Hydaelyn Role-Players
Solar Chronicles [OOC Welcome] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Solar Chronicles [OOC Welcome] (/showthread.php?tid=11502)

Solar Chronicles [OOC Welcome] - SM Nick - 05-06-2015

Show Content

Eorzea, a land of gods, magic, and wonders. A realm that spans many mulms and has lived through many eras. It has been six years since the Calamity that brought forth the Seventh Umbral Era. Yet the survivors of the Battle of Carteneau returned years later to deliver hope and bring forth a new dawn to Eorzea. These saviors are revered by many as the Warriors of Light. Now, in the Seventh Astral Era, a new story shall forge in the life of a young man, one that may perhaps rival that of the Warriors of Light, one sun...

It is morning outside the bustling city-state of Ul'dah. The scene is at the Gate of Nald in Central Thanalan, as a young boy, a midlander Hyur, wearing a bandana and a cloak can be seen. He appears to hold a greatsword on his back as he looks up to Ul'dah with his fiery orange eyes.

Redhead: "Finally here! Today is the day. Watch me Father, and protect me."

As he said that last part, he tightened his bandana as he goes inside the Gate of Nald to start his new adventures.

Chapter 1
The Warrior of the Sun!
Enter Solis Claritas!

The scene now changes to the Quicksand in the Steps of Nald. There are adventurers and Ul'dahns bustling all over the place, drinking ale, chatting, and having a good old time. The front doors open to reveal the young boy with the bandana as he looks around and spots the front desk, walking around until he gets there.

In the meantime a green-haired bespectacled boy, another midlander, is walking through the streets outside while reading a book, when he bumps into a menacing looking highlander, causing the highlander to look at the boy funny.

Highlander: "Oy kid, watch where ya going."
Green boy: "Oh deepest apologies. I am merely preoccupied by this title here."

The highlander smirks and snickers. Soon he is joined with two other similarity menacing highlanders.

Highlander: "That book there much be precious to ya." He takes the book from the green haired boy forcibly, pushing the boy back a bit.
Green boy: "Hey that belongs to me! Give it back!"

At around this time, the redhead comes out of the Quicksand, having registered himself as an adventurer, when he saw the scuffle nearby.

Highlander: "You shouldn't be reading and walking at the same time. You could BUMP into...the wrong people. Heheheheheh."

The highlander snickers alongside his others as they gang up on the green-haired boy, preparing to beat them up in an alley nearby, when the redhead followed and his voice roared out.

Redhead: "HEY!!! Leave him alone!"

The highlanders turned their attention to the redhead behind them paying no heed to the green haired boy.

Highlander: "Or else what?" He turned his gaze to one of his pals, who nods and goes after the redhead, who simply roundhouses him to the wall, surprising the other 3 Hyurs there. The redhead gives a smirk as he dusts himself off.

Redhead: "Or else THAT happens." He grins as the boss highlander growls.

Highlander: "You brat! Get him!" The other highlander goes and brings out a sword, forcing the redhead to unsheathe his greatsword to defend himself by parrying then knocking out his opponent by hitting him with the blunt side of the sword, sending the highlander's lackey into the wall. The boss highlander falls back a bit, gasping at the midlander redhead.

Highlander: "W-who are ya?!"

The redhead chuckles with a grin, "I'm just a simple warrior of the sun. Call me..." He removes his cloak to reveal a red shirt, blue gaskins, and some moccasins alongside some gloves. "Solis Claritas, the Bright Crimson Sun!" He points at the highlander. "Give that man back his book!"

Highlander: "Not a chance, red! You just earned yourself a ticket to the seven hells!" He draws a great axe and charges at Solis, who merely sidesteps out of the way, causing the Highlander to hit a wall, dropping the book. Solis kicks the book towards the green-haired boy with a smile. The highlander gets up alongside his two friends and they run away from the strong midlander.

Highlanders: "This ain't over! We be back!!"

Solis turns around and helps the green-haired boy up, dusting off his clothes. "I have a feeling they won't cause any more trouble for you."

Green-haired boy: "Unlikely. They seem like they want revenge. He will probably come back with more men to kick your rear. So says my calculations." He blantly adjusts his glasses while holding his book.

Solis: "Ya mean my ass, smartie? Heh my ass won't be kicked anytime soon. I'm Solis, but you can call me Sol for short!"

Green-haired boy: "I suppose it's polite to tell you my name in return then. I'm Maximilian Green, co-owner of the Green Private Library here in Ul'dah."

Solis: "Max-e-mi-la-on???"
Maximilian looks at Solis with a blank expression. Solis sweat drops and chuckles nervously.

Solis: "Heheheh how about I just call you Max for short. Kinda easier to say."

Max sighs as he readjusts his glasses, "If you are not able to pronounce a name such as Maximilian, then you can call me by my short name, Max." Solis shows a bit of annoyance by the implication that Max just called him dumb without saying so. Max looks up to Solis, who is 3 ilms taller than him currently, specifically his bandana, which has an emblem emblazoned on it. "That emblem....didn't you say your surname was Claritas?"

