Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] LF Surgeon and 'Partner in Crime' - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] LF Surgeon and 'Partner in Crime' (/showthread.php?tid=11270)

LF Surgeon and 'Partner in Crime' - Kiht'to Moui - 04-24-2015

Hello everyone! XD
I'm looking for a surgeon of sorts to aid in a 'experimental' surgery on Kiht'to Moui. Working in collaboration with an aspiring 'machinist' or two to create and connect a type of prosthetic. The event requires the aid of a doctor type which are sort of hard to find so If you're interested please feel free to send me a PM or a /tell in game.

I'm also on the lookout for a sort of partner or partner's in crime that are looking for some close knit heavy RP. I would like to find a future machinist to partner up and possibly aid in 'maintenance' and such of Kiht'to's machinery. More importantly, looking for a regular RP buddy or group to expand the usual RP from the quicksand to other avenues, such as dungeon RP and so forth. Ideally I'm looking for an in game 'besty' or romance, however I'll never turn my nose at people looking for connections and a fun time. So again if you're interested, please send PM or a /tell in game.

*All levels/classes welcome
*Happy to participate in events or help with quests/dungeons and such
*Romance open -hetero
*I'm a frequent player

For more info about Kiht'to feel free to peruse
http://tinyurl.com/oynqpbw
(it's a work in progress :3)

Don't be shy, feel free to reply, or even just say hi! Bye!

-Kiht'to

RE: LF Surgeon and 'Partner in Crime' - Titor - 04-24-2015

Whhyyyyy do you have to be evil T.T

This plot would fit perfectly for the bestie role, working with machinery since that is kind if all around generally him, and he is def going machinist in HW.

But he is chaotic neutral and works with the Flames, and would not assist a criminal...

unlessofcourseyourcharactercouldbeconvertedbysomemeans

Bahahaha.

In fact my RP FC in general is kind of focused around this stuff. We work with experimental technologies and science/engineering/machinery while protecting Thanalan and Ul'dah.

RE: LF Surgeon and 'Partner in Crime' - Kiht'to Moui - 04-24-2015

Lol, he's 'evil' from nurture not nature, things could change... maybe XD

RE: LF Surgeon and 'Partner in Crime' - No Longer Exists - 04-24-2015

If that fails, Doc Oak might be an opportunity for the surgeon role. While he works for the Flames as well, his personal outlook and beneficent attitude toward health and wellness could inspire him to do it IF it's presented as a crisis situation. He won't be happy about it after the fact, but he'll do everything in his power to save a life.

RE: LF Surgeon and 'Partner in Crime' - DoomsdayClock - 04-24-2015

This is the sort of thing Lho'a would love to even sit in on and observe..offer his conjury when needed. As a budding evil magic user and fellow Keeper....if it could be worked out Morbolvines huge house could work for surgery experiments too..

(04-24-2015, 06:43 AM)Black Hat Wrote: If that fails, Doc Oak might be an opportunity for the surgeon role. While he works for the Flames as well, his personal outlook and beneficent attitude toward health and wellness could inspire him to do it IF it's presented as a crisis situation. He won't be happy about it after the fact, but he'll do everything in his power to save a life.

Well it's not so much a crisis situation as it is an arrogant project. I should maybe explain further. ><

The surgery is essentially installing a 'cradle' inside his missing eye hole. The purpose being a machinist to craft a artificial eye that works similar to Papalymo and Yda's goggles in the main story.
The purpose of the 'cradle' is to make maintenance, upgrades, etc to the prosthetic without requiring near brain surgery every time. Where as the 'eye' would be more or less temp as RP research into magitek deepens and upgrades made, the cradle on the other hand is more or less permanent.
Of course whether or not it's even successful is still a dice roll so to speak, I'm trying to keep it as lore-friendly as possible, considering the somewhat lack of actual official FFXIV lore.
But yeah, unfortunately it's not really a crisis situation. XD

RE: LF Surgeon and 'Partner in Crime' - No Longer Exists - 04-24-2015

(04-24-2015, 09:43 AM)Kiht Wrote:
(04-24-2015, 06:43 AM)Black Hat Wrote: If that fails, Doc Oak might be an opportunity for the surgeon role. While he works for the Flames as well, his personal outlook and beneficent attitude toward health and wellness could inspire him to do it IF it's presented as a crisis situation. He won't be happy about it after the fact, but he'll do everything in his power to save a life.

Well it's not so much a crisis situation as it is an arrogant project. I should maybe explain further. ><

The surgery is essentially installing a 'cradle' inside his missing eye hole. The purpose being a machinist to craft a artificial eye that works similar to Papalymo and Yda's goggles in the main story.
The purpose of the 'cradle' is to make maintenance, upgrades, etc to the prosthetic without requiring near brain surgery every time. Where as the 'eye' would be more or less temp as RP research into magitek deepens and upgrades made, the cradle on the other hand is more or less permanent.
Of course whether or not it's even successful is still a dice roll so to speak, I'm trying to keep it as lore-friendly as possible, considering the somewhat lack of actual official FFXIV lore.
But yeah, unfortunately it's not really a crisis situation. XD

I understand completely. What I was getting at is that if need be, presenting it to Oak as a crisis situation would get him to do the surgery. Big Grin In essence, I'm giving you permission to completely hornswaggle my healer into it for fun and for development of your character. Convince him that it's a crisis, even if it isn't. lol

RE: LF Surgeon and 'Partner in Crime' - DoomsdayClock - 04-24-2015

Hat..lets chop him up together....I mean help him.

You know that would increase the success rate... Maybe, lol.

RE: LF Surgeon and 'Partner in Crime' - Titor - 04-24-2015

I would really like to talk to you more about this, the idea HIGHLY interests me, a lot. And I can see a lot of room for RP and development and possibly even IC friendships here. Titor would definitely be cut out for the job, just getting the characters together and figuring out what would go about would be all that would need to occur.

If you want to discuss more, we could chat in game or on skype if you wanted to, for more of the IM style conversation over forum posts.

Let me know! This sounds super awesome to me. Big Grin

I'm really liking the enthusiasm, I will definitely try and involve as many people as would like to. Only issue now is coordinating times and such, as I'm free anytime, I'd like to work a time out that's suitable for everyone.
Also I still need to find a machinist of sorts, as mine sort of bowed out of the event. So still looking if anyone aims to rp as a machinist for heavensward.

RE: LF Surgeon and 'Partner in Crime' - Miakoda - 04-24-2015

Hey!  I play a morally questionable surgeon.  Just came back to the game- would love to jump into some interesting RP.  I sent you a PM IG.

RE: LF Surgeon and 'Partner in Crime' - Orphean - 04-25-2015

I'm playing an aspiring doctor sort with a love for tools, tech and documentation. Would love to meet ic'ly, if nothing else. Elear is a little strange, but she is fairly neutral and I have a very open play schedule. I will try to hunt you down.

RE: LF Surgeon and 'Partner in Crime' - Kiht'to Moui - 04-26-2015

Wooo! getting hunted XD!

RE: LF Surgeon and 'Partner in Crime' - Merai the Vixen - 04-27-2015

Hiya! Definitely interested in some baddie/romantical rps! Only hoping time zone isn't an issue - I am usually around for GMT time zones!