Hydaelyn Role-Players
Au Ra Character Creation Screens discussion! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Au Ra Character Creation Screens discussion! (/showthread.php?tid=11291)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Meena - 04-26-2015

(04-26-2015, 12:54 AM)Evanyell Wrote:
(04-26-2015, 12:49 AM)Meena Wrote: ....am I the only one disturbed that the MAX HEIGHT for females is only 5'2? Like.. 5'2? Thats the average height for a 14 year old in my country.

Why ya'll gotta be short shaming, eh?
I'm not against short people. They make great arm-rests.

(04-26-2015, 12:55 AM)Graeham Ridgefield Wrote:
(04-26-2015, 12:49 AM)Meena Wrote: ....am I the only one disturbed that the MAX HEIGHT for females is only 5'2? Like.. 5'2? Thats the average height for a 14 year old in my country.

You're not the only one. Though it seems this is what the masses want - creepily short females paired with much bigger guys who look like they'll snap their women in two. Rolleyes

Not that there's anything wrong with that, it just isn't to my personal tastes.
Yeah, I'm here. I think it just is a little strange.

(04-26-2015, 12:58 AM)allgivenover Wrote:

I guess being as tall as the average 14 year old in someone's country is pedophilia now. Better update all the RP police rules quick.
xD Nono, its not about pedophilia. its just a little surprising. The Devs said there were going to be options to make them look more ... scary? i forget the exact quote. But I assumed, or thought it'd be from 4'9ish to 5'5 at least.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Cailean Lockwood - 04-26-2015

I can't freaking wait until this expansion launches! The male Au Ra looks AMAZING! I've been on hiatus from the game for a while now, but always planned on returning as soon the Au Ra were available. Can't wait. ^^

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Aaron - 04-26-2015

(04-25-2015, 08:13 PM)allgivenover Wrote: [Image: 2d9ac30c.jpg]

Check out this edgelord dream boat.

We got an Au Ra version of Weiss.

Id rp it. Totally.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Wymsical - 04-26-2015

I like short and contrast a lot. I'm a little peeved by implications of some moral infringement for playing short characters. Miqo'te females are short. Midlander females are short. Just because the males aren't also short doesn't necessarily make it 'disturbing.' Also, I've noticed a lot of RPers set themselves to shortest and tallest already. People like extremes, it's just a personal preference.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - myahele - 04-26-2015

[Image: a1bae265.jpg]

The males have surprisingly narrow waists

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - TheRealFugazi - 04-26-2015

(04-26-2015, 01:01 AM)Meena Wrote:

You're not the only one. Though it seems this is what the masses want - creepily short females paired with much bigger guys who look like they'll snap their women in two. Rolleyes

I guess being as tall as the average 14 year old in someone's country is pedophilia now. Better update all the RP police rules quick.
xD Nono, its not about pedophilia. its just a little surprising. The Devs said there were going to be options to make them look more ... scary? i forget the exact quote. But I assumed, or thought it'd be from 4'9ish to 5'5 at least.

As one who is height challenged, I find this whole post offensive. : /

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - ArmachiA - 04-26-2015

Males got dem thunder thighs.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Meena - 04-26-2015

._. I'm not personally trying to insult someone. I'm just going to say that now. I'm not riding around the neighbourhood screaming out my window that being short is bad- I'm just kinda disappointed that the maximum height is 5'2, and disallows variance between characters.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - TheRealFugazi - 04-26-2015

(04-26-2015, 01:11 AM)Meena Wrote: ._. I'm not personally trying to insult someone. I'm just going to say that now. I'm not riding around the neighbourhood screaming out my window that being short is bad- I'm just kinda disappointed that the maximum height is 5'2, and disallows variance between characters.

It's too late for that; the damage has been done. I don't need your pity. Shame on you for short shaming.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - allgivenover - 04-26-2015

I think it was the word "disturbing" that got to people.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - myahele - 04-26-2015

So the females have scales on their feet:
[Image: 39dba8af-s.jpg]

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Wymsical - 04-26-2015

(04-26-2015, 01:11 AM)Meena Wrote: ._. I'm not personally trying to insult someone. I'm just going to say that now. I'm not riding around the neighbourhood screaming out my window that being short is bad- I'm just kinda disappointed that the maximum height is 5'2, and disallows variance between characters.

Okay, that's fine! The wording of your first post just seemed a little judgmental, that's all. I'll be fair and say a bigger variance would have been nice but only roegadyn have a full foot to work with, unfortunately. I wish they'd expand them all a little more, give us some short roe and freakishly tall Lalafell.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Spiritual Machine - 04-26-2015

(04-26-2015, 01:01 AM)Meena Wrote:

Miqo'te females get between 4'11 and 5'4, rounding up.

Can't be scary if you're small, right?

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - ArmachiA - 04-26-2015

(04-26-2015, 01:08 AM)myahele Wrote: [Image: a1bae265.jpg]

The males have surprisingly narrow waists

Just noticed this is saying 217cm near the 100 height marker. That's like 7 feet. Okay, those who say the height discrepancy is massive have a case now. Though, for the record, it doesn't matter to me, that is a huge difference.

and on shortness: I'm 5'8" (Female) and my sister is 5"0", and I can tell you she is way way WAY scarier than me. Girl is a beast. Height is not personality.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Zyrusticae - 04-26-2015

While they're at it, having the head size scale properly with height instead of height scaling absolutely everything in that really lazy scale-all-vertices-by-x-width-y-girth-and-z-height fashion would be really nice.

Because, right now, a character that's 4'8" does NOT look 4'8" simply because they're exactly the same number of heads tall as the 5'4" character right beside them. Which is disturbing, really, because that's just not how things work IRL. IRL head size among adults is generally constant, with a few exceptions. Shorter people do not have smaller heads than taller people, but that's what you get with this kind of lazy height scaling.

But anyways... too late for any change in that area now. Maybe one day, when they drop PS3 support entirely, they'll do a major expansion of the character creation... one can dream, eh?