Hydaelyn Role-Players
Au Ra Character Creation Screens discussion! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Au Ra Character Creation Screens discussion! (/showthread.php?tid=11291)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Qhora Bajihri - 04-25-2015

(04-25-2015, 02:21 PM)Reshie Wrote: What is this Monday I keep seeing in this thread? You all have me curious.

Availability of the benchmark.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - industrythirteen - 04-25-2015

They did say that the benchmark wouldn't have all the options. Also consider those screenshots are taken by a camera pointed at a surface pro 3. Detail is going to be lost. 

So a demon motif. I'm okay with this. Mildly surprised, but okay.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - allgivenover - 04-25-2015

I can live with them being related to demons.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Wymsical - 04-25-2015

(04-25-2015, 03:05 PM)industrythirteen Wrote: They did say that the benchmark wouldn't have all the options.

I'm hearing around that they mentioned Au Ra customization options were finalized, so this may be all we get. I was hoping for one or two more faces.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - industrythirteen - 04-25-2015

Not sure if ACTUALLY demons, or just the visual frame of reference. That's still not 100 percent clear to me. If it were me designing, I would design with intent. 

Also not sure if indeed finalized. But back at PAX? Live letter? Can't remember? they said that it wouldn't have anything. Of course, things change. So, we'll see!

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Naunet - 04-25-2015

(04-25-2015, 02:21 PM)Dasair Wrote:
(04-25-2015, 10:56 AM)Naunet Wrote: Doesn't surprise me that they only get 4 horn options. I think SE's definition of highly customizable is rather odd.

Not only that, but it seems the horns are tied to the face options.

[Image: tumblr_nncogrMu191tj1tnjo3_1280.jpg]

It is really looking like the japanese on top there says 'Kao no taipu' which would basically be 'face type'.  

I AM STILL STUPIDLY EXCITED ABOUT AU RA but... I.  Wish they would have like.. separated the horns and the faces, at least.

Yeeaaaah... that's pretty bad. Not quite as bad as if they were tied to hairstyles. But still really bad.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - ZacharyVolfire - 04-25-2015

Hmm with I'm a sucker for horned playable characters. Plus the "Aclehmic Accident" Story i really want to use still so I probbaly will changine into Xaella

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Harmonixer - 04-25-2015

Yooo, you can color the scales? (Tbh, it looks more bone-like to me)

I had better see some good color combos from people. They can REALLY stand out more than they already do if that's the case! Also I recall hearing somewhere they could have mild decorations on their horns. ICly I planned on it anyway. Still happy to see!

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Sophia_Grave - 04-25-2015

They're alright, I suppose. Even the male horns and scales look worn, rather than actually a part of their bodies.

Hrm.

Well, it isn't like I'm not going to make a few dozen Au Ra come Monday, anyhow. I'm looking forward to seeing just how stronk I can make a female Au Ra look. I really wish they went the Hyur route and made a smaller tribe and a larger tribe, rather than just a warm palette / dark palette thing they've already done with Miqo and Elezen.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Steel Wolf - 04-25-2015

The Xaela looks excellent...which is weird, because it doesn't really appear to be a terribly different aesthetic choice between them and the Raen beyond "dark horns or light".

Maybe I'm a bit colored (heh, See what I did there?) by bias because the Raen scales look like some sort of skin rash....

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Zyrusticae - 04-25-2015

(04-25-2015, 03:35 PM)Harmonixer Wrote: Yooo, you can color the scales? (Tbh, it looks more bone-like to me)
NOPE. At least from these screens, the scale color is tied entirely to the subrace, with no option for changing it to something else.

Which is a serious problem for me, because I cannot stand how out-of-place those scales look. If I could give them the same color as the skin maybe they wouldn't look so bleh...

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Moonlit - 04-25-2015

I'm not so convinced that the horns and faces are attached to one another (or will be in the final product). There's a few faces on the males that look the same but have different horns. Also, the following two photos of females look like the same face but have different horns.

[Image: db16e224-s.jpg]

[Image: 7a14d63b-s.jpg]

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Jana - 04-25-2015

(04-25-2015, 03:18 PM)Naunet Wrote: Not quite as bad as if they were tied to hairstyles.

Elin character creation flashbacks... (And it's like that in BnS too, wtf)

That aside, my sister who was so elated at maybe playing a race of dragon-people might end up disappointed.

Quick edit:
(04-25-2015, 03:52 PM)Moonlit Wrote: I'm not so convinced that the horns and faces are attached to one another (or will be in the final product). There's a few faces on the males that look the same but have different horns. Also, the following two photos of females look like the same face but have different horns.

I'm thinking it's the way that some faces currently have some options or scars that other faces don't have. The horns that come with each face aren't the only horns for that face, but some horn styles usable with a face or two may not be usable with all faces.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - ChewableMorphine - 04-25-2015

Scales look pretty bad. I like the hair on most of them, and the eyes are baller. And why they look like living animus. Men be like the edgy shonen and the gals have chins that could classify as a stabbing weapon.

Congrats squeenix, the new race blows, but at least the hair game is en pointe.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Wymsical - 04-25-2015

(04-25-2015, 03:52 PM)Moonlit Wrote: I'm not so convinced that the horns and faces are attached to one another (or will be in the final product). There's a few faces on the males that look the same but have different horns. Also, the following two photos of females look like the same face but have different horns.

Those two photos are actually of different faces, though the structure is very similar (and the person showing them off picked facial options that make them very close). Same thing for all the men too. I've spent way more time than I should studying the screenshots and I'm 99% sure the 'cranial growths' are tied to faces. Kinda expected it given the shots we've seen so far.