Solis: "Hmm? You mean my last name? Yea it is! Why?"

Max: "Could you perhaps be the child of the Crimson Lion, Flame Captain Solem Claritas?"

Solis, excited: "Yes yes! This bandana used to belong to him, but then he passed it onto me! You know of him?"

Max nods: "He is known for his prowess with a greatsword and belief of an 'inner sun'. Mind if we talk more on the way to my home? It's along the road to the Hall of Flames."

Solis pumps his fists with a grin, "Perfect! Already registered myself as an adventurer, and now I'm going to be a Flame just like my dad!"

Solis and Max continue chatting as they walk pass the Ruby Road Exchange towards Max's home, which is nearby the Hall of Flames. Written on the sign attached to the door, it says "Green".

Max: "This is the place. My humble thanks for helping me there. I'm not that strong physically. Most of my strength is in my intellect. I owe you one."

Solis: "No problem! I'm always happy to help an innocent in need." Solis smiles at Max as he opens his door, smiling at him back.

Max: "You're more than welcome to come here anytime if you want to learn something with my books."

Solis: "Thanks! Wait...so your home is also the library you own???"

Max: "I really don't go out that much. I'm always studying and reading books."

Solis shrugs and looks at the Hall of Flames nearby with a smile. "Well I'm going to sign up as a Flame! See ya!" Solis and Max wave goodbye to each other as Solis goes towards the Hall.

Meanwhile, at an undisclosed location in Thanalan

There is a man of Midlander stature and fancy clothing sitting on a lone chair much like a throne. Walking up to him is a female Keeper of the Moon Miqo'te with auburn hair wearing formal wear, making her look like a secretary of sorts.

Miqo'te: "Ser Regulus, the Highlanders have returned."

Regulus: "Send them in, Tina, my darling."

Tina, the Miqo'te bows her head and opens the nearby door, revealing to be the Highlanders from before. They are pushed inside and immediately bow down to Regulus on his throne.

Regulus: "Rolph Warrior ((the leader)), Rickon Dragoneyes ((the axe wielder)), and Harry Jackal ((the fist-fighter)), I heard from some agents that you morons failed to find the library AGAIN!"

Rolph: "We almost had that Green kid, but some redhead beat our ass!"
Rickon: "It's true, Ignius! He managed to hold his own against my greataxe! We're sorry!"
Harry: "Don't kill us I beg of you!"

Regulus stomps on the three of them, rather comedically, with an angry expression on his face.

Regulus: "YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THREE OF MY TOP HENCHMAN GOT PUMMELED BY A RED-HAIRED NOBODY?!"

Rolph, with tears in his eyes: "W-We do know his name, though!"
Rickon: "Y-Yea! It's...um..."
Harry: "Solis Claritas!!!"
Regulus: "HOW DOES KNOWING A NAME HELP US AT-Hang on a second.....did you say Claritas?"
Harry: "Y-Y-Yes Ser!"

Regulus stops stomping the three and ponders for a second while going back to his throne chair.

Regulus: "Claritas...been years since I heard that name....Makes sense now.
You three have been beaten by the son of the Crimson Lion."

Rolph: "What?! The Crimson Lion, Solem Claritas?!"
Rickon: "The legendary Flame Captain Claritas?!"
Harry: "He has a son?!"

Regulus nods as he sits on his chair extravagantly, "To my knowledge, he retired from the Flames years ago, how many years I do not know, and I know he married an Eorzean Hyur and raised two children: an elder son and a younger daughter. He has disappeared for 5 years now and it appears his son, who goes by the name of Solis, has arrived in Ul'dah to follow in his father's footsteps of being a Flame and an adventurer. We have to keep a close eye on him, and as for finding the Green Library, Tina here has found the location of said library."
Tina: "Word of advice, Ser: We should put up a legal front so people do not raise suspicions at us. It would keep your Garlean identity safe."
Regulus: "Indeed. That would be wise. We have come to Eorzea by orders of His Majesty to eradicate all of Eorzea's literature for the eventual sun that the realm falls to our might. And I know just how to accomplish our goal."

Midday, back at Ul'dah, outside the Hall of Flames

Solis walks outside the Hall holding a badge denoting his newfound rank in the Immortal Flames, "Flame Private Third Class. Ah...I hope you're watching me Dad, wherever you are...I wonder how Max is doing."

Meanwhile at the Green Library, a green-haired Hyur girl who almost looks like a female version of Max is in the kitchen, cooking lunch for Max who is sitting at a nearby table reading a book.

Max: "Alice, is lunch almost ready?"
Alice: "Just a minute!"

Alice, Max's twin sister comes out with some tomato pie and grape juice, "Here ya go, brother!"

As Max eats his pie, he gets a foreboding feeling in the air, that feeling being Regulus and his goons going towards the library, and with Solis around the corner, Max says, "A storm is brewing, and it will be a hard storm."

TO BE CONTINUED