Hydaelyn Role-Players
Mercer Creations - Steam UP! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Mercer Creations - Steam UP! (/showthread.php?tid=11498)

Pages: 1 2

Mercer Creations - Steam UP! - Mercer - 05-06-2015

ART REQUESTS CURRENTLY CLOSED

People of the RP-C lend me your ears! Or... eyes. Eyes work. I'm returning to the XIV roleplay scene for the first time in a long time. To help reconnect to the community I am offering a handful of free character art, ranging from pinup to fully armored profiles. 

There will only be a limited number of posts before I close down the free offer, so I ask that you not only ask for a character, but tell me about them. Tell me their story, what makes them unique. The characters that I find the most intriguing I will make art for, so take your time and bring the best representation of your character you can. I'll do my damnedest to match your enthusiasm.

Even when requests/commissions are closed the thread is always open for comments and critique. They only way anyone improves is with communication.

Sketch:
[Image: R1c2eXR.jpg]

Color Avatar:
[Image: i7gHyrn.jpg]

Color Body:
[Image: GK0bRBy.jpg]

RE: Mercer Creations - Fox - 05-06-2015

I really like the shapes of the armor. I'm not really good at them. :< Non-organic lines hurt me a bit. But you've done very well here even in a sketch!

RE: Mercer Creations - Mercer - 05-13-2015

Quick update, getting some time in to do some work on that previous sketch. 

[Image: i7gHyrn.jpg]

RE: Mercer Creations - Free Art Offer! - Mercer - 05-13-2015

Limited time free art offer! Share your character and get art!

RE: Mercer Creations - Free Art Offer! - Tynos Riller - 05-13-2015

I will try! This is my pasty sappy sod Tynos the Thaumaturge! http://i.imgur.com/JC71UuJ.jpg
Tynos grew up in the caves on the outskirts of the realm, spending his time as a raider and thief for his family. A forced marraige, A discovery of an Allag cache of tech. Changed all of that, Before he knew it he was impaled twice and floating down a river for death in till a small lalafell fished him out and saved him. His studied at the thaumaturgey guild for years after. He is now a bookkeep for a trading company that gets into more trouble then he should. Dont want to spoil too much! since ya know would love to rp with people : 3

RE: Mercer Creations - Free Art Offer! - Nataru - 05-13-2015

Oooh mee! pls!

[Image: Mf8zrQr.png?1]

Nataru is an orphaned seeker that was raised by mountain monks in southern thanalan. Now a days she's a treasure hunter and loves helping people. She's kind,flirty and fun to be around. Think Starlord of the FFXIV universe

(05-13-2015, 09:33 PM)Tynos Riller Wrote: I will try! This is my pasty sappy sod Tynos the Thaumaturge! http://i.imgur.com/JC71UuJ.jpg

Quote:Oooh mee! pls!

Please read the offer guys, I'm asking not only for references but for character stories. Tell me about them, share their stories.

RE: Mercer Creations - Free Art Offer! - cutegirl - 05-13-2015

oh id love something from you! i need to collect some references first, though! i wont be long!

RE: Mercer Creations - Free Art Offer! - Tynos Riller - 05-13-2015

(05-13-2015, 09:35 PM)Oswin Wrote:
(05-13-2015, 09:33 PM)Tynos Riller Wrote: I will try! This is my pasty sappy sod Tynos the Thaumaturge! http://i.imgur.com/JC71UuJ.jpg

Quote:Oooh mee! pls!

Please read the offer guys, I'm asking not only for references but for character stories. Tell me about them, share their stories.
I saw was just throwing a place holder : )

RE: Mercer Creations - Free Art Offer! - Nasha Aqi - 05-13-2015

Oh my! This should be fun! Even if you don't decide to do me, this is still an amazingly kind thing to do for those you do pick!

Here are some References to look at, Front an side views, in her normal relaxing clothing: http://imgur.com/a/rDoWm

As for her story,

Mitsuko wasn't born in Eorzea, nor had she ever truly intended to settle down here, at least as much as she has. Frankly, she doesn't remember the how or why she ended up here, a blessing, given her past, granted by her parents before they gave themselves to save her, and many others.

