Hydaelyn Role-Players
Good morning all. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Good morning all. (/showthread.php?tid=11540)

Good morning all. - Hivernal - 05-10-2015

Hello. Warren Castille recommended I come post here to introduce myself, so here I am.

The thing is, I'm not really a roleplayer as such. However, I am a writer (fanfiction and traditional fantasy) and within the scope of my work, I have to be the characters I write about. This is especially true of Coco, whom I see as an extension of my own personality. Is there a term for that within the community; an RPer but also not?

What interests me is how others spend their time in Eorzea, what they do from day to day, how they handle situations etc., in a roleplaying sense. That kind of immersion is a good environment to learn, to get another perspective other than my own about living on Hydaelyn. I'm also a repository of random lore facts, trivia and tidbits so I can offer that in return!

Currently working on a database of canon Hydaelyn terms, words, objects and so on, if anyone is interested in that. Basically a reference sheet to see whether something exists within lore terms.

So...that's it. Thanks for reading.

RE: Good morning all. - Rosamund - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 06:18 AM)Hivernal Wrote: Is there a term for that within the community; an RPer but also not?

I'm not sure. I'm also a writer and I write stories for my characters in MMOs as well. Sometimes it's just writing up their past to give them more depth in RP and sometimes it's commemorating an RP session I particularly enjoyed. I think you'll find there are quite a lot of writers here though; kind of goes hand in hand as I always saw RP as improvised collaborative writing!

(05-10-2015, 06:18 AM)Hivernal Wrote: Currently working on a database of canon Hydaelyn terms, words, objects and so on, if anyone is interested in that. Basically a reference sheet to see whether something exists within lore terms.

That sounds very helpful! I'd love to see this.

Welcome to the RPC! Big Grin

RE: Good morning all. - Sounsyy - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 06:18 AM)Hivernal Wrote: Currently working on a database of canon Hydaelyn terms, words, objects and so on, if anyone is interested in that. Basically a reference sheet to see whether something exists within lore terms.

Oooh very interested! ^^ Welcome to the RPC fellow loremonger!

RE: Good morning all. - Steel Wolf - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 08:23 AM)Sounsyy Wrote:

Oooh very interested! ^^ Welcome to the RPC fellow loremonger!

I imagine that Sounsyy could use the backup. XD

RE: Good morning all. - Maril - 05-10-2015

That sounds really interesting! Welcome aboard Smile Will look forward to seeing your finished work

RE: Good morning all. - Hivernal - 05-10-2015

Thank you for the welcomes!

Still working on the database, but feel free to check it out. It'll evolve as I get more time to spend updating bits of it (did a load of the food entries earlier today). Is there somewhere specific to post the link? In the meantime I'll just put it here.

> Encyclopaedia of Eorzean Entries.

RE: Good morning all. - Faye - 05-10-2015

Hello there, welcome to the RPC! I'm looking forward to the complete encyclopedia; that would be immensely useful! Big Grin

RE: Good morning all. - Warren Castille - 05-10-2015

Hey, I know this person!

RE: Good morning all. - Sounsyy - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 02:31 PM)Hivernal Wrote: > Encyclopaedia of Eorzean Entries.

This is great! Lemme know if you need help with gathering text as I've got a fair bit saved myself. Item descriptions from the market place, complete fishing guide, text on statues, full sightseeing, etc ^^

RE: Good morning all. - ZacharyVolfire - 05-10-2015

You had me at writer since i work as a doujinshi Script writer for a few publishign circles!
I'd love to read that database too when you finsh it up! OR help out if I can!

RE: Good morning all. - Hivernal - 05-11-2015

Thanks all, and hi Warren!

If you'd like to help, feel free to PM me your emails (think it has to be bound to a Google account?) and I'll add you as an editor. Changed the access level so everyone can comment now too (we'll see how that goes!).

Still in early stages and I'll periodically add to it. Hope it's useful though!