Hydaelyn Role-Players
Finally, it's introduction time! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Finally, it's introduction time! (/showthread.php?tid=11417)

Finally, it's introduction time! - kudgoesnyan - 05-01-2015

Hello!

I've been lurking around here for quite some time now, never knowing when was the right time to introduce myself... well, that's all changed!

I found out about this place by searching for FFXIV roleplay, since I don't know many people on the servers I am on that roleplay and well ended up here. I'm thinking about making an alt on Balmung or Gilgamesh in the future but I'm waiting till nearer 3.0 so I can plan it all out.

Roleplay Experience:

Been roleplaying on and off for several years now. I started with just me and my small group of friends planning a D&D session to roleplaying online through Yahoo Groups (known as Yahoo Clubs back when I started) and various other places.

MMO Experience:

Been playing MMOs since I got introduced to them in high school and college. I've tried various different trials though I've kind of fallen behind on trying new MMOs since I've been playing my current ones so much.

I try to keep up-to-date as much as I can though, since I'm always willing to try new things Smile.

RE: Finally, it's introduction time! - Nebbs - 05-01-2015

Welcome..

I would definitely make an alt and try the RP (I'm on Balmung), you don't need any level or gear to do that.  It really is an active community and I am sure many will have a very similar backstory to you.

Let us know here if you do get on and we can offer to help and RP Wink

RE: Finally, it's introduction time! - Rosamund - 05-01-2015

Hello and welcome! I see you're in the UK so you might want to check out the European Directory for Balmung. We have a thriving EU community here (plus all the NA players to keep us night owls busy!) so I'd definitely recommend making an alt and see how you get on, like Nebbs said. Smile

RE: Finally, it's introduction time! - Unnamed Mercenary - 05-01-2015

Welcome to the RPC!

I'd definitely recommend trying to get a couple alts made.

You'll probably find that Balmung is closed a LOT of the time. Usually, early morning American times are the best chances getting in. (Or just shortly before/after maitenance)

RE: Finally, it's introduction time! - Aris - 05-01-2015

Welcome! Smile

RE: Finally, it's introduction time! - K'nahli - 05-01-2015

(05-01-2015, 09:10 AM)Nebbs Wrote: Welcome..

That sounds so ominous...   *paranoid*

But yes! Welcome to the forum and the community, Kudgo ^^

As has been mentioned, making a character on Balmung would typically be considered raid content in itself, so you should be prepared for the possibility of going with Gilgamesh should you not be able to get online during the key times that Balmung usually opens. If it is your preference however, then I wish you luck with it. Having said that, some days it can be incredibly forgiving so it's definitely not impossible!

In any case, welcome once more and should you have any questions then feel free to ask here or make a topic about it.

RE: Finally, it's introduction time! - Jancis - 05-01-2015

Yahoo Clubs! Laugh 

I started there role playing characters based off the world of Pern. Good times...

I think it's great to not know every MMO, get some better experience with investment. In truth I'm awful with alts so definitely good luck to you in that endeavor. It's only a little over a month for the expansion and considering what Franz said about getting on both of those realms it might be worth using the fantasia and maybe even a namechange cost to get a character started and maybe even leveled up a little to be prepared for what you want to do.

Some nice people who manage to notice will post here when Balmung actually is open, otherwise the thread doesn't get replies. http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=8957

Welcome Geek

RE: Finally, it's introduction time! - kudgoesnyan - 05-01-2015

Thank you for all the welcomes Big Grin!

I don't have a preference, but I am already prepared for how hard it will be to get into Balmung. I'll keep thinking about it and maybe do it sooner than 3.0, just want to make sure I have the expansion bought first (waiting on PSN pre-orders).

(05-01-2015, 11:45 AM)Jancis Wrote: Yahoo Clubs! Laugh 

I started there role playing characters based off the world of Pern. Good times...

Oh, a Pern fan Big Grin! I remember seeing a yahoo club with pern RP.

RE: Finally, it's introduction time! - Edgar - 05-01-2015

[youtube]Ix7vrluEm4E[/youtube]