Hydaelyn Role-Players
Escape from ULDAH! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Escape from ULDAH! (/showthread.php?tid=11194)

Escape from ULDAH! - OttoVann - 04-21-2015

It's a pleasant night here at the Strip's restaurant in Ul'dah. We're partitioned off, near the back from the main flow of the crowd, my dinner date for the evening and I. It's nice, low lighting along with every other patron here having more money than they can count but most of all, speaking quietly. It's a place where servers come wordlessly and try their hardest to speak as little as possible, so they don't distract. Simple nods and gestures are all it takes to get whatever you want after you tell them your order for the evening. Plates here typically run fifty-thousand a piece, enough to ensure only a few will ever be here at one time, amplifying the mood of relaxation and intimacy. This isn't a place to do business or have rendezvous’s that aren't for pleasure of some kind.

Tonight, there’s exactly one other couple here with us. I have become a bit of a usual here, and a small nod and greeting is required since our other dining guests for the evening know me. They're a wealthy pair, inherited all of it and act it most times, but it's better to be cordial than dismissive especially in my line of work and my bids to become more political. I'm not dining with one of my wives; I like to bring a date of some kind. Serious or not, I just prefer company with my dinner. Unfortunately, not soon after we take our seats, we get disturbed abruptly by Blades. I'm not even sure how they got inside, this is a private area, and even the worst criminals are left alone in here, it requires connections in a sense. Even the servers aren't quite sure what to do. They look amongst each other before both rushing to block the roped off entrance, hands up in a protest and whispering harshly what they want while the tiny crowd looks at the spectacle.

They get swept aside easily enough though, the lead Blade taking to his sword pommel and pulling it from his sheathe enough to give the universal message of move aside or else. I suppose they have the right to be here, they are Blades, but you can tell where real authority starts and ends in a city like Ul'dah when they need to threaten waiters to get inside the establishment because they aren't normally allowed . There’s three of them in all, and out of the bunch only one is even taking this seriously, the leader. He makes it a point of proudly marching forward, his eyes refusing to look down to see if he is going to trip on a carpet or anything, heels forward in his most hard-assed attempt to look the part while his lackeys are more inclined to keep their heads on a swivel, looking up and around awe-struck at the sights. You can always tell when the recruits are new, them being so unused to the non-mundane duties and their locations, such as this one.

Men like this leader are trained, and I'm not even sure if he's an actual Blade. It's not everyday one of them are competent at their job, unafraid to violate the soft rules Monetarists have in place, and more than willing to be menacing to whoever is in their way. When it becomes obvious he's here for me after this display I stand to meet him, buttoning my coat while I do it to look like at least one of us belongs here. Right, as he starts to speak I take the initiative, blurting in before he can get out a word edgewise, “Good evening Captain, what a...pleasant surprise. You must be hungry to barge in like that, care to join us?”

That's all it took to figure out this man is an imposter, or at least not someone whose true calling in life was to be a Blade for this great city. His lackeys give him away instantly, looking to each other obviously confused under their visors while he makes no attempt at correcting. If he's a Blade, he would be the first I've ever known to not want to correct someone on what their true rank is, and this man is no Captain of anything. He doesn't even give a name and is completely content to ignore everything I said while giving me a quick looking over before he barks “I take it your Otto Vann, which means you will be coming with us.”

He doesn't wait for a reply from me, or anything, before looking behind him and jerking his head forward for his men to advance on me, cuffs in their hand. I can't believe this is anything other than a joke at my expense.

“I'm sorry, but no. You most certainly are not. Now please leave, everyone here knows you aren't supposed to be here.” I can't manage to say more without breaking my composure from the humor of the situation, this can't be real. I would've known if a 'colleague' of mine, other Monetarists, we're sending this ape to apprehend me in public. We have control over some Blades, but not like this. They would've sent someone with a modicum of manners and decency at least, they would've avoided sending them here of all places, and I'd likely know them.

The other two seem disarmed instantly, looking to each other with those same confused glances, then back to their leader seeking something, anything, before turning back to me. Seems they're serious about going through with this and aren't overly afraid of any of the consequences of arresting someone like me in a place like this.

While hardass looks onward, he gives an abrupt shout of “Now!” that startles everyone in the now rapt crowd of this little paradise, but most of all motivates these two to walk up to me expectantly. A defeated shake of my head is all I offer while I put my hands forward, palms up, doing my best to adjust my cufflinks beforehand, considering one of them is a linkpearl. I had this one designed to buzz it's other half incessantly, one that Ridley keeps on her at all times now, at least I hope. After my encounter with Ty nearly killing me, I've had to take precautions, especially since I don't ever travel armed with anything other than my unbelievable charm and hair. Whatever imposter-hardass and these two want, it's not typical.

“So, where are we headed?”

RE: Escape from ULDAH - OttoVann - 04-21-2015

(By the way this is something I came up with off the cuff today, please give feedback if I.should continue.)

RE: Escape from ULDAH! - Warren Castille - 04-21-2015

Show Content