Hydaelyn Role-Players
Ala Mhigo (2.55 spoiler) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Ala Mhigo (2.55 spoiler) (/showthread.php?tid=11026)

Pages: 1 2

Ala Mhigo (2.55 spoiler) - Seriphyn - 04-09-2015

Upon encountering Vice Flame Marshal Pipin Tarupin (adopted son of Raubahn) he says: "I have been on the Ala Mhigan front these past few moons, but an urgent communication called me back to Ul'dah"

What could this mean? Is the Immortal Flames actively fighting against the Empire in Gyr Abania, perhaps making use of that Ala Mhigan Brigade? I do remember back in 2.1, there was some dialogue that mentioned something along the lines of the Ala Mhigan refugees believing there was enough traction/momentum to take back Ala Mhigo following the Black Wolf's defeat.

Has any of this come up before? I was under the impression Eorzea conceded that region altogether.

RE: Ala Mhigo (2.55 spoiler) - Domri Blackblade - 04-09-2015

My reaction to that was verbatim, "WHY AM I NOT ALLOWED TO TAKE PART IN THESE FRONT LINES?" To me, that is a hint that there will be a Gyr Abanian push eventually in an expansion. (The endgame potential is crazy.)

I think the problem is there's a lot of issues Eorzea still needs to take care of. *cough*ASCIANS*cough* I don't think everyone has given up on it.

Domri certainly has not.

RE: Ala Mhigo (2.55 spoiler) - Coatleque - 04-09-2015

A "Front" does not imply that war is in progress. They could be there patrolling the border and nothing more. You would think they would be more worried about dismantling the existing Castrums rather than probing a remote border's defenses. Very poor strategy all around from the alliance.

RE: Ala Mhigo (2.55 spoiler) - Berrod Armstrong - 04-09-2015

Neither has Berrod; though to fill the time between that content and now I focus his attention on taking care of (and maybe employing/training) the ones who have had a more difficult lot.

RE: Ala Mhigo (2.55 spoiler) - Melkire - 04-09-2015

(04-09-2015, 03:49 PM)Coatleque Wrote: A "Front" does not imply that war is in progress. They could be there patrolling the border and nothing more. You would think they would be more worried about dismantling the existing Castrums rather than probing a remote border's defenses. Very poor strategy all around from the alliance.

Yes, but don't you see, if we don't have someone show up from the Ala Mhigan front, we can't tease that area, and Garlemald, as the 4.0 and 5.0 expansions!

#marketing

RE: Ala Mhigo (2.55 spoiler) - Dogberry - 04-09-2015

A "front" could also mean a resistance movement rather than an actual place. Being "On the front" might be a vague way of saying "I've been working with the resistance." That kind of double talk and misdirection is vital when operating a large clandestine spy network.

RE: Ala Mhigo (2.55 spoiler) - Bryn - 04-09-2015

(04-09-2015, 04:01 PM)Dogberry Wrote: A "front" could also mean a resistance movement rather than an actual place. Being "On the front" might be a vague way of saying "I've been working with the resistance." That kind of double talk and misdirection is vital when operating a large clandestine spy network.

This. The lore has stated that the Resistance is still very much alive and well in Gyr Abania.

I took Pipin's line to mean that he had been working with the Resistance in an individual capacity, or as has been said, with the Ala Mhigan Flames cohort. As Raubahn's adopted son, it's possible that Pipin is himself also 'Mhigan and thus has an interest in freeing AM.

And I expect the liberation of Ala Mhigo to be expansion pack #2, as it seems to me to be the most logical step after Havensward. After that I would expect perhaps an expansion around Sharlayan, and on from there (following FFXI's pattern), areas outside of Eorzea.

RE: Ala Mhigo (2.55 spoiler) - Erik Mynhier - 04-09-2015

My thought, Ala Mhigo will be mentioned lightly but as a wink up through 3.2 like ishgard was up through 2.2. Then like ishgard it will become a bigger and bigger background story until the last update where we will be a part of the Liberation of Ala Mhigo ala Steps of Faith. The expansion will see the City and areas of Gyr open as well as Samurai, Red Mage, and Blue Mage all purchase-locked behind the msq and the expansion. Wink

RE: Ala Mhigo (2.55 spoiler) - Chris Ganale - 04-09-2015

(04-09-2015, 04:35 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: My thought, Ala Mhigo will be mentioned lightly but as a wink up through 3.2 like ishgard was up through 2.2. Then like ishgard it will become a bigger and bigger background story until the last update where we will be a part of the Liberation of Ala Mhigo ala Steps of Faith. The expansion will see the City and areas of Gyr open as well as Samurai, Red Mage, and Blue Mage all purchase-locked behind the msq and the expansion. Wink

I was on board up until that. That's just a low blow. /sobs

RE: Ala Mhigo (2.55 spoiler) - Melkire - 04-09-2015

I can't see SAM anymore, much as some folks want to. NIN owns the creative space, and there'll be major overlap with RDM / Rune Fencer if either of those become a thing (pretty sure they will, given Ilberd's scene in 2.55 with Raubahn). I can't see BLU coming out of Ala Mhigo, they don't seem the type according to what lore we have. I'd expect BLU to come out of Sharlayan or some such place instead.

But yes, there is clearly some watch on the region's border, the Resistance is still a thing, and Immortal Flames involvement doesn't surprise me considering that the I.F. are essentially Ul'dah's military.

cough Ala Mhigo is Poland cough

RE: Ala Mhigo (2.55 spoiler) - Aya - 04-09-2015

[Image: 004fd7673567416bc9315510d92205ce.jpg]

...for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under Garlean rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom – for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

RE: Ala Mhigo (2.55 spoiler) - Seye Qhesu - 04-09-2015

(04-09-2015, 05:26 PM)Aya Wrote: [Image: 004fd7673567416bc9315510d92205ce.jpg]

...for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under Garlean rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom – for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
*bri moons the entire Garlean Army*

I would love to see something in the xpac about this or a push for it! I did notice it during the story line but at the same time I was still in awe about what the hell just happened so I didn't dwell on it too much. Now that you got me thinking I am just like 'LETS DO THIS!'. The Rp potential alone besides content is a dream come true.

RE: Ala Mhigo (2.55 spoiler) - cuideag - 04-09-2015

I imagine it's basically a given that Ala Mhigo will be an expansion (praise be, Yoshi-P, お楽しみに, amen). HELLA EXCITED. Going back home will be very eye-opening for my horrible Delial I am sure.

RE: Ala Mhigo (2.55 spoiler) - Steel Wolf - 04-09-2015

I honestly hope that some of these assumptions come true, if only because an ex-pack where we fight to help liberate Ala Mhigo would have Steel significantly more emotionally invested than helping fight off a threat to a city of zealot knights.

RE: Ala Mhigo (2.55 spoiler) - Erik Mynhier - 04-09-2015

(04-09-2015, 05:19 PM)Chris Ganale Wrote:
(04-09-2015, 04:35 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: My thought, Ala Mhigo will be mentioned lightly but as a wink up through 3.2 like ishgard was up through 2.2. Then like ishgard it will become a bigger and bigger background story until the last update where we will be a part of the Liberation of Ala Mhigo ala Steps of Faith. The expansion will see the City and areas of Gyr open as well as Samurai, Red Mage, and Blue Mage all purchase-locked behind the msq and the expansion. Wink

I was on board up until that. That's just a low blow. /sobs

Yeah the last part was ment as a joke/commentary. A buddy of mine is upset as he just started because of Heavensward and the Machinist class. The emote denotes jest. He is mad though lol.