Hydaelyn Role-Players
New lore dug up from the XIV .DATs. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: New lore dug up from the XIV .DATs. (/showthread.php?tid=11347)

Pages: 1 2

RE: New lore dug up from the XIV .DATs. - TheLastCandle - 04-28-2015

(04-28-2015, 03:06 AM)Jana Wrote:
(04-28-2015, 01:51 AM)theincubuslord Wrote: Well, the main tongue of the game is written in English (or Japanese if in Japan). Doesn't mean that their language is actually English or Japanese. It's just the "Common" tongue. That they use other real-life languages as flavour, e.g. Spanish, doesn't mean that in the world of FFXIV that it is actually Spanish.

It's worth noting that the only Spanish in the game comes in reference to Cactuars/Sabotenders, like the names of the Sabotender boss and adds in Qarn HM. How Eorzeans know those Spanish words to name them (and El Coloso, the giant Sabotender statue) remains to be seen. I can't help but hope there's a village of little Spanish-speaking cactus people somewhere...

Well, but then there's Costa del Sol. Who knows?!

RE: New lore dug up from the XIV .DATs. - Aaron - 04-28-2015

They should have put Goobue and Morbols aren't animals but in fact carnivorous plants. 

#credits draco

RE: New lore dug up from the XIV .DATs. - Ryanti - 04-28-2015

Miqo'te originally migrated from Meracyida...? That has the potential to foresee major implications for the future.

Show Content

Amazing confirmation there, and that's a lot for me to think about.

RE: New lore dug up from the XIV .DATs. - Desu Nee - 04-28-2015

Well this was a pretty amazing load. I'll be sure to take a lot of those things in consideration. Thanks for the post!

EDIT: I haven't explained it very well. I can't say I'm extremely deep in the lore, since I'm quite new still. I've always loved the details SE gives to flesh the world, and these tidbits, a lot were new to me, and obviously the Miq'ote one is unprecedent, and very fun. I do wonder if we're going to see the new continents in the future. As of now, I'm just really interested in these informations, and what more lies on Heavensward.

RE: New lore dug up from the XIV .DATs. - Ashren Dotharl - 04-29-2015

(04-28-2015, 03:27 PM)Aaron Wrote: They should have put Goobue and Morbols aren't animals but in fact carnivorous plants. 

#credits draco

Goobbue are not actually themselves plants, the game makes a note of saying it's unclear what they are but basically describes them as Bulbasaur. They are only classified as Seedkin because of the plantlife growing on them.

Quote:The nature of the Goobbue is surrounded in mystery, but two things are known for sure: they have a huge lung capacity and an even bigger temper! Goobbue live within the inner regions of La Noscea, coexisting with the plant life on their head, even making sure to feed it and give it water. In return, the plants serve as camouflage, or even a quick meal in a pinch. On average, Goobbue stand at about 20 fulms, or 6 meters tall.