Hydaelyn Role-Players
What games would you like to get a remaster? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: What games would you like to get a remaster? (/showthread.php?tid=11249)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

What games would you like to get a remaster? - SicketySix - 04-23-2015

Title says it but I will echo it here. What game/series would you like to see get a current gen remastered?

For me, I'd love to see the whole Ace Combat series remastered for current gen.
Also, I'd love to see the old Desert Storm games as well.

RE: What games would you like to get a remaster? - Cato - 04-23-2015

Final Fantasy XII, Vagrant Story and The Legend of Dragoon come to mind. I'll likely list more games later. :p

RE: What games would you like to get a remaster? - Kage - 04-23-2015

In these cases, I want a remake ish. I guess you could say a remaster of their graphics and audio quality to match current gen?

Bahamut Lagoon

Final Fantasy VI.

Like holy fuck sometimes I just sit in a magitek to listen to the theme. Final Fantasy VI with FF13 or FF14/15's graphics? Oh god yes. >.>

RE: What games would you like to get a remaster? - Chris Ganale - 04-23-2015

(04-23-2015, 11:38 AM)Casden Reeves Wrote: For me, I'd love to see the whole Ace Combat series remastered for current gen.
Also, I'd love to see the old Desert Storm games as well.

Quoted for truth, and throwing FF8 into the mix.

RE: What games would you like to get a remaster? - Cest - 04-23-2015

Dark Cloud & Dark Cloud 2.

RE: What games would you like to get a remaster? - Warren Castille - 04-23-2015

The NES Zelda games.

Rogue Squadron.

The original Double Dragons (1-3).

E-SWAT.

RE: What games would you like to get a remaster? - Gegenji - 04-23-2015

Oddly enough, the game that I most wanted a "remaster" of for the longest time was Kid Icarus. But, with Uprising, that's a bit of a moot point because Uprising was incredible. And even the older Kid Icarus' look... nice, in a retro sort of way. And that's the case with a lot of the others - Breath of Fire III, for example. It's stylized/"pretty" enough already that I don't think remastering would do anything.

I'm really just left with stuff whose graphics haven't aged well - old standbys like Mario 64 and Final Fantasy 7. Maybe Mega Man Legends?

RE: What games would you like to get a remaster? - Cato - 04-23-2015

Here's some more:

- Grandia/Grandia 2
- Haunting Ground
- Forbidden Siren
- Final Fantasy 7/8/9
- Resident Evil 2 & 3
- Resident Evil Outbreak 1 & 2

RE: What games would you like to get a remaster? - cuideag - 04-23-2015

Secret of Mana. Legend of Mana done up Odin Sphere style would be hella rad. Shadows of the Empire? And maybe a proper remaster of Silent Hill 2 would be nice.

RE: What games would you like to get a remaster? - Kage - 04-23-2015

(04-23-2015, 11:53 AM)Graeham Ridgefield Wrote: - Final Fantasy 7/8/9
I have to say, in terms of not needing to -really aesthetically- rebuild and remake a game to go on to current gen, I think FF9's graphics would probably match up the best. FF9's graphics have aged pretty well in my opinion. Update graphics a little here and there, improve sound quality. So good.

Where as others, well, their graphics didn't really age all that well xD

((Yes they probably -would have to- rebuild the game and its engine but it looks as if it doesn't completely? Does that make sense?))

RE: What games would you like to get a remaster? - Dogberry - 04-23-2015

X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter!

Wing Commander!

Uplink!

BURN:CYCLE! DOES ANYONE REMEMBER BURN:CYCLE? It was a 1995 supercheese cyberpunk adventure game with a plot that was basically Johnny Mnemonic with a transhuman bend. As cyberpunk is my absolute favorite genre of all time ever, I have a very real soft spot for this game. With Telltale championing the adventure game, I'd LOVE a cyberpunk game like this to come back.

RE: What games would you like to get a remaster? - Gegenji - 04-23-2015

What about the original X-COM? Or does Enemy Unknown/Enemy Within cover that base?

... A totally updated Paperboy would be pretty funny too, actually.

RE: What games would you like to get a remaster? - SunTzu7 - 04-23-2015

IX's aged really well (and it's my favourite game ever so I'm incredibly biased), but I would want a remaster for 'Blockhands' VII and VIII.

Grandia's aged decently too, and to be honest, if you got rid of the voice actors who sound perpetually stoned it would lose some of its charm.

Remaster the Shadow Hearts series, especially the first one.

RE: What games would you like to get a remaster? - SicketySix - 04-23-2015

(04-23-2015, 12:00 PM)Gegenji Wrote: What about the original X-COM? Or does Enemy Unknown/Enemy Within cover that base?

... A totally updated Paperboy would be pretty funny too, actually.
I never played the original, but have heard that it Unknown/Within differs in quite a few ways from it.

RE: What games would you like to get a remaster? - Coatleque - 04-23-2015

Do you mean a simple remaster where they just make it work on new computers but don't fix anything? Because the remasters I've tried so far have all been huge let downs.

Games I wish they would re-make, as in all new graphics and engine but leaving everything else the same:

- Baldur's Gate / Icewind Dale
- Neverwinter Nights
- The original NES Zelda, Metroid, and Contra (as top-down and side-scroller games ala "Trine")
- Wolfenstein 3d and Doom (again, as they were originally conceived)
Some old Commodore 64 games:
- Jump Man / Wizzard
- Castles of Dr. Creep
- Maniac Mansion / Zac McKraken
- Lode Runner (there was a Win95 version created by Sierra which was awesome)