Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Gogonji Gambit - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: The Gogonji Gambit (/showthread.php?tid=11729)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

The Gogonji Gambit - Gegenji - 05-22-2015

War is coming.

Driven by grief and a degree of madness, Gogonji Gegenji seeks to avenge the death of his family and homeland by attacking the nation of Garlemald. And, in his blind anger, he seeks to use the Eorzean Alliance itself as a weapon to do so. Even now, the members of his organization - Khamja - move to assault four different points under Garlean control dressed in the colors of the city-states. Seeking to incite them into joining the fray, to force the Eorzean Alliance to defend itself and deal with the threat Gogonji believes Garlemald to be.

However, there is no vengeance to be had. His family yet lives and it's up to his younger brother - Chachanji Gegenji - and his friends to intercept these covert cells and keep them from completing their objectives. And then, to confront Gogonji and put an end to his crazed mission of justice. And it all begins with a map and a young Lalafell's call for assistance.

... What?
This is the capper for a story I've been working on and off on for a few months now. An arc that I'm hoping to have wrapped up before Heavensward drops. Since a lot of Chachan's character, development, and overall "strength" comes from the people who have touched his life during his time in Eorzea, it seemed only right to have them be able to play a part in confronting his older brother. It... also seems a bit more dramatic than just writing something up by myself again with some random NPCs and have it all happen with no actual RP involved.

Okay, so what's going to happen?
The idea is to have two "events" in short succession, possibly even on the same day to really push the hurried nature of the whole thing, that will comprise the whole of the capper. The first is a three-team effort to stop Gogonji's Commanders, who are moving into position to assault three different Castrums in the three different parts of Eorzea. These preventative efforts will be done by running three low-level dungeons, "reskinned" into something more appropriate for the story at hand. Each of which will "end" with an IC fight with one of the three NPCs from Khamja.

A simple breakdown of this first part is as follows:

Commander:  Aerygoeya
Dungeon: Satasha Seagrot (Level 15-18)
Blurb: Deep within this cove at the northern edge of La Noscea, the Sea Wolf Aerygoeya has amassed his Khamjan crew and ships to begin a chain of assaults on the Garlean seaboard. Break through the pirates and marauders and stop Aerygoeya before he launches his fleet!

Commander:  Erwin
Dungeon: Halatali (Level 20-23)
Blurb: On the edges of Gyr Albania is a lone outpost that leads into the lands that once belonged to the Ala Mihgans. This place is under attack by Erwin and his Khamjan forces! Bypass the Garlean defenses and bring down Erwin before the alarm is raised!

Commander:  Pa'Nito
Dungeon: Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak (Level 24-27)
Blurb: Using information obtained by the stealthy Lalafell Annunu, the twice-spurned Seeker is leading his Khamjan unit through an escape passage to being a sneak attack on the Castrum nestled deep in the Twelveswood! Chase after them and stop them before it's too late!

This step looks like it'd require at least a hefty 12 characters to pull this off, and it would be really nice to see that level of turnout of Chachan's friends and allies in order to pull it all off. However, If we can't field enough teams for all three dungeons, then whatever dungeon(s) can't be run will be hand-waved as being handled by adventurers set to task by Momodi, Domans called to task by Chachan's father, or some other method I'll figure out once I have some solid attendance numbers.

If there's a larger turnout? I don't really expect that but, I suppose that multiple groups will run the dungeons simultaneously, and it'll become a kinda-sorta race amongst the teams to reach the last boss "first" in order to fight the actual Commander instead of some leader amongst his units. Again, more will be figured out I know how many folks might be turning up for it.

Either way, once this section is completed, the next step is moving to stop Gogon himself and the unit he's taking to assault Castrum Centri in Mor Dhona. A lot of different ways to approach this were considered, and ultimately I think the smoothest method will be to do another dungeon run. In this case, a team of eight (including Chachan) will be assaulting the Praetorium! Though, instead of moving to stop the Ultima Weapon, the group will instead be moving to keep Gogon from hijacking a Garlean airship to strike into the heart of Garlemald!

Being just an 8-man dungeon, though, some folks will likely be left on the wayside if there are more than eight participants. To counter that, I'd like to either have them do some IC clearing of the enemies at the Castrum Centri proper as dealing with the Khamjan and Garlean forces... or, if the numbers match up enough, either run a second eight-man (through Castrum Meridianum) to disable the Garlean airships before Gogon can get to them, or a to-be-determined four-man dungeon to do the same (Pharos Sirius, maybe?).