She came to the lands by way of a sinking ship, torn apart in a storm, washing ashore on driftwood...After some recovery time, and gathering what she could of herself, she set off to become a cook, a medic, anything she could do to help others as she was helped so greatly by a very old man. She may be young, twenty, but she acts as everyone's mother in the company she became a part of, cooking meals, often on request, or after hounding someone to eat that day, stitching minor wounds closed, or just speaking with someone that seems to be down.

She doesn't like to fight, doesn't use magic nearly at all....The best she has are alchemical tools she makes and uses to defend herself, at least until she can run like hell! She also has a love of making juice, and cleaning.

Basically, she is a very, very ordinary person, shoved into the middle of a bunch of crazy people (In so many different flavors), taking care of them all. There is, of course, much much more to her, some found on her Wiki, some to be garnered from RP itself....Though a few hints to it are a mystery of having changed, one day, from a seeker, into a keeper...And a pair of Garlean spies that seemed very interested in acquiring her for some reason....Even hiring slavers to try and do so.

As for a more recent story, very recent. Being one of the thinker types, and needing to get out of the house, Mitsuko offered to help in a search and rescue mission, at least, in the searching part. Things were going well, in fact, she was one of the leading forces of it, thinking of, and finding the clues, and having the knowledge of who to ask, and where to go for more information. Leading them far away from her house, she was recalled when said house came under attack, a coincidental attack by evil forces.

During the attack, though not a combatant, she helped take down a large man-thing that even the security force had difficulty with, with the aid of a friend, she threw down a puddle of sticky goo, and the friend shocked the foe's knees, causing it to flail and lunge and trip, trapping itself into the goo, allowing the actual armed forces to dispatch it. She was lucky to not be hurt this time, and after things had calmed, and she spent a night screaming into her pillow (Seriously, every time she leaves the house on a mission, it gets attacked) She was asked to manage and supervise the reconstruction efforts for the damage.

RE: Mercer Creations - Free Art Offer! - Warren Castille - 05-13-2015

Show Content

Warren Castille: A Free Paladin who picked up the sword and shield to protect the woman he'd eventually marry. He got his start banging out dented shields in the Coliseum's back halls and practiced their swordplay in the off-hours. His priority was always protecting the girl of his dreams, and while he took up the title of Free Paladin when offered to him, he knew that Ul'dah would only ever come second at best.

He strives to be a good man, but Eorzea is a harsh place. He's had to do things he hasn't wanted to in the name of that protection, and he's come to terms with the fact that if it keeps people safe, he's willing to do what he thinks a situation calls for.

Recently, he's ended up running the Grindstone - a fighting tournament situated in Central Thanalan and the foremost rule is that no one kills one another. He considers the establishment a learning environment first and proving ground second. Nowhere else in Eorzea can you learn how to not die without actually risking your life.

...man, I always feel so corny when trying to sum up my character!

RE: Mercer Creations - Free Art Offer! - Alothia - 05-13-2015

http://imgur.com/a/5daS1

So, Alothia has been through a lot.

As a young girl, she was raised by her parents near a hyuran settlement outside of Hyrstmill. While her parents worked hard to support her and her sister, she felt neglected and jaded. She left home at the age of 15 and ran away to Ul'dah, where she got involved in petty crimes. After a few years, she managed to work her way into a position of power in a small syndicate.

Unfortunately, she saw first hand one day what her life of crime had done to people close to her, and she wandered the streets, disillusioned.  Eventually, she made an attempt at revamping her life, and she settled down with a small company.

Up until the Calamity, Alothia's life consisted of working for her company, making it successful, and doing all she could to help those around her. While she always had the best interests of others in mind, she also fell into some relationships that definitely weren't healthy for her own person. At the battle of Cartinau, she was transported off.

