Hydaelyn Role-Players
The will to fight...(Closed, OOC welcome) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: The will to fight...(Closed, OOC welcome) (/showthread.php?tid=11693)

The will to fight...(Closed, OOC welcome) - Star Lin - 05-19-2015

Kestlona pull the Chocobo to a stop at Camp Dragonhead, bowing her head as in silent pray.  So much heartache that seem to be hanging about the area.  The dragons have really done a number to the whole place.  Her eyes search the area,finally spotting Alex’s feather head band.  “Al…” she called out, dismounting off of the borrow bird.  She watch Alex trot over to her, movement tired from whatever battle he had been in that day.  “I got the supplies you were asking for,” she said, waiting for several others to come over and unload the cart.

“Lona, you’re a gods sent,” he said, hoping into the cart to start passing down potion, food, clothing, and other supplies.  Alex frown as Kestlona kept her back to him.  She work on a second pouch strap to the chocobo, until the little black chick was free.  “Lona, what’s wrong.”

“I need to speak with you…in private once this is done.”  She turn to look at Alex, hurt showing in her eyes. Something in his stomach tighten at the look she was giving him.

It was several bells later when the pair enter into the small room.  “Let me stoke the fire.”  Alex move over to the fireplace, using the metal rod to shift the logs before adding on more logs.  “You didn’t have any trouble on the way up here?” he asked.  There was no answer from the seawolf.  “Lona, did something…”

“Why did you lie to me, Alex?”

Alex spun around, staring at Kestlona.  “I don’t know…

“Everything you were teaching me…everything was to make me into a spy…”  She was in a fury, he could tell that much.  Probably stewing on it the entire way here.

“You’re not a spy.”

“Try again, Turner.  Because my Captain begs to differ on that statement.”

Alex own temper flare to life.  “You’re not… not in the way that I wanted you to be.”  His fist smashed into the wall,cracks breaking outwards from the site.  “Damn Oschon and his own path.”  He pull his fist back.  “I realize two years ago that Rhalgr and the other gods turn their backs on us.  Ala Mhigo is gone, torn apart from the inside, and kill by Garlean Empire from the outside.”  He turn his back to her.  “I have no will left to keep fighting.”

“I don’t believe you.  The Alex I know,” she said, coming up behind him, “would have killed anyone that claim not to have the will to fight.”

A bitter laugh came from him.  “Two years is long enough to change even the strongest of men.”  He moved over to the fireplace, kneeling down.  “Go back to your home, Kestlona…” he said, ‘and leave those of us with no will to die as we should,’ he added in his thoughts.  He listen to the footsteps move away from the fire, frowning as a chair scrap against stone.  “Kest…” he began, turning to find the seawolf staring at him withdetermination.

“I’m here for the week,” she said.  “If you don’t have to will to fight anymore, then I’ll be your will.”  She lean forward, pointing at herself.  “Teach me your ways, Alex.  Teach me how to be a Monk of Rhalgr, so I can show you that there is a reason to fight.”  Alex open his mouth, probably to protest but she wouldn’t let him try and talk her out of this.  “You have been my teacher in everything else,please be my teacher again.”

Alex stood up, moving away from the fireplace and heading tothe door.  He stop at the door, “There isnothing that I can do to make you head home.”  He listen to the chair scrap again as Kestlona stood up.  “Then for one week, I will be your teacher again.  If you are not able to open the root chakraby then, you will head home and forget about me.”

Kestlona watch him walk out the door, eyes narrowing.  She had a week to open her Chakra, whatever that was, and prove that she could follow in his footsteps.  “I’ll show you, Alex,” she whisper, unnoticed by her there was a flicker about her…almost a red color halo.  “I’ll show you my will to fight is strong.  Even stronger then yours."

RE: The will to fight...(Closed, OOC welcome) - Star Lin - 05-28-2015

That first day with Alex started early, before dawn sun peek over the horizon.  She stood in the doorway, watching the latest batch of adventurers, treasurer hunters, and mercs.  Kestlona took a slip of the coffee and almost chock on her drink.  For a few seconds she thought she had seen the same miqo’te that had been at the auction a few weeks ago.  She cough a couple of times and look again.  The miqo’te was gone and she shook her head.  No, it couldn’t have been the same one.  The miqo’te didn’t look like he would have gotten involved in this war.

