Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello! (/showthread.php?tid=11611)

Hello! - Magistrea - 05-15-2015

Hello everyone!

I've recently started playing Final Fantasy, and I'm loving every second of it. I have been an ardent fan of the series for years now, and combining it with the MMO genre was perfect for me. 

--MMORPG background
I used to play WoW, and did so for a good few years. Even running a successful, but small RP guild for 3 of them.  Unfortunately the community slowly became less and less appealing, and Blizzard have gone too far with their micro-transactions for my liking (I mean seriously, pay to get to level 90?! Pay to get better gear?!). I have to say I have lurked the forums for a while, and on the whole the RP community seems far better. I've also dabbled in Guild Wars 2, DC Universe Online, and Perfect World. 

--RP experience
I like to think I am an experienced Roleplayer, starting from Dungeons & Dragons. I have RP'd in WoW (Horde 4 life) for a good few years on the Argent Dawn (I think?) server and ran a small but successful RP guild. We hosted a few events and progressed through storylines with our RP characters. We also did dungeons and raids IC for a bit of a change, I personally found it very interesting and a good way of telling a story.  

--Character ideas/info
My main character (who will be fantasia'd come Heavensward) Is Shizuka Starsong, an Au Ra who is currently glamoured as a small Miqo'te woman in order to blend in to Eorzea more. IC'ly she is an Astrologian she learned the profession from her mentor back in her hometown. She came to Eorzea with the Doman refugees, sent by her aging parents. She has found Eorzea to be a hospitable place, though it has taken time for her to adjust. She currently spends her time wandering from city to city, making money by telling townsfolk of their futures. 

Personality wise, she is sensible and often the voice of reason. She is caring towards people of all races, and is quite philanthropic when the need arises. However, she is quite a girly girl and enjoys her comforts and luxuries; when she can have them. Often these traits of her's clash, and she find herself struggling between her moral obligations, and her selfish tendencies. She also has a sweet tooth, and can be quite quiet if she feels uncomfortable. 

--How did you learn about the coalition?
I learnt about the website on Tumblr. 

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
I suppose Medium-heavy. I love getting involved in long storylines, and having the opportunity to develop my character through the events that unfold. I do obviously have other obligations, like college and family. 

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)
I'm currently in college in the UK (post-16 education) doing a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Horse Management. Obviously that, and work keeps me busy. Horses are a full time job on their own. Though I have plenty of time in the evenings, and sometimes during the day. From that you can probably guess that I ride horses too. I also enjoy competing locally, and maybe I can make a name for myself. 

I also enjoy RPGs, and am really looking forward to The Witcher 3. I love reading as well, though sadly that's most textbooks nowadays. Fantasy novels are still my first love in literature, Lord of the Rings and the like. Right now I'm reading 'The Last Wish' by Andrzej Sapkowski, and It's really intriguing finding out all the history of The Witcher series. Debating on going straight into Blood of Elves afterwards, or picking up 'The Sword of Destiny' first. 

I hope to make plenty of friends in-game, and have many fun adventures.

RE: Hello! - Bryn - 05-15-2015

Hello and welcome. Smile

RE: Hello! - Nicholas Graveshire - 05-15-2015

Hello! 

I came from WoW as well and I understand your feelings completely about it. Glad you gave this game a chance! 

I really only have one character to throw at you, and that's Nick. He's a doctor/scholar with a whole bunch of other magic things tied in. Currently, he's glamoured as a miqo'te as well, but more for the turmoil going on in Ul'dah for reasons. Coughhe'sanoutlawcough.

Feel free to PM me here, since I won't be logging into the game for the rest of the night, if you'd like to chat.

RE: Hello! - Nebbs - 05-15-2015

Welcome fellow UKer and AD WoWer, though I left AD when SWC opened.

You should fit in well with the RP here, and if you have run stuff previously extra welcomes Smile

You will want to check out the Linkshell section for themed Linkshells (chat channels) and Free Companies (guilds). 

There is also the [EU Directory] that offers a consolidated look at things EU friendly.

Also hit me up if you  ant a chat or to join my linkshell for RPers.

RE: Hello! - Rosamund - 05-15-2015

Hello there, I was also on Argent Dawn! Nebbs has already mentioned the EU Directory so I'll just say welcome to the RPC and hope you enjoy Balmung. Big Grin

RE: Hello! - Jancis - 05-15-2015

Horde!

I have to say this game with its style and stuff really remind me of the rose-tinted times of WoW; very nice comparison in a few ways so I got attached to this one easily.

Horses? .... P-pony? Pony!

Please to show us picture of horse you work with.Blush

RE: Hello! - Magistrea - 05-15-2015

(05-15-2015, 06:58 AM)Nicholas Graveshire Wrote: Hello! 

I came from WoW as well and I understand your feelings completely about it. Glad you gave this game a chance! 

I really only have one character to throw at you, and that's Nick. He's a doctor/scholar with a whole bunch of other magic things tied in. Currently, he's glamoured as a miqo'te as well, but more for the turmoil going on in Ul'dah for reasons. Coughhe'sanoutlawcough.

Feel free to PM me here, since I won't be logging into the game for the rest of the night, if you'd like to chat.

Yeah, seems like a few of my old guild friends have switched over to FF (albeit on different servers) or are planning to after Heavensward launches. It's interesting how so many people are leaving an established MMO for a relatively new one. Maybe WoW is just past it's prime, so to speak. 

Hmm I wonder what turmoil is going on in Ul'dah now? It seems to be different every time I'm in the Quicksand. 

(05-15-2015, 07:34 AM)Nebbs Wrote: Welcome fellow UKer and AD WoWer, though I left AD when SWC opened.

You should fit in well with the RP here, and if you have run stuff previously extra welcomes Smile

You will want to check out the Linkshell section for themed Linkshells (chat channels) and Free Companies (guilds). 

There is also the [EU Directory] that offers a consolidated look at things EU friendly.

Also hit me up if you  ant a chat or to join my linkshell for RPers.

I was considering setting up my own FC after Heavensward launches, a kind of inn/tavern that caters more to the influx of Domans and Au Ra. A kind of sanctuary for them that has a few home comforts. It's similar to what my guild did in WoW, though it was for mages on there. It was interesting and lead to some intriguing storylines.  

(05-15-2015, 09:40 AM)Jancis Wrote: Horde!

I have to say this game with its style and stuff really remind me of the rose-tinted times of WoW; very nice comparison in a few ways so I got attached to this one easily.

Horses? .... P-pony? Pony!

Please to show us picture of horse you work with.Blush

Horde for life!! [sub](Though I also played alliance and may have a little crush on a couple of Alliance NPCs...)[/sub]

I totally agree, it does seem like those blissful times in WoW. Especially with the RP community. I think it does echo WoW in ways, and like you I found it easy to get attached to. 

Here's a photo of one of my boys Bellamy at the yard, you can't see me though since I'm leading him. He's a share with me and my Mum. I don't have a photo of my girl, but she's a Thoroughbread/Dutch Warmblood cross, dark bay mare called Delphi.I've had these two since they were very young, since they were from my Aunt. My other boy -Cosmo- is an ex-racehorse who was a bit badly treated by his last owners because he wasn't great in races. I'm trying to bring up his trust in people slowly. Delphi and Cosmo stabled at my Aunt's farm, but Bellamy is at a local riding school so I don't see him as often.