Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Ishgardian Greasemonkey Seeking Connections - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Ishgardian Greasemonkey Seeking Connections (/showthread.php?tid=11852)

Pages: 1 2

Ishgardian Greasemonkey Seeking Connections - Nadine Marteau - 05-31-2015

My new character Nadine Marteau is an Ishgardian smith whose family had a fascination with foreign technology, particularly Garlean magitek. She and her father headed to Eorzea when Garlemald renewed its assault on Eorzea in hopes of seeing such technology up close. Unfortunately, her father got a little too close and met an untimely end.

Nadine now seeks to finish her father's work reverse engineering Garlean weaponry in hopes of developing new weapons to use against the Dravanian hordes. With Ishgard looking into its own manufacturies, she seeks to return home, but not before developing a weapon of use to demonstrate her prowess. To fund all this, she does oddjobs as a smith and adventurer.

Are you a gearhead? A fellow Ishgardian? A Garlean seeking those who have acquired military secrets? A smuggler of magitech? Or do you just need the services of a smith?

Then I would like to RP with you.

RE: Ishgardian Greasemonkey Seeking Connections - Erik Mynhier - 05-31-2015

Cliodhna and Otto come to mind as places to start.

RE: Ishgardian Greasemonkey Seeking Connections - OttoVann - 05-31-2015

Who dares summon me

RE: Ishgardian Greasemonkey Seeking Connections - Cliodhna Eoghan - 05-31-2015

[Image: 78d3c5ce2ebf31d465384d5c19a1b161.gif]
i heard my name o3o

shame about your father too btw, but i love how you describe it as him getting a little too close xD

RE: Ishgardian Greasemonkey Seeking Connections - Chris Ganale - 05-31-2015

I promise I'll find some ways/time to throw Chao at you again. Angry Just she's scheduled to get her ass kicked in by Garleans tomorrow (FEEL FREE TO COME BE A BIG DAMN HERO =DDDD).

RE: Ishgardian Greasemonkey Seeking Connections - Nadine Marteau - 05-31-2015

(05-31-2015, 08:14 PM)OttoVann Wrote: Who dares summon me

I've seen you about too. Maybe I'll say hi next time I stalk my neighbors at Coral.

(05-31-2015, 09:16 PM)Cliodhna Eoghan Wrote: [Image: 78d3c5ce2ebf31d465384d5c19a1b161.gif]
i heard my name o3o

shame about your father too btw, but i love how you describe it as him getting a little too close xD

Yeah, he was literally impaled by a vanguard drill to be specific. I'll be sure to say hi to you as well.

And yeah, I'd love to help with that, Chao.

RE: Ishgardian Greasemonkey Seeking Connections - Cliodhna Eoghan - 05-31-2015

ohh ouch.....i'll try to keep an eye out for you too :3

RE: Ishgardian Greasemonkey Seeking Connections - Mordred Lyloche - 05-31-2015

Well, since she's returning to Ishgard, Varis is often found around the borderlands of Coerthas, doing whatever he can to garner some meager favor among his kin. Your character sounds interesting. I think it'd be fun to do some RP between the two characters.

RE: Ishgardian Greasemonkey Seeking Connections - Mercurias - 06-02-2015

Ooh! Ooh! Soren is an Ishgardian airship pilot gearhead -hobbiest- (he never finished his apprenticeship as an airship engineer before he was conscripted into the Dragonsong War) with a piece of wearable, reverse-engineered magitek Nadine might be interested in! Check, checkity check! Hit me up! I'm on US Central time and always up for roleplay!

RE: Ishgardian Greasemonkey Seeking Connections - Hammersmith - 06-02-2015

Hammer deals in large-scale smithing work. 

Seige weaponry, cannons, black powder, trebuchets, as well as gearworks and the like.  He's got a reputation in the Flames for working with anything that might blow up a wall...or a platoon.  He might be helpful.  Considering that Ishgarde seems to be the Prime place for guns, black powder weaponry, and the mechanical class, Hammer's understanding of gunpowder, lead-throwers, and gears, combined with not being ishgardian even in a good light, might cause her some concern though.

RE: Ishgardian Greasemonkey Seeking Connections - Aya - 06-02-2015

Aya's an Ishgardian - she escaped from the city around the time of 2.0's release.  Her brother is a black smith and mostly a weaponsmith these days within the city. Aya herself is something of a savant with mechanics and gears, but doesn't consider it much of a thing (and the only people who likely know about it are those she's gone to for parts) Smile

I'm not sure if there's anything super obvious to work with there, but there's the possibility for hooks if we wanted to pursue them!

RE: Ishgardian Greasemonkey Seeking Connections - McBeefâ„¢ - 06-02-2015

Evangeline is an Ishgardian scholar and engineer. Feel free to poke me some time!

I tend to deal with more scientific style tech, and if you ever need a bomb made, she's your lady.

RE: Ishgardian Greasemonkey Seeking Connections - Nadine Marteau - 06-09-2015

(06-02-2015, 12:15 PM)Mercurias Wrote: Ooh! Ooh! Soren is an Ishgardian airship pilot gearhead -hobbiest- (he never finished his apprenticeship as an airship engineer before he was conscripted into the Dragonsong War) with a piece of wearable, reverse-engineered magitek Nadine might be interested in! Check, checkity check! Hit me up! I'm on US Central time and always up for roleplay!

That sounds awesome. Look me up in game sometime.

(06-02-2015, 12:49 PM)Hammersmith Wrote: Hammer deals in large-scale smithing work. 

Seige weaponry, cannons, black powder, trebuchets, as well as gearworks and the like.  He's got a reputation in the Flames for working with anything that might blow up a wall...or a platoon.  He might be helpful.  Considering that Ishgarde seems to be the Prime place for guns, black powder weaponry, and the mechanical class, Hammer's understanding of gunpowder, lead-throwers, and gears, combined with not being ishgardian even in a good light, might cause her some concern though.

Sounds like where most of Nadine's interests lie, though she's interested in incorporating magitech where able. So far it's proven too unstable and she's fallen back on more classical powder-based combustion for her inventions. I'm sure we could talk about something.

(06-02-2015, 01:41 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: Evangeline is an Ishgardian scholar and engineer. Feel free to poke me some time!

I tend to deal with more scientific style tech, and if you ever need a bomb made, she's your lady.

No doubt she is. We may have quite a few things to talk about.

Sorry for taking awhile to get back to this thread. Been on XIV holiday for a few days to avoid getting burnt out before the expansion, but I'm easing myself back in now so we may see each other around for sure.

RE: Ishgardian Greasemonkey Seeking Connections - V'aleera - 06-09-2015

Very cool character. V'aleera is an Ishgardian knight whose knowledge about cannons goes as far as "don't stand in front of them". Will keep an eye out.

RE: Ishgardian Greasemonkey Seeking Connections - Mikh'a - 06-09-2015

I wouldn't mind meeting at some point if you don't! ( Especially if you meet Eva since she's stuck with Mikh'a now. ) Mikh'a is a Garlean refugee who does a lot of work with Allagan and Garlean technology though recently ( partially because FINALLY YASSSS ) he's been delving pretty heavily in to Sharlayan tech.

There could be plots and fun.

And military secrets are always a good way to go, given the nature of the business.