Hydaelyn Role-Players
Newbie here; been lurking a bit - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Newbie here; been lurking a bit (/showthread.php?tid=11398)

Newbie here; been lurking a bit - Raine - 04-30-2015

I've only been lurking here for a few days, but I decided to join because the community seems really nice! I'm not a very good (or active) roleplayer as I'm on Faerie and mainly roleplay with my ex (I actually need to resub) but we have no eal plot or story going on as of yet. We'll begin that after Heavensward.

My main is Raine Kireina, Seeker of the Sun Miqo'te.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/7177843/

I plan to change her into a Raen Au Ra through Fantasia when Heavensward comes out - along with a possible name change. Now as for whether she was always an Au Ra or not, I'm not sure of (I'll discuss that in the RP discussion board). I hope to speak with you all soon and often!

RE: Newbie here; been lurking a bit - Reiner Dorn - 04-30-2015

(04-30-2015, 03:06 PM)Raine Wrote: I've only been lurking here for a few days, but I decided to join because the community seems really nice! I'm not a very good (or active) roleplayer as I'm on Faerie and mainly roleplay with my ex (I actually need to resub) but we have no eal plot or story going on as of yet. We'll begin that after Heavensward.

My main is Raine Kireina, Seeker of the Sun Miqo'te.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/7177843/

I plan to change her into a Raen Au Ra through Fantasia when Heavensward comes out - along with a possible name change. Now as for whether she was always an Au Ra or not, I'm not sure of (I'll discuss that in the RP discussion board). I hope to speak with you all soon and often!
Welcome then Lurker!

RE: Newbie here; been lurking a bit - Kaniko Niko - 04-30-2015

Welcome to the RPC!

(04-30-2015, 03:06 PM)Raine Wrote: I'm not a very good (or active) roleplayer

I believe we're getting off on the wrong foot here. Neither of those really have any bearing on, well... anything. Pull up a chair. Stay a while.

RE: Newbie here; been lurking a bit - Raine - 04-30-2015

@Reiner Thank you!

@Datenshi Thank you as well! I've roleplayed some in the past, but that was maybe 6-7 years ago. It's just that any time I have tried to roleplay recently, I've been bombarded with walls upon walls of text x.x I even tell them to go easy on me, but man...*shudders* Glad to hear it doesn't seem that way here.

(Also, I don't know how to get rid of that quote box. NVM, didn't realize it'd get rid of it itself)

RE: Newbie here; been lurking a bit - Taki'a_Venn - 04-30-2015

(04-30-2015, 03:20 PM)Raine Wrote: @Reiner Thank you!

@Datenshi Thank you as well! I've roleplayed some in the past, but that was maybe 6-7 years ago. It's just that any time I have tried to roleplay recently, I've been bombarded with walls upon walls of text x.x I even tell them to go easy on me, but man...*shudders* Glad to hear it doesn't seem that way here.

(Also, I don't know how to get rid of that quote box. NVM, didn't realize it'd get rid of it itself)
Hey feel free to look me up and/or friend me if you see me on. Always looking for chances to RP away from big spammy crowds Smile

If I ever see ya when I resub, I'll mssage ya!

RE: Newbie here; been lurking a bit - Blythe - 04-30-2015

Hello There! And welcome to the RPx.

I'm rather new myself but everyone here has been very friendly. C:

RE: Newbie here; been lurking a bit - Cest - 04-30-2015

Pleasure to have you with us!

RE: Newbie here; been lurking a bit - Kaniko Niko - 04-30-2015

(04-30-2015, 03:20 PM)Raine Wrote: @Datenshi Thank you as well! I've roleplayed some in the past, but that was maybe 6-7 years ago. It's just that any time I have tried to roleplay recently, I've been bombarded with walls upon walls of text x.x I even tell them to go easy on me, but man...*shudders* Glad to hear it doesn't seem that way here.

Actually, it can get like that here, but not through any fault but the medium through which we choose to RP. To help your eyes when it comes to crowded areas, I recommend turning time stamps on your chat log and reducing the font size down to something low, but still easily readable. While the game itself is fine as is, it never, ever hurts to customize. Fiddle around.

(04-30-2015, 05:24 PM)Datenshi Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 03:20 PM)Raine Wrote: @Datenshi Thank you as well! I've roleplayed some in the past, but that was maybe 6-7 years ago. It's just that any time I have tried to roleplay recently, I've been bombarded with walls upon walls of text x.x I even tell them to go easy on me, but man...*shudders* Glad to hear it doesn't seem that way here.

Actually, it can get like that here, but not through any fault but the medium through which we choose to RP. To help your eyes when it comes to crowded areas, I recommend turning time stamps on your chat log and reducing the font size down to something low, but still easily readable. While the game itself is fine as is, it never, ever hurts to customize. Fiddle around.
Hmm, alrght. Thank you for the tips!

@Blythe and Barnabaix Thank ya both!

RE: Newbie here; been lurking a bit - X'nath - 04-30-2015

Waves from over here

I'm formerly from Faerie, that's where I started when ARR released and what not. Welcome to the place of RP and fun times. I'm new here as well, and needing to actually learn how to understand the game again too. 

So hi!