Hydaelyn Role-Players
Pen-Pal Project v. 2.0 | Round 2 signups - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Pen-Pal Project v. 2.0 | Round 2 signups (/showthread.php?tid=11076)

Pages: 1 2

Pen-Pal Project v. 2.0 | Round 2 signups - Maril - 04-12-2015

Hello everyone! 
There was some recent activity in the old pen-pal thread, so I have decided to make for a new round of signups. 

What is the Pen-Pal project? 
The pen-pal project is, as the name suggests, a service where your character can get matched up with another character here on the RPC. The matches are as random as I can make them, and in order to make that happen I need at least 10 people signing up for each round. If you sign up later than this round, I'll put you down on a waiting list and try to get you in when I have enough people to make it random again.

If you have/had a pen-pal already but want another, feel free to sign up again. 
Letters are exchanged using PM's here on the RPC, due to the in-game cap on how long a letter can be.

If your character can not read/write, I can recommend assuming that they have a scribe to assist them in their endeavor, or alternatively find someone in RP who can help your character get them read. 

Okay, how do I sign up? 
Fill out this information: 
Character Name: 
Wiki link/short description:
Have you completed the MSQ up until end of 2.55: Yes/No
My character should be anonymous: Yes/No/Either works 

The information helps me pair people up. Please let me know if there's someone I shouldn't pair you with! Send this information in a PM, since it could be sensitive - And don't worry, I won't speak of it elsewhere.
If you link to your wiki, you will not be paired with anyone that I can see your character already knows if possible. The same goes for people of the same FC.

The MSQ Question is there so as to eliminate spoiler elements in the RP, since it's had some widespread effects already.  

How does anonymity work? 
Anonymity is tricky, because how exactly do you start something without saying who you are. Well, so far I've heard of a few options.

1. Use Anon Y'mous 
2. Have one of the pen-pals leave a random letter somewhere and start the correspondence that way 
3. Use a NPC Courier to bring the letters back/forth, knowing it's in the search for a pen-pal. Perhaps your character was feeling lonely or unchallenged in the realms of writing. 
4. Be creative! There are otherwise to twist it together. In all cases I recommend agreeing on a way with your destined pen-pal before starting.

When can I start? 
I will announce the pairings when sign-ups start to fizzle out again. I will bump the thread when that happens. When the pairings are announced, one of the names in each set will be highlighted in fat text - That means this person is the one who starts with the first letter. I do however always recommend sending an OOC PM first to make sure your partner is on-board with everything. 

Round #1 Matches complete!

Names highlighted in bold start the correspondence! I recommend sending people an OOC PM to just make them aware that the matching has completed. I will also try to reach out to people. 
(A) after the two names indicates that the correspondence is anonymous. 

Rythiel Rothmoore <=> Avis Inkwood - No 2.55 spoilers 
W'reina Yue <=> Ryanti Veanysus 
Emy Arlenhart <=> Hel Spites 
Domri Blackblade <=> Cinaed Wilder 
Sorona Everen <=> Quinthel Moranguin - No 2.55 spoilers
Gwannes Oskwell <=> Nicholas Graveshire 
Nako'li Chalahko <=> So'larin Tia - No 2.55 spoilers
Kyrio Lamansque <=> Memevachi Mimivachi 
Amh'ra Bajihiri <=> Sanja Polaali 
Haydn'to Kahl'mar <=> Melodia D'janz 
Red Duck <=> Nailah Quill (A)

RE: Pen-Pal Project v. 2.0 - Jurgen Rothmoore - 04-12-2015

Eh what the heck.. Was tempted for the prior one, can't hurt!

Character Name: Rythiel Rothmoore
Wiki link/short description: https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Rythiel_Rothmoore
Have you completed the MSQ up until end of 2.55: Yes
My character should be anonymous: Either works

RE: Pen-Pal Project v. 2.0 - Flashhelix - 04-12-2015

Character Name: Gwannes Oskwell
Wiki link/short description: See signature

RE: Pen-Pal Project v. 2.0 - Hel Spites - 04-12-2015

Like I said in the other thread, I've been involved in a letter exchange like this before and it was a good time O.....O Here's hoping enough people sign up to get this off the ground.

