Hydaelyn Role-Players
Celebration of The Spinner (Post Notes) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Celebration of The Spinner (Post Notes) (/showthread.php?tid=11036)

Pages: 1 2

Celebration of The Spinner (Post Notes) - Jancis - 04-09-2015

In Celebration of the Spinner

[Image: 3X5Qqwk.png]

One and all is invited to come give thanks and hear inspirational words in regards to Nymeia.

Nymeia, the watcher of celestial bodies and goddess of fate, commands the element of water and is associated with the Second Umbral Moon (fourth month). She is depicted as a weaver donning a white, silken veil. Her symbol is the spinning wheel. Elder sister of Althyk, and master of Rhalgr.

Event starts in Lower La Noscea at Moraby Bay (X:24 Y:34) on Sunday April 19th at 8:00PM Eastern EDT (Midnight UTC).

[Image: dJFD9ks.png]

Guards will be available to help all pilgrims to the event safely.

For Pilgrims:
  • During the performance, pilgrims are asked to be silent in the public channels. Emotes with /em, /say, and /yell are asked to be held off until the main performance is over.
  • Animation and sound emotes are welcomed! Please just turn the text off on them during the performance.
  • In lieu of reacting in /em and /say, pilgrims are encouraged to form parties with their friends and groups to react to each other in /p - that should help with the text bloat and keep the reactions more personal and immersed with the main people pilgrims want to interact with.
  • Anyone willing to host a "during performance" party for those who come on their own please contact me so I can find you at the event start and get people together to interact and meet. If a group of friends has room in their party and wouldn't mind hosting a new addition, that would be wonderful too. We'll sort it out at the start of the event.
  • After the performance, everyone is welcome to use /em and /say and can change parties as wanted.
[Image: NATRgJ8.jpg]

Music and stories from some special guest speakers and bards will highlight the evening. After the presentation, everyone is encouraged to mingle, give prayers and thoughts, or partake in the smaller congregations.

Blessings and wisdom will be given to those who wish in attendance.

Entire main event is planned to last a hour with hosts staying around afterwards for free-form role play.

~While this is a pilgrimage in celebration of one of the Twelve, really would like to express the theme and environment of this event is to come together and have an inspiration evening for each other and on reflection. This night will not have strong overtones of worship and ceremony.~

Performing Guests:
Edda Eglantine
Ciel Sauveterre
Iskierka Stormspeaker
Xenedra
Eva

Blessers/Sages:
Jancis
Iskierka
Eva
Cliodhna (Assisting)

Guards:
Harbingers of Dawn
Coatleque

[Image: Nymeia_Icon.png]

RE: Celebration of The Spinner - Cliodhna Eoghan - 04-09-2015

w-warm weather???? the last one was warmer but still....this is in limsa!!
[Image: tumblr_n10adxLmrt1qmuumdo1_500.gif]

as the previous times; i'll be there and let me know if you need help with anything :3

RE: Celebration of The Spinner - Jancis - 04-10-2015

Aww! ^_^

Yes it is!

It is one of the more scenic spots that I think everyone will enjoy. I've RP'ed here quite a few times.

[Image: Ffxiv_10042014_180342.jpg]

And will do! I'm still sorting out who can help at the end (sadly both volunteers Sunday didn't work out for them >_< Le Weep) and I also have to coordinate with guards with a new idea. Just took me forever to try on clothes and think up something suitable!

RE: Celebration of The Spinner - Ilwe'ran - 04-10-2015

*wiggles*

I can craft some hat to protect people from the sun !

RE: Celebration of The Spinner - Warren Castille - 04-10-2015

If you need more speakers, I know a guy.

RE: Celebration of The Spinner - Jancis - 04-10-2015

That guy is going to be whispering sweet rambling nothings in his fiance's ear. Laugh

Hats sound wonderful! I might also need some help with making some armor pieces. Still figuring that out!

Also looking for people who'd like to assist at the end either approaching people or being approached with little gifts. Sadly the two people who offered cannot make it for the time window.

RE: Celebration of The Spinner - Star Lin - 04-10-2015

Ah, would love to attend this, either with John or Kestlona, probably with John since he wasn't feeling that great during the Scholar event.  I would put in the time to be off from work but I already did a lot of 'need to be off by such and such time'.  I don't want to push it too much in case they decide that 'oh, well, looks like she can only do part time now'.  The computer that sets up the scheduling is now putting me in 10 hours closing shifts (this sunday is 12:30 pm to 10 pm).  If I get luck next sunday, he might be a little late for the event.

