a boy to a man. Maturity-wise at any rate.

I was quite shy myself, but you simply allow yourself to get into the mindset of your character "tuning yourself" to their personality and simply becoming the tool that enacts the actions and thoughts that naturally come to you. In no time you will be able to RP comfortably no matter the circumstance, and before you know it you'll be creating your own arcs and drawing others to your plots!

RE: Miqo'te in the big city - Erik Mynhier - 06-05-2015

(06-05-2015, 11:00 AM)Riordyn Ashentyr Wrote:
(06-05-2015, 10:41 AM)Hawkblade Wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

I would definitely give the leader a shout out, he does a good job of being extremely approachable and a joy to talk with. Quite open to RP as well, so to kill two birds with one stone I would simply explain via PM that you are new to the site as well as MMORP, but that you had aspirations of your character being in the Immortal Flames and that you were interested in the FC. With a bit of planning, I thought it would be an absolutely grand idea for you to break into RP and the Free Company by RPing as an initiate - that way you are not expected to know much, and the details of your character can easily change as he shifts into the responsibilities of a Flame and goes from a boy to a man. Maturity-wise at any rate.

I was quite shy myself, but you simply allow yourself to get into the mindset of your character "tuning yourself" to their personality and simply becoming the tool that enacts the actions and thoughts that naturally come to you. In no time you will be able to RP comfortably no matter the circumstance, and before you know it you'll be creating your own arcs and drawing others to your plots!

Still waiting for you to come by too Rio....

Come on by and have a chat Hawk. We have a place for all Flames, and time is no issue as we have members in basically all timezones so there's people around always.

RE: Miqo'te in the big city - Hawkblade - 06-05-2015

Thanks for the tip and yeah, as you can see. I did indeed contact him. XD

As for the FC. I'll look into it a bit more and we can talk some sure. I'll see if I can catch you on game though!