Character Name: Hel Spites 

Wiki link/short description: Hel is a foreigner who, while en route to another place altogether, washed up in Eorzea after a particularly nasty storm sent him off flying off his ship. He's been around long enough that he can understand the language, although he speaks with a thick accent and his writing tends to come across as a bit stilted. Having met his best friend through an anonymous letter exchange, he'd jump at the chance to send more strangers some letters. 

Have you completed the MSQ up until end of 2.55: Yeeep. And what and end it was O...O

My character should be anonymous: He wouldn't be anonymous.

RE: Pen-Pal Project v. 2.0 - Kyrio Lamansque - 04-12-2015

Character Name: Kyrio Lamansque
Wiki link/short description: https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Kyrio_Lamansque - Recently more friendly, but I haven't kept the wiki up to date the best.
Have you completed the MSQ up until end of 2.55: No, but I know generally what has happened. I spoiled myself and watched the Heavensward trailer. 

RE: Pen-Pal Project v. 2.0 - Ryanti - 04-12-2015

Character Name: Ryanti Veanysus
Wiki link/short description: Here.
My character should be anonymous: Either works.

RE: Pen-Pal Project v. 2.0 - Nicholas Graveshire - 04-12-2015

Character Name: Nicholas Graveshire
Wiki link/short description: https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Nicholas_Graveshire
Have you completed the MSQ up until end of 2.55: Yes.
My character should be anonymous:Either works 

RE: Pen-Pal Project v. 2.0 - Duskwright - 04-12-2015

(This failed last time I did it due to rl problems and I feel bad because of that.. So let's try this again!)

Character Name: Amh'ra Bajihri
Wiki link/short description: Wiki~

RE: Pen-Pal Project v. 2.0 - Izmina - 04-12-2015

Character name: Sanja Polaali
Description: San is a 16 year old. She was born and raised in the deep shroud, although her clan is currently living in Thanalan, as they search for a permenant home in the shroud. San is just now learning to read and write so letters from her might include drawings and bad spelling.

MSQ complete.

Anonymous? No

RE: Pen-Pal Project v. 2.0 - Haydn'to - 04-13-2015

Gonna sign up two characters for this if that's ok!

Character Name: Cinaed Wilder
Wiki link/short description: https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Cinaed_Wilder

-

Character Name: Haydn'to Kalhmar
Wiki link/short description: Wiki is in progress. He's a pale-skinned Keeper with a rebellious streak. Well educated, and used to work as a healer. He arranged to get exiled from his home town so he wouldn't have to abide by the matriarchal Keeper society he was living in, as he wanted to live a life where he could make his own decisions.
Have you completed the MSQ up until end of 2.55: Yes
My character should be anonymous: Either works 

RE: Pen-Pal Project v. 2.0 - Aduu Avagnar - 04-13-2015

Character Name: Nako'li Chalahko
Wiki link/short description:  linkage

Character Name: Memevachi Mimivachi
Wiki link/short description:  A young, curious lalafellan male, who was raised by goblins. Has a knack for engineering and goldsmithing.

RE: Pen-Pal Project v. 2.0 - Maril - 04-15-2015

Seems I have just about enough to make this happen. I'll start matching people up tomorrow!

RE: Pen-Pal Project v. 2.0 - DrDucker - 04-15-2015

Sneaking in

Character Name:  Red Duck
Wiki link/short description: Cool Roegadyn maybe criminal

RE: Pen-Pal Project v. 2.0 - Elysia - 04-15-2015

Since I barely get in-game RP because SCHEDULES, I'm going to jump in on this again! Smile

Character Name: Avis Inkwood
Wiki link/short description: Here!
Have you completed the MSQ up until end of 2.55: NO. Oh dear. I must be the only one. 
My character should be anonymous: Either works. 

RE: Pen-Pal Project v. 2.0 - Domri Blackblade - 04-15-2015

Character Name: Domri Blackblade
Wiki link/short description: https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Domri_Blackblade
My character should be anonymous: No