“Lass,” Alex call out, weaving his way through the group.  He had one pack on his back and the other he toss to her.  “What are you looking at?”  He turn to the group,heading out toward Ishgard.  “I wouldn’t get too attached to them.  Most won’t live to see the next day.”  He pointed to a female miqo’te, carrying a lance on her back.  “That one…she just might make it out of this war.”  He brought over the chocobos that they would be using.  “We had south,” he said, “and practice near the river.”

She mounted the chocobo, looking back at the group, again thinking that she saw the miqo’te male speaking with the female.  Shaking her head, she follow her teacher out of the south gate of Camp Dragonhead.  It took little time of them to reach the edge of the river, taking the time to avoid the young wolves in the area.  She watch Alex dismount off of the bird and she did the same, sending the pair to settle in the lean of a large rock.  Large blankets were pulled out, place over the chocobos to keep them warm, and a small fire was started up to be used by them later.  “First in the river loses the match?”

“Not this time,” he said.  “I wish to see how much you have learn on your own.”  The both took position across from each other.  “Begin.”

Kest launch herself at him, only to find her teacher no longer there.  She turn in time bring her arms up to block the round house kick, feeling herself slide backwards.  She just had enough time to get her feet under her when his fist connected with her face.  She found herself on the ground, stars flashing across her line of sight. 
Hearing the crunch of snow under boat, she launch her foot out,connecting with Alex stomach.

Alex now found himself flat on his back, sitting up, he watch Kest come to her own feet.  Matching smile tug at each of their lips, before they launch at each other again.  Blow for blow was exchange,the will to try and outdo each other, to bring the other to their knees, was welling up inside of him.  When had he fought just for the joy of fighting?  Two years no it was more than that, since the rest of the order fell.  He was the last only because he ran, seeing no end to the evil of the Mad King.  In that flash of anger at himself, for leaving his fellow monks to die, he back all of it into one single punch, and came to himself at the sound of cracking ribs.  “Twelve, Lona.”  He made his way over to her.  “That’s enough for now.  We need to see to those ribs.”  He froze at the sight before him, red dancing in a halo around her body.

Kestlona clutch her side, pretty sure that if it hadn’t been a glancing blow that she would have a couple of ribs in her lungs, if not her heart right now.  At Alex’s words she growled, “No, I can keep fighting.”  She couldn’t take the time to worry about injuries.  “I’ll show you…that will is just as strong as yours…”  Everything in sight seem to have taken on a red hue and she move to attack him again, something aetheric welling up around the both of them.  The next moment found her on her hands and knees, emptying her stomach of breakfast.  She groan as Alex gentle help her to her feet.  “Who set off the aether bomb?” she asked.

“You did Lass,” he said, grin in pride for a moment.  “Though we’ll have to do something about your aetheric sensitive…or lack thereof.”  He saw her confusion at his words.  “I’ll explain when we get back to Dragonhead.”  He waited until she had mounted before doing so as well.  That was something that was going to keep her from unlocking her chakra but that would wait until they got Lona seen too.

He stood next to the door as the healer saw to Kestlona’s ribs.  “She will be fine, Turner.”  The healer gave him a smile before stand up.  “But I suggest she rest the rest of the evening.”  He nodded to the blond before heading out of the room.

Alex walk over to the bed, sitting down in the chair that the healer had been in.  “Sorry, Lass,”he said, rubbing her hair.  “Lost my temper at myself.”

“This what happen your anger at yourself, don’t want to get on ya bad side,” she said, chuckling and grimaced in pain.  “Remind me not to laugh the rest of tonight.”  She look at him.  “You’re going to tell me what happen?”

“Feel up to some food?” he asked.  At her nod, he smile.  “Be right back.”  He stood up, “Once you get some food into you, I’ll explain what happen down at the river.”  He left her alone, heading for the kitchen to get some food for both of them.  “Thanks,lad,” he said, taking the two plates, he made his way back to his and Kestlona’s room.  He frown as a robe figure stood next to the door, smiling as he open it for him.  “Thanks,” he said, letting his body open the door the rest of the way.

Just as the door was about the close, Alex froze as a voice that he remember from the temple, one that he call brother, hissed, “Traitor…”  He spun around but the robe figure was already lost within the crowd of people.  He turn back around, seeing Kestlona trying to set up in bed.