How the teams handle wipes and such will be up to them, but the usual method I've seen done is that a wipe means a rather significant injury on one or more of the participants in that group. What that entails, how long it takes to heal, and all of the RP related to that will be open for the participants to handle as they wish!

And how will you be doing all this?
I've made a linkshell that will serve as medium to pass along "DM messages" and serve to collaborate the efforts of the groups. Participants would identify when they reach key points in the dungeons, and will in return receive prompts and messages from either myself or one of the two others helping me run this. This will continue all the way through the final event, so even those that aren't in the "main" assault team on Gogon will be able to see what happens. Along with any spectators who just want to catch the snippets of story that will be happening during the course of it.

What two others, you ask? Well, Howl (Ha'uruh Nunh) and Virara (Caspar) are also going to be helping out and also using this event to do some development in the plots of their own their characters! Specifically, in a couple of the dungeons, there will be "mid-bosses" that will be played by one of these two, for some added depth and potential for RP! And, if any of the other possible participants have an NPC who they think would do well being - even briefly - part of Khamja's effort, I'm all for working with them to add that little extra personal touch!

Okay then, when will all this be going down?
The current plan is to have this happen on May 31st, with the initial gathering of the forces and the dispersal to the dungeons happening sometime in the afternoon. The current start time is 4 PM EST, but I am open to moving this time around a little to allow as many of the participants as possible to attend. The only real stipulation is that I want to have this event done at least a few days before Heavensward drops!

What if my character doesn't know Chachan? Can I still participate?
While priority will be given to Chachan's "close friends" for the final assault, I don't want to turn away folks with an honest interest in trying this out. If you think your character might be approached by Momodi or one of the other participants, then that means you could still help in the stopping of the Commanders, and dealing with the forces in Castrum Centri! I don't want things to get too bloated, though, since this will be my first major RP event in an MMO... and it's a bit of a doozy!

~*~

With that all out of the way, here's the roster! If you're jumping in, please let me know who you'll be coming as and which of the Commanders you'd like to help in taking out! As long as we aren't short people in one dungeon or another, I'll try to honor everyone's preferences.

Phase One
Aerygoeya (Satasha)
1. Cyneler Fenrir - PLD
2. Suiren Waterflower - NIN
3. Jana Ridah - DRG
4. Franz Renatus - SCH

Erwin (Halatali)
1. Warren Castille - PLD
2. Leanne Delphium - BRD
3. Artemis Newton - SCH
4. Jajara Jara - MNK

Pa'Nito (Toto-Rak)
1. Virara Wakuwa - MNK
2. Jancis Milburga - WHM
3. Memeli Meli - SMN?
4. Kage Kiryuu - WAR

Phase Two
Assault Force
1. Chachanji Gegenji - PLD
2. Virara Wakuwa - MNK
3. Annunu Nunu - NIN
4. Warren Castille - PLD
5. Leanne Delphium - BRD
6. Jancis Milburga - WHM
7. Artemis Newton - SCH
8. Memeli Meli - SMN?

Defense Force
1. Cyneler Fenrir - PLD
2. Jana Ridah - SMN
3. Kage Kiryuu - WAR
4. Jajara Jara - MNK
5. Franz Renatus - SCH
6. Suiren Waterflower - NIN

Tentative Participants
1. Ninifae Nira - SCH, Satasha

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions about this event, or have any issues about the time or any other aspect of it! I really hope this turns out to be at least a bit fun for all the folks involved, and I don't flub something royally in the process... Blush

RE: The Gogonji Gambit - Ha'uruh Nunh - 05-22-2015

Looking forward to this.  A shame Howl can't come help out, but that'd be difficult anyway.

A certain pink-haired assassin is sharpening her blades.

RE: The Gogonji Gambit - Warren Castille - 05-22-2015

I'm not missing this.

Edit: I just don't want to do Sastasha.

RE: The Gogonji Gambit - Cliodhna Eoghan - 05-22-2015

limsa social day starts at the same time! o: i'd love to make a later one after that if possible but i don;t know if you count clio and chachan being close enough ic for that.

