Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] lf rp partners! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] lf rp partners! (/showthread.php?tid=10983)

Pages: 1 2

lf rp partners! - Judal - 04-07-2015

Hello all! It's about time I start some character development, so I'm looking for rp partners willing to interact with my girl Roroko. Here is a link to her work-in-progress wiki page; I'll be adding more soon! This is a copy/paste of the General section:

Quote:Roroko is a full-time Ul’dahn merchant with a lingering desire to venture out past the city walls. Having been cloistered within the gilded city’s walls for most of her life, the Lalafell has little to no knowledge of the outside world around it; most of what she does know is information she picked up from books or from a very brief year of travelling in La Noscea with her husband (now deceased). She is an avid reader and, despite complaining about it on a near-daily basis, very dedicated to her work.

As a merchant she has dabbled in both legal and illegal work (even personally believing there is no such thing as a "good" merchant in Ul’dah), but tries to the best of her ability to stay out of anything that could have detrimental effects on herself, her clients, or the surrounding community as a whole.

I'm looking for:
  • Acquaintances and friends (all types welcome!); bonus if they'd be interested in accompanying her outside of Ul'dah sometimes
  • Potential guards and other adventurers to help with her business
  • Tutors to further her hobbyist studies- culinarians, black mages, scholars, warriors, etc.
  • And RP linkshells as well!
Thank you for reading, hope to hear back from some of you c:

RE: lf rp partners! - Cymakara - 04-07-2015

I offer to her William, who's full profile is in my signature, but the short description is simple: He's a fairly unpredictable oddball, and a merchant of his own (Toys, Plushies, Dolls, mostly) that has no real fame, but a deal of infamy for being... Well, a major trickster, chaoticly playful, and the like.

RE: lf rp partners! - Judal - 04-07-2015

(04-07-2015, 12:23 AM)Cymakara Wrote: I offer to her William, who's full profile is in my signature, but the short description is simple: He's a fairly unpredictable oddball, and a merchant of his own (Toys, Plushies, Dolls, mostly) that has no real fame, but a deal of infamy for being... Well, a major trickster, chaoticly playful, and the like.
Playfulness is much-welcome, William would be a breath of fresh air for Roro :D If they get to the topic she can probably help him out with his business, too!

What times are you usually on? My schedule is random but for the most part if it's not a Wednesday or Thursday I can guarantee to be online between 8 pm - 2 am EST!

Heh... You say that, but theres sides to William she may be unprepared for (Especially being a widow, but we can discuss that further some other time) I play randomly, either when I feel like leveling, or if someone asks for me to come on (Which has yet to happen). I'm CST time, equally I'm free to talk more quickly on Skype if you wish.

RE: lf rp partners! - Kurt S. - 04-07-2015

I could toss Ramona your way. I mean she IS a Black Mage Thaumaturge, so there could be a few things she could share. I say 'could' since she's lost her memory and basically does thaumaturgy out of instinct rather than study.

Also her family used to be Pot/Coke/Borax dealers based in Ul'dah but now she's inherited the business so at the very least they could trade business ideas and concepts...if Roroko can tolerate Ramomo's general smartassery. She's looking into expanding the variety of the things they sell and by 'they' I mean her retainer Skaenorn Seumthinsyn.

(04-07-2015, 02:32 AM)Cymakara Wrote: Heh... You say that, but theres sides to William she may be unprepared for (Especially being a widow, but we can discuss that further some other time) I play randomly, either when I feel like leveling, or if someone asks for me to come on (Which has yet to happen). I'm CST time, equally I'm free to talk more quickly on Skype if you wish.
If he isn't a stuffy old merchant it'll be fine I'm sure :p But yes, I'm definitely excited to see what could possibly develop. Skype is much better though- I can't be in-game all the time but I'm almost always readily available on skype! I'll send you a message with mine!

(04-07-2015, 03:59 AM)Ramuhnuh Wrote: I could toss Ramona your way. I mean she IS a Black Mage Thaumaturge, so there could be a few things she could share. I say 'could' since she's lost her memory and basically does thaumaturgy out of instinct rather than study.

Also her family used to be Pot/Coke/Borax dealers based in Ul'dah but now she's inherited the business so at the very least they could trade business ideas and concepts...if Roroko can tolerate Ramomo's general smartassery. She's looking into expanding the variety of the things they sell and by 'they' I mean her retainer Skaenorn Seumthinsyn.
When it comes to black magic/thaumaturgy Roroko tries to do it 'by the book', so interacting with Ramona and seeing someone who can do it without being all book-y about it would be pretty great and would help Roroko out a lot!! I'd be more than happy to have them meet.

Potential business partners would be good too, and Roroko is also looking to expand her inventory by way of adventuring and finding potential valuable resources to sell. When are you usually in-game? :0

RE: lf rp partners! - Kurt S. - 04-07-2015

(04-07-2015, 04:24 AM)Judal Wrote:
(04-07-2015, 03:59 AM)Ramuhnuh Wrote: I could toss Ramona your way. I mean she IS a Black Mage Thaumaturge, so there could be a few things she could share. I say 'could' since she's lost her memory and basically does thaumaturgy out of instinct rather than study.

When it comes to black magic/thaumaturgy Roroko tries to do