RE: Celebration of The Spinner - Jancis - 04-14-2015

(04-10-2015, 02:37 PM)Star Lin Wrote: Ah, would love to attend this, either with John or Kestlona, probably with John since he wasn't feeling that great during the Scholar event.  I would put in the time to be off from work but I already did a lot of 'need to be off by such and such time'.  I don't want to push it too much in case they decide that 'oh, well, looks like she can only do part time now'.  The computer that sets up the scheduling is now putting me in 10 hours closing shifts (this sunday is 12:30 pm to 10 pm).  If I get luck next sunday, he might be a little late for the event.

I worked retail many a year and closed many a Sunday; I understand!

Working with Arrelaine to get back to some of that Nald'thal feel so that should be some nice ambiance and we also have another story teller in the works!

It still should all be about a hour of stories so there will be plenty of free form time afterwards.

Jancis will be sending out lilies to all her friends and acquaintances tonight.

The area is very lowbie friendly this month, but if anyone needs help reaching Moraby please let us know or if you need an IC excuse post here we have the rest of the week to work something out and make it happen!

RE: Celebration of The Spinner - CrimsonMars - 04-14-2015

Since Chiyo is studying monkihood and Rhalgar has something to do with her, I'll see if she can attend. Big Grin

RE: Celebration of The Spinner - SM Nick - 04-14-2015

Hopefully I can actually make it this time. I wish I could bring all 6 of my characters here lol.

RE: Celebration of The Spinner - Star Lin - 04-14-2015

Yep, just as I thought.  The computer put me in the closing shift again as a 10 hour shift.  So I will not be able to attend this event.  Have fun everyone and hopefully I'll get lucky (not holding my breath on that) and make it to the next one.

RE: Celebration of The Spinner - Jancis - 04-14-2015

(04-14-2015, 10:05 AM)CrimsonMars Wrote: Since Chiyo is studying monkihood and Rhalgar has something to do with her, I'll see if she can attend. Big Grin

Wonderful! Be great to see the fiery Seeker along!

(04-14-2015, 10:51 AM)SM Nick Wrote: Hopefully I can actually make it this time. I wish I could bring all 6 of my characters here lol.

Pick whichever one will enjoy and have the best experience for you; a little depth goes a long way.

(04-14-2015, 10:57 AM)Star Lin Wrote: Yep, just as I thought.  The computer put me in the closing shift again as a 10 hour shift.  So I will not be able to attend this event.  Have fun everyone and hopefully I'll get lucky (not holding my breath on that) and make it to the next one.

Curse you computer.

[Image: 54164.jpg]

We still have five more of these to do and it will mix up times so surely another will work out.

Still going to bug friends about helping out with after celebration freeform RP. I'll be touching base with last minute details tonight and get everything set for Sunday! *rakes small rocks into the ocean*

RE: Celebration of The Spinner - Cliodhna Eoghan - 04-14-2015

(04-10-2015, 11:43 AM)Jancis Wrote: That guy is going to be whispering sweet rambling nothings in his fiance's ear. Laugh

Hats sound wonderful! I might also need some help with making some armor pieces. Still figuring that out!

Also looking for people who'd like to assist at the end either approaching people or being approached with little gifts. Sadly the two people who offered cannot make it for the time window.

i can help pass out stuff if you like o3o

RE: Celebration of The Spinner - Jancis - 04-15-2015

(04-14-2015, 03:15 PM)Cliodhna Eoghan Wrote: i can help pass out stuff if you like o3o
 I'll send you the notes for it and we can touch base sometime this week!

People involved (and maybe involved) have my event notes coming to them via PM and I'll be online all this week to answer questions and get together for supplies and other needs!

So excited! Only half a week away!

RE: Celebration of The Spinner - Sunday 8pm Eastern - Jancis - 04-16-2015

Updated the roster and highlighted the time.

Very excited to manage to have Nymeia's own priestess Eva Zelorius join the pilgrimage!

She will be there giving blessings and sharing one of her parables. Laugh

Again do not hesitate to PM me or reply here if you want your character to get a reason to go.