When she returned, she found herself to be in a place that didn't remember her. The people she had once loved had either disappeared as well, or had moved on. Over the subsequent time, she found love and lost it, reunited with friends, made plenty of new ones, and has established herself a place in another company built from the foundation of her first. 

I like her. She's my first character ever, and she's not elaborate or fancy, but she's mine. <3

RE: Mercer Creations - Free Art Offer! - Unnamed Mercenary - 05-13-2015

Franz is....probably best described as a freak of nature. Displaced from his home in Garlemald, he seeks nothing more than to return home to his family, having learned just how hard it is to lose exactly that.

He's prideful, cocky, and reckless. After he had sustained enough injuries to be ejected from the Garlean Army when he was younger, he'd temporarily taken over his family's business, waiting for any opportunity to return to the battlefront. Born and raised in Garlemald, he was a product of their ideologies. When such an opportunity arrived, he took it. A lab was looking for volunteers for an experimental product to be used in war.

What he later found out was that the experiment would cost him everything. Deemed a failure, the project was cancelled and all of the volunteers were to be executed to cover up what had been learned. Somehow, Franz had gotten lucky and instead, been left to die in the middle of Thanalan, no memory of who he was or who he had been. only the clothes he wore and a mask to hide his identity.

The experiment had left the Garlean aetherically unstable, causing any number of issues from draining the aether in a given space to releasing it in such a high concentration, it could almost be harnessed like an aether reserve.

He's since stabilized through a number of painful events, having seen the suffering that comes with his actions. Taking the name Franz, the man has tried to recover what parts of his life are left, living in what he had formerly deemed an uncivilized and confused nation.

[Image: SubzGeL.jpg]

Alright, wow! I wasn't expecting this man entries so quickly. I'm going to go ahead and close the requests until I can read through everyone's stories and get some art posted. Please look forward to it!

RE: Mercer Creations - Free Art Offer! - Aya - 05-13-2015

[Oh! Sorry, I had opened the reply page earlier this evening and just now got the chance to sit down and write it up. Please feel free to ignore my submission!]

What a terrific idea! ^_^

Aya is an Ala Mhigan born Ishgardian - her father having abandoned everything of importance of him in order to save his children, leading his family into a refugee existence for several years.  At last they accepted what he had tried to avoid, and lead the family to Ishgard to settle with distant (long scorned) family.

There she joined her "uncle" and his family, and she and her brothers tried to adapt to the reality of life in the soon-to-be tower city, its strange zealotry, and the challenges of living in an inn and tavern depths of the foundation.  Family tensions abounded: parents refusing to surrender their old ways, their old privileges and old ways, becoming little more than parasites on the hard-working uncle.  Her eldest brother much the same, dreaming of fighting in the cause of the Ala Mhigan resistance. The middle child, Osvald, shocking the family by striking off on his own to become a blacksmith (a craft well below the standards of the family).

And Aya, the pretty dancer with the charming smile.  She pursued her dream of dancing, and performance, only to face the harshest of condemnation from her family at home.  Soiled the family name, besmirched their honor, "No daughter of mine..."

Feeling nowhere safe, and the danger of being a sometimes salacious and always irreverent performer trying to stay just below the notice of the Inquisition Censors, she at last felt compelled to make the fateful decision to escape the city and strike off on her own in the hope of living a free life to call her own.

A year in the shroud as a barmaid and a sell-sword, ended when the pay from her company stopped arriving and debts built to the point they forced her to flee.  She arrived in Ul'dah nearly friendless and penniless, using little more than her friendly smile to win a job as a barmaid from Momodi.

There she remains still, relying on her good looks, charming manner, and overlooked canniness to make her way in life in the dangerous alleys of Ul'dah.  Dealing daily with such threats as leering patrons!  Wandering fingers!  Black marketeers, and corrupt Brass Blades.  She does her best to help her friends, and keep herself safe while quietly pursuing the good life and time to devote her pursuit of passions.  She tips her hand from time to time to do what she feels she must, but most of the time she keeps her more enigmatic nature hidden in the shadows true to her epithetic avatar: the fox.