Hydaelyn Role-Players
What Tv show/movie are you ashamed to say you DIDNT WATCH? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: What Tv show/movie are you ashamed to say you DIDNT WATCH? (/showthread.php?tid=11282)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: What Tv show/movie are you ashamed to say you DIDNT WATCH? - Dogberry - 04-28-2015

I never watched DBZ. I've only seen DBZ Abridged.

RE: What Tv show/movie are you ashamed to say you DIDNT WATCH? - Warren Castille - 04-28-2015

Never seen Dune or Blade Runner.

Or read them.

Yes, I know Blade Runner isn't called Blade Runner in text form.

RE: What Tv show/movie are you ashamed to say you DIDNT WATCH? - Aya - 04-28-2015

I have not seen the new My Little Ponies!

I haven't seen Game of Thrones either (not so much ashamed of this, I hope to read the books someday and would rather do that before watching the series) Smile

(04-28-2015, 11:25 AM)Dogberry Wrote: I never watched DBZ. I've only seen DBZ Abridged.
Does this mean skipping the 1/3 of every show that is showing what happened the episode before and will happen the episode after?  What about the 1/3 that's just grunting while powering up?  I think you probably did this right and should not feel ashamed :-D

RE: What Tv show/movie are you ashamed to say you DIDNT WATCH? - Dogberry - 04-28-2015

(04-28-2015, 12:23 PM)Aya Wrote: Does this mean skipping the 1/3 of every show that is showing what happened the episode before and will happen the episode after?  What about the 1/3 that's just grunting while powering up?  I think you probably did this right and should not feel ashamed :-D

No, I mean DBZ: Abriged, the fandub series that cuts DBZ down and makes it hilarious.

RE: What Tv show/movie are you ashamed to say you DIDNT WATCH? - Alothia - 04-28-2015

I've never seen
  • The Godfather Series
  • Anything by Stanley Kubrik other than The Shining
  • The Graduate
  • Psycho
  • Scarface

There are a lot more than that. 

Although I am shocked and appalled at how many of you have never seen The Princess Bride. I make my students watch it in Freshman Creative Writing. Best. Movie. Ever.

RE: What Tv show/movie are you ashamed to say you DIDNT WATCH? - TheLastCandle - 04-28-2015

I never watched Lost, or Kirk Cameron's Avatar. Everything I've heard about the latter's plot just reaffirms my belief that it's actually a live action remake of Fern Gully: The Last Rainforest.

Edit: Oop, it's James Cameron, but I'm leaving it like that because looooooooool

RE: What Tv show/movie are you ashamed to say you DIDNT WATCH? - Aya - 04-28-2015

(04-28-2015, 12:56 PM)Dogberry Wrote:
(04-28-2015, 12:23 PM)Aya Wrote: Does this mean skipping the 1/3 of every show that is showing what happened the episode before and will happen the episode after?  What about the 1/3 that's just grunting while powering up?  I think you probably did this right and should not feel ashamed :-D

No, I mean DBZ: Abriged, the fandub series that cuts DBZ down and makes it hilarious.
Oh right, I've heard of these! And never watched one myself ^_^

Probably still an improvement!!

(04-28-2015, 01:33 PM)TheLastCandle Wrote: I never watched Lost, or Kirk Cameron's Avatar. Everything I've heard about the latter's plot just reaffirms my belief that it's actually a live action remake of Fern Gully: The Last Rainforest.

Edit: Oop, it's James Cameron, but I'm leaving it like that because looooooooool

I HIGHLY recommend watching Avatar with the Rifftrax commentary. It is pure comedy gold.

RE: What Tv show/movie are you ashamed to say you DIDNT WATCH? - Melkire - 04-28-2015

I've only seen two or three episodes of The Wire.

I would fix this, but my computer is broken, Netflix doesn't have it, I'm not paying Amazon on top of Netflix just for one show, and I've neither the time nor the transportation nor the energy to go looking for a complete boxed set.

...I should just buy the boxed set off the net. Amazon or B&N. Yes. That sounds good.

RE: What Tv show/movie are you ashamed to say you DIDNT WATCH? - TheLastCandle - 04-28-2015

HBO's Rome is another one. By the sound of it, it'd be right up my alley, but somehow I've never watched a single episode. I should remedy this.

RE: What Tv show/movie are you ashamed to say you DIDNT WATCH? - Roen - 04-28-2015

Oldboy.

Been meaning to, just haven't prepared my head for where I hear it will go.

(04-28-2015, 02:11 PM)TheLastCandle Wrote: HBO's Rome is another one. By the sound of it, it'd be right up my alley, but somehow I've never watched a single episode. I should remedy this.
Me too!  A friend even gave me his set of DvDs and I've never watched ooooone!

RE: What Tv show/movie are you ashamed to say you DIDNT WATCH? - Aaron - 04-28-2015

High school dxd

For so long I refused to watch it despite my friends. Now I watch the f*ck out that series.

For the plot of course.

RE: What Tv show/movie are you ashamed to say you DIDNT WATCH? - Enla - 04-28-2015

None really, most of them I can just queue up on Netflix and enjoy the fact that they are now over so I can watch every single episode without having to wait for another season to be cast. The only one I truly regret is Firefly, but the way Fox marketed that show it was doomed to fail irregardless.

I still haven't watched Game of Thrones or read the books, but like I hinted at above I'm the kind of person who REALLY hates starting an unfinished series. Like, despise it to the point where I outright avoid titles that fall into that category. I might be old and grey before Martin ever finishes, but damn it I want to marathon the whole story rather than get to where it has ended now and wait several more years for the next two installments.

RE: What Tv show/movie are you ashamed to say you DIDNT WATCH? - K'nahli - 04-28-2015

I'm not ashamed of these but I certainly won't mention the first one to my friend freely.... I think that if I did, she'd start viewing me with cold eyes @A@

1. Star Wars series
2. Godfather series