RE: The Gogonji Gambit - Gegenji - 05-22-2015

(05-22-2015, 01:21 PM)Cliodhna Eoghan Wrote: limsa social day starts at the same time! o: i'd love to make a later one after that if possible but i don;t know if you count clio and chachan being close enough ic for that.

That would be up to Clio to decide, I suppose! Would she be willing to jump to his aid and fight through a dungeon or two?

Also, the time IS flexible, so I could try moving it later if the folks interested want a later start time. I completely missed the Limsa Day on the calendar, so scootching forward an hour or two might be needed.

ALSO also, you've been added to the list, Warren! And slotted to go stop Erwin for right now. Thumbsup

RE: The Gogonji Gambit - cuideag - 05-22-2015

It's looking like this is happening on a day I am free so if you would like a Jajara along to punch things or get punched, I'd love to tag along.

EDIT WAIT I LIED I might have raid things going on but if not...!!!

(05-22-2015, 01:32 PM)cuideag Wrote: It's looking like this is happening on a day I am free so if you would like a Jajara along to punch things or get punched, I'd love to tag along.

EDIT WAIT I LIED I might have raid things going on but if not...!!!

I'll make a Tentative list in the OP and put you in it, then! Smile

RE: The Gogonji Gambit - Cliodhna Eoghan - 05-22-2015

(05-22-2015, 01:27 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(05-22-2015, 01:21 PM)Cliodhna Eoghan Wrote: limsa social day starts at the same time! o: i'd love to make a later one after that if possible but i don;t know if you count clio and chachan being close enough ic for that.

That would be up to Clio to decide, I suppose! Would she be willing to jump to his aid and fight through a dungeon or two?

Also, the time IS flexible, so I could try moving it later if the folks interested want a later start time. I completely missed the Limsa Day on the calendar, so scootching forward an hour or two might be needed.

ALSO also, you've been added to the list, Warren! And slotted to go stop Erwin for right now. Thumbsup

if he asked? most likely cause to her she still sees him as so little and innocent. (not 19 like he says...)

flexable time is good. cause i really wanna hit limsa day x3 gradania day was so fun. soo go ahead and add me wherever you can? since it's ic, it'll have to be a dps class

RE: The Gogonji Gambit - Roen - 05-22-2015

BLARGH.

I have plans on the 31st. Sad

Roen's been such an absent mentor.

RE: The Gogonji Gambit - Kage - 05-22-2015

Kage doesn't even know Chachanji has a brother @_@;

But if he asked, Kage would not say no.

Granted, if some other plot doesn't get in, Kage might not be who Chachanji expects >.>;

RE: The Gogonji Gambit - Jana - 05-22-2015

Jana doesn't know about Gogon yet IC, but as I've said before, they actually want the same thing. I'd be happy to get involved, though it may not necessarily be to Chachanji's benefit!

RE: The Gogonji Gambit - Cynel1 - 05-22-2015

im in You have my Sword.

(05-22-2015, 02:32 PM)Kage Wrote: Kage doesn't even know Chachanji has a brother @_@;

But if he asked, Kage would not say no.

Granted, if some other plot doesn't get in, Kage might not be who Chachanji expects >.>;
(05-22-2015, 02:37 PM)Jana Wrote: Jana doesn't know about Gogon yet IC, but as I've said before, they actually want the same thing. I'd be happy to get involved, though it may not necessarily be to Chachanji's benefit!

Yeah, Chachan's really only talked openly about this brother to a few folks, so don't worry too much about that. Part of the opening RP will likely consist of getting folks up to speed about the situation and what the plan is to deal with it. So, that way folks aren't completely out of the loop. Blush

So, are those tentative yeses or full on "I'll be there"ses? And do you have any any preference for which dungeons you would like to be part of? Having that will help me sort folks - even if it's just something like Warren's "I don't want to do Satasha."

Feelings on time, and what roles you would be able to fill would be helpful, too.  Blush

RE: The Gogonji Gambit - Kage - 05-22-2015

I might have some friends get Kage into a genderbent race change plot so it's a maybe. Depending on if it happens.

Kage can WAR all roles.

Well "WAR". ICly he's just got a big fucking axe. ;3

Good enough for me. Added to the Tentative list. Big Grin

I also added roles onto the roster just for my own peace of mind and to simplify assigning peoples to groups.