Hydaelyn Role-Players
Au Ra Character Creation Screens discussion! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Au Ra Character Creation Screens discussion! (/showthread.php?tid=11291)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - allgivenover - 04-25-2015

PS3 limitations yet again.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - SicketySix - 04-25-2015

(04-25-2015, 10:56 AM)Naunet Wrote: Doesn't surprise me that they only get 4 horn options. I think SE's definition of highly customizable is rather odd.

Still think the scales and horns look like a pasted on cosplay. It's really strange. xD The scales would look a LOT better if they actually blended along the edges into the skin.
I agree.

But then again, maybe we're not looking at the final product, they look more like demo screens to me. Perhaps, and hopefully, the scales will be better blended instead of looking like gawky necklaces and face stickers.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - allgivenover - 04-25-2015

I recall them saying in during the live letter that these were the final choices.

(04-25-2015, 11:25 AM)allgivenover Wrote: I recall them saying in during the live letter that these were the final choices.

Well, in the words of Angry Joe "You done fucked it up!"

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Wymsical - 04-25-2015

(04-25-2015, 06:47 AM)Clover Wrote: Monday can't come fast enough. I need to get my hands on that character creator >_<
I wonder if the horns will be separated from the faces upon release, since they said they'd expand the creation by then. Even if they aren't, I can deal with that. It'll be fun!

I didn't even notice that at first but you're right, it looks like the horns are tied to faces. Sigh. That's one big disappointment but I've heard them quote 'Character Data Limitations' time and time again, such as giving Highlanders more beard options. It sounds like a PS3 limitation, honestly.

I still think the female Miqo'te look more 'moe' than the female Au Ra, but this is definitely just a personal preference thing. Either way, I'm quite excited to get my hands on the creator myself; I've noticed that players can make much better specimens than the devs manage to show off so I'm certain we'll see some even better looking Au Ra. ... that scale mustache looks ridiculous though.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - CrimsonMars - 04-25-2015

(04-25-2015, 05:25 AM)Cylin Wrote: The males look amazing, the females... I play a female Miqo'te and even I'm a bit put off my the 'MOE' vibes the female Au Ra give off... I wish there was a more fierce variant... But chances are I'll play around in the benchmark in a few days and find something I do end up liking.

I dunno, I think fem-Ras look edgy compared to miqo'tes if anything, lol.

Anyway, I'm honestly mildly impressed myself, especially the males.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Zyrusticae - 04-25-2015

I thought the scales looked bad before, but seeing the dark scales on light skin just makes it even more conspicuous. They don't look like a part of their bodies at all; instead, they look like glued-on cosplay accessories. Blech! Not my thing at all.

If they had an option for scales that actually looked like they were properly grown out of flesh or something... but it seems like you can't even recolor them at all! That's just weak.

The only thing I like are their eye color options, as they appear to have more than any other race. But that's about it. And that is hardly a reason for me to get excited on its own.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Kismet - 04-25-2015

Make sure to keep checking the link in the OP throughout the weekend. They've added a few more shots -- most interestingly (for me, anyways) darker skinned Au Ra for both clans! And I think I spy some horn rings on this Raen?

Also... a scaled moustache? Uh... 

[Image: ab4e6139-s.jpg]

[Image: 2f32abac-s.jpg]

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Kellach Woods - 04-25-2015

I was already rollin' Xaela, but this just confirmed it.

So, how mad would people get if I had my Au Ra DRK get into the animu~ habit of yellin' out "ORA!"?

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - ProvaDiServo - 04-25-2015

(04-25-2015, 12:24 PM)Kismet Wrote:
Show Content

This may cause me to Redact my previous statements.
(04-25-2015, 12:45 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: I was already rollin' Xaela, but this just confirmed it.

So, how mad would people get if I had my Au Ra DRK get into the animu~ habit of yellin' out "ORA!"?

If you don't yell it I will!

....maybe throw in a bunch of " Muda"s in there as well.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Kismet - 04-25-2015

Even MORE pics have been added!

We can see some more of the available hairstyles in the icons. Raen can also have the 'glowing ring' in their eyes. (The checkmarks imply that you can choose to have only one glowing eye if you wish?) Also, the color of the ring can be changed to something separate from that of the iris:

Show Content

It's looking better, still not sold tho

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Wymsical - 04-25-2015

The hype is real for glowing eyes. Actually, with certain colors it might not even look like it's glowing but just an extra rim of color in the eye, like Yugiri's. It's pretty clear she has a custom face and scales now. Funny how she has the least amount. 

Now that we've got a better look at Au Ra, the 'demon' rather than 'dragon' aesthetic is more obvious.

Edit: I'm also amused by how this person is taking all of their photos with the race in the worst possible lighting.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Dasair - 04-25-2015

(04-25-2015, 10:56 AM)Naunet Wrote: Doesn't surprise me that they only get 4 horn options. I think SE's definition of highly customizable is rather odd.

Not only that, but it seems the horns are tied to the face options.

[Image: tumblr_nncogrMu191tj1tnjo3_1280.jpg]

It is really looking like the japanese on top there says 'Kao no taipu' which would basically be 'face type'.

I AM STILL STUPIDLY EXCITED ABOUT AU RA but... I. Wish they would have like.. separated the horns and the faces, at least.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Reshie - 04-25-2015

What is this Monday I keep seeing in this thread? You all have me curious.

I'm still really not impressed with the females but the males look rather interesting. I've always felt the highlander female shape would have been better but meh. We shall see when it all comes out and we get to play a little. Smile