Hydaelyn Role-Players
There goes the neighborhood. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: There goes the neighborhood. (/showthread.php?tid=11353)

There goes the neighborhood. - cherrybomb - 04-28-2015

Hi! Figured I should introduce myself. I've been poking around the forums the past week or so, and you all seem like a nice bunch. I play on Balmung as Grinning Jackal, and I'm sorry to say that I'm a newbie in every sense of the word; new to the game, new to MMOs, and new to RP. I've only just started playing FFXIV this month, actually. You may have seen me wandering around, looking tall and mildly highly confused, as is my wont.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

Uh, I don't know, exactly. Is "all of the above" a valid answer? It's the idea of cooperative, collaborative writing that drew me to RP, so the idea of character development and long term storylines really appeals to me, but I wouldn't turn my nose up at light social stuff, either.

--Character ideas/info

Well... right now I play a big fancy Roe bard lady, but as cool as dapper muscle-ladies are I've kind of had my heart set on the Au Ra since I first started, so she's probably going to be drinking a fantasia and eating a name change in the near future.

--Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

Hmm. I'm a dumb dweeb from New Orleans, currently attending school out-of-state - I aim to go into counseling/mental health-related social work once I'm done with school, and I can be kinda hyper-intense about mental and physical wellness as a result. I'm pretty much incapable of even basic navigation without the help of GPS, and I get into vocal arguments with my phone on a fairly regular basis. The word "duty" makes me laugh when it's spoken out loud, because I am an idiot. I'm 5' tall, and dumb short jokes are the fastest way to make me go >:C.

RE: There goes the neighborhood. - Seriphyn - 04-28-2015

Welcome! FFXIV is fantastic, came from EVE back in Sept 2013 and never looked back. Plentiful RP and the storyline to the game itself is great (you've got a good amount of story to get through, which only improves as it goes on!)

RE: There goes the neighborhood. - Rosamund - 04-28-2015

(04-28-2015, 03:35 AM)cherrybomb Wrote: I play on Balmung as Grinning Jackal, and I'm sorry to say that I'm a newbie in every sense of the word; new to the game, new to MMOs, and new to RP. I've only just started playing FFXIV this month, actually. You may have seen me wandering around, looking tall and mildly highly confused, as is my wont.

I have seen you, and you stood out because I love your name! Don't worry about being new and don't be afraid to ask questions either. Welcome to Balmung! Big Grin

RE: There goes the neighborhood. - Martiallais - 04-28-2015

Welcome to the madhouse that is both the RPC and FFXIV in general! Big Grin

And as you may have seen, you definitely won't be the only one downing a fantasia in the near future around here. That said, if you have questions, feel free to ask. The folks here are friendly and as long as you don't feed them after midnight they won't bite!

RE: There goes the neighborhood. - Cliodhna Eoghan - 04-28-2015

you get lost a lot too??? totes come find me and we'll get lost together! Big Grin ...for reals tho, if you see me run by in game; don't be afraid to say hi! >u< hope to meet you soon.

RE: There goes the neighborhood. - Warren Castille - 04-28-2015

Welcome! I'm sure all of us are eagerly awaiting to see what heights you may reach with your time in Eorzea. May it not be short!

RE: There goes the neighborhood. - Roen - 04-28-2015

Aww. Warren beat me to the soundtrack.

Welcome to Balmung!

RE: There goes the neighborhood. - Unnamed Mercenary - 04-28-2015

Hiya! Welcome to the RPC!

Not sure how much of the game you've seen so far, but here's a few things to help get you started in RPing. Smile

Available at mostly EST-ish evenings, feel free to poke me to help run content or chat OOC anytime! I like meeting people!

Show Content