Hydaelyn Role-Players
Preparing for Heavenward - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Preparing for Heavenward (/showthread.php?tid=11658)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Preparing for Heavenward - Yunas13 - 05-17-2015

Hey guys! We are only a month away from the expansion! EEK! So excited! This shall be my first expansion for the FF series and wondered what are my fellow RPers/players doing to get themselves ready.

I've completed the entire storyline but confused on weather I should continue my relic or just focus on raising gil or maybe making an alt to play for the time being?

Some pointers would be awesome and maybe knowing what you all are doing I can plan too!

RE: Preparing for Heavenward - Nataru - 05-18-2015

I'm putting off any msq stuff till like a week out. In the mean time i've been doing the fighting tournaments and collecting gil ^^

RE: Preparing for Heavenward - Zyrusticae - 05-18-2015

I'm already prepared.

Only thing I need to do next is clear Steps of Faith... and that's about it. As soon as the expansion hits, Machinist is getting a go.

RE: Preparing for Heavenward - Kellach Woods - 05-18-2015

I'm technically ready, but I'm getting everything to 50 on Kell, then just chilling on alts most likely.

RE: Preparing for Heavenward - g0ne - 05-18-2015

Well, I need to work on my relic. And then I need to level pugilist enough to get Mantra as a cross class for barding. And level botanist and culinarian. 

Oh, yes! And finish the Coil too.

RE: Preparing for Heavenward - Seye Qhesu - 05-18-2015

Farming.  Finishing up Bri's storylinr. More farming.

RE: Preparing for Heavenward - Kurt S. - 05-18-2015

Getting everyone their aug'd IW weapon. Hoping I can give them i120 armor, get them a full suite of IW accessories. I haven't done this on any of my four HW characters but they're all in varying stages of completion. ;n;

RE: Preparing for Heavenward - Hutarin - 05-18-2015

So much gil hoarding, obtaining better gear, and making a placer for my Au Ra alt. I hope everyone gets what they want done before it launches!

RE: Preparing for Heavenward - Qhora Bajihri - 05-18-2015

I'm playing as if HW isn't coming because tomorrow might never come!

I decided at some point that I wanted every crafting recipe, which means all the Master II books, which means all the Lucis, which means... lots to do, can't get bored there, only about 1/3 the way. I'm also at the Zeta part of my Relic and daily questioning if I should bother continuing this lunacy because I hate this step more than every other one, but I usually do a few dungeons every few days. I've also got a couple dozen fish left to fill out the fish book. I'm also... trying to cap my Poetics every week and dumping the gear into my off-classes so everything will be nice and tidy for levelling them all to 60. With the 900 cap, though, I'm starting to think that's a silly thing and I should focus on the everything else instead.

No way I'll get any/all of this done by launch, but it makes sure I'm always occupied when I'm logged in and not RPing. If I did somehow manage to finish all the things, I'd probably go back to the Sightseeing Log. Haven't touched it since the first 20. Always things to do~

RE: Preparing for Heavenward - CallmeYahweh - 05-18-2015

Stupid hype for Heavensward. Taking the friday of the expansion's early access off, and bookending that with monday, too. May be a bad idea, because there is bound to be all sorts of chaos and bedlam, but that's part of the fun of an expansion to me -- those early few days where the servers are crying and it's eat or be eaten. Want to pick up the new classes and roll with those (like everyone else) for a while. Planning on taking at least DRK to 50, and maybe AST as well, depending on what the next live letter reveals.

For now though, I'm working on melding my animus, and spending time in the gold saucer. I'm sitting on the last couple of storyline quests after Steps of Faith. I'll probably knock those out closer to launch, so everything fits in a little nicer than waiting a couple of months.

I'm not huge on snack foods, so probably won't be messing around with those. Most likely pick up a ton of tea, some nice, expensive coffee, and maybe get a nicer chair.

RE: Preparing for Heavenward - Clover - 05-18-2015

Clover is prepared.

My first Au Ra placeholder is still  leveling to 50, and my second Au Ra placeholder is still lv 1. My plan is to get both ready before Heavensward, which means I have less than a month to do all that. Must work hard!

(In case I can't do it on time... Clover is prepared, at least *laughs*).

RE: Preparing for Heavenward - Steel Wolf - 05-18-2015

Unfortunately, I'l be working at the game's launch and will very likely be too occupied to really dive in to EA. If it weren't for being a quasi-responsible adult, I'd have already prepared some nice finger foods and gotten myself some fresh water to keep me going on a binge.

It's just as well, because no MMO dev house ever learns from their prior launch mistakes, and I expect that Heavensward will illustrate this point as the servers come up with new and spicier ways of frustrating people who will bitch and cry and call it worst launch ever when every MMO launch since time immemorial has been awful....save for a few rare exceptions.

Seriously, everyone making MMOs should read the notes of the Rift ops team and find out how they did it.

As far as pre-prep? All done. I got Steel to i120, gave up entirely on the Zodiac line since the new jobs won't be getting any of those weapons and am just biding my time by random RP'ing or playing other games that were on the back burner.

Oh, and staring at my bank account wondering when or why the pre-order charge hasn't cleared through yet. So that's fun.

EDIT TO ADD: Hey, those of you planning a binge--be healthy and smart about it. Good, fresh food. Fresh water. Get up and move your legs once in a while. Seriously, you guys. Love you too much. <3

RE: Preparing for Heavenward - Melodia - 05-18-2015

Finishing coil (T10 clear last night yay!) and finishing the last three jobs I have not to 50 yet. Oh and that zodiac weapon for dragoon. Sooooo close.

RE: Preparing for Heavenward - Gegenji - 05-18-2015

I've had a little checklist I've been working on of goals to reach by the time Heavensward drops. So far, I've knocked most of them out. The list is, basically, as follows (with completed tasks crossed out):

Finish MSQ with Gogon
Finish Relic with Gogon
Cap All Combat Classes on Gogon
Cap All Crafting Classes on Gogon (Three left; one at 41, two at 35ish)
Cap All Gathering Classes on Gogon?
Obtain solid non-Coil iLevel on SCH for Gogon (i128!)
Finish MSQ with Chachan
Obtain solid non-Coil iLevel on PLD for Chachan (127!)
Level Judge to 50
Finish MSQ with Judge
Ponies?

So yeah. Basically all that's left is trying to cap all the other classes on my "everything" character in prep for the raised cap... and maybe trying to get the elemental ponies? I've never done the EX fights, so I don't expect too much on that front. Really, it's a sort of "if I can get them, cool; if not, meh" sort of last minute addition to the list.

RE: Preparing for Heavenward - Kage - 05-18-2015

Get all DoW to 50
Get all DoM to 50
Get all Crafts to 50
Get all Gatherer to 50
Get all Crafter Supra

Get all Gatherer Supra
Get all DoW to i125
Get all DoM to i125
Get A Lucis
Get the Delivery Moogle hat and Title
Beat FCOB
Farm FCOB (Not happening at this moment)
Raise enough gil to buy a medium for friends if needed. (A medium from someone else)