“Alex,” she said, “you look like you saw a ghost.”

“No,” he said, trying to think of a lie.  About that time the sound of blast could be heard from Ishgard, causing them both to flinch.  “Sorry, just having flash back to the temple.”  He handed her the plate.  “Eat up,” he said.  “We have a lot to talk about.”  The order was dead, he had saw the temple destroy from the ridge where he had hidden.  He must have just been hearing things.

RE: The will to fight...(Closed, OOC welcome) - Star Lin - 06-13-2015

Kestlona groan as she came awake the next morning, body still reacting to what happen the day before. “Alex?” she asked, slowly setting up.

“Right here, Lass,” Alex said, placing a mug down on the table.  “Feel up to breakfast.  Nothing too heavy after what you went through.”

“Yeah,” she said, getting to her feet and coming over to the table.  “What happen to me anyway?”  She pick up the mug, the scent of tea hitting her nose.  Though not a fan of the drink, it did help settle the last bit of nausea in her stomach.  “You said that my body was fighting my will.”

“Basically, it was.” Alex took a sip of his own drink. “Since you’re not sensitive to aether, your body has always reacted badly to it, yes?”

“Yeah,” Kest said, “I don’t have the reaction when someone heals, which is kind of strange when any other form has always made me sick.”

“It’s a heal spell so it also healing your reaction to it also.”  He pick up a piece of toasted bread, “At least that’s the theory that I could think off.”  He takes a bite, swallowing before he continue.  “It won’t be a problem once we get your will stronger than your body.”

“Why do I have the feeling that I’m going to be black and blue by the time we’re done?”

Alex let a smile tug at his lips, looking just slightly younger than his actual age.  “It’ll be nice to have a student again.  Don’t think that we’re friends, Lona that I’ll go easy on you.”  He took another bite.  “But not today.  I need to run some of the supplies that you brought up, to the ridge.”

“Want me to ride with you?” Kest ask.

Alex was about to say no, but his mind drifted back to the encounter last night.  “Yeah, that wil lbe fine.”  He dish out a bit of stew for both of them.  “We won’t be able to go all the way to the ridge, they’ll have someone to meet up to take the supplies on up.  If it doesn’t take too long, we’ll try to get some practice in this evening.”

It didn’t take long to drop the supplies off at the ridge, passing on information to the people that would take the supplies on up to the ridge proper.  “Looks like they got thing in hand,” Kest said.  “Have you thought about what I said on the way up?”

“For now anyway.” Alex directed the pair of chocobos down to the road.  “Once the dragons decide to attack than we’llknow how well they have it in hand.”  He gave a sigh.  “I’m not sure if it’s a good thing, to go back to Ul’dah, even if your Captain is a good man.”  He shake his head  "And there are those that would have me death to make sure the order is completely wiped out.”

“That just it, Alex,” Kest said.  “You’re not the only one.”  Alex turn to look sharply at him.  “Captain said that there are others, monks that were able to escape from the temple. They in hiding, just like you.” She place a hand on his.  “We’re not alone in this, Alex, and I’m sure that one day, we’ll be able to go back to Ala Mihgo.”

“They escape?”  Alex asked.  He bow his head, “There are others?”

“Yes,” Kest said.  “Captain doesn’t know who there are but there are others, like me that’s been keeping them in hiding.”  She gave his hand a squeeze.  “So will you come back to Ul’dah?”

Alex shook his head.  “I am old, Lona,” he said.  He held up his hand before she could protest.  “I’m also not in the right mind set to help.  My will is weak and I don’t know if I can truly get it back.”

“Then I guess we both have some work to do.”  Kest raise her hand, ticking off what needed to be done.  “I need to become stronger in will then my body, you need to regain your will to keep fight, and we need to find a way to contact the others for when we go back to Ala Mihgo.”

“We?”

“Yes, we.”  Kest smiled, “After all, if I’m your student now, that means I’m going to become a monk as well.  So I’m going to be by your side when you and the others go back home.”

Alex could only shake his head, drawing near to Dragonhead.  “Lass, you as stubborn as any monk.”  He directed the birds through the gate.  “Let’s see if we can get that stubbornness in use to your will.”

As the two pass by the latest group of adventures, they didn’t notice the robe figure watching them.  Soon, he would kill the traitor, and the student that he had taken in.