Hydaelyn Role-Players
New beauty of SE's DX12 demo - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: New beauty of SE's DX12 demo (/showthread.php?tid=11419)

New beauty of SE's DX12 demo - Reiner Dorn - 05-01-2015

[youtube]rpDdOIZy-4k[/youtube]

RE: New beauty of SE's DX12 demo - K'nahli - 05-01-2015

That is incredible.

RE: New beauty of SE's DX12 demo - Harmonixer - 05-01-2015

I don't have a gif for flipping a table and demanding that things be brought to me, but that should sum up my feelings nicely.

I'm excited for stuff like this. It's sometimes a dangerous road to walk, with the uncanny valley thing. But I think SE can handle themselves well in this regard. Long gone are the days of their failed movie project. But no one can fault them for even attempting it in the first place.

RE: New beauty of SE's DX12 demo - Reiner Dorn - 05-01-2015

My mother about ten years ago went back to school for her second masters, this one in business and arts management. She spent weeks on end actually arguing with the other people her age in the class that video games, from music to visuals to writing. That they have become such beautiful art. She fought hard to prove it, this is great proof.

RE: New beauty of SE's DX12 demo - Aya - 05-01-2015

Wow.. uncanny valley here we come in games.

RE: New beauty of SE's DX12 demo - Clover - 05-01-2015

Impressive, indeed. Not like I'm complaining about the current games, though.

RE: New beauty of SE's DX12 demo - Melkire - 05-01-2015

[Moderator Hardhat]

Moving this thread to Off-Topic. We might need to revamp the description for the Artisan House board, which is meant more for community artists looking to show off or share their work. Vids like these would find their way into either FFXIV discussion, if XIV-related, or Off-Topic.

I'll leave a forum redirect up for a couple days, just in case. If you feel the move was in error, please PM me.

[/Moderator Hardhat]

RE: New beauty of SE's DX12 demo - Reiner Dorn - 05-04-2015

(05-01-2015, 02:49 PM)Melkire Wrote: [Moderator Hardhat]

Moving this thread to Off-Topic. We might need to revamp the description for the Artisan House board, which is meant more for community artists looking to show off or share their work. Vids like these would find their way into either FFXIV discussion, if XIV-related, or Off-Topic.

I'll leave a forum redirect up for a couple days, just in case. If you feel the move was in error, please PM me.

[/Moderator Hardhat]
Thank you sir, when I posted it I was quite torn where to put it as well.

RE: New beauty of SE's DX12 demo - Cato - 05-05-2015

Flashy graphics are all well and good but unless there's a great story and plenty of character development I'll lose interest pretty fast. It's definitely possible to strike a great balance as games like The Last of Us have proven. I'm hoping that The Witcher 3 will also reinforce that fact.

RE: New beauty of SE's DX12 demo - Steel Wolf - 05-05-2015

(05-05-2015, 01:30 AM)Graeham Ridgefield Wrote: Flashy graphics are all well and good but unless there's a great story and plenty of character development I'll lose interest pretty fast. It's definitely possible to strike a great balance as games like The Last of Us have proven. I'm hoping that The Witcher 3 will also reinforce that fact.

For further proof of how this works, please see EVERY MOVIE SQUARE RELEASED.

Honestly, they're good at small vignettes or multi-hour videogame stories, but make them tell a story for an hour and a half and suddenly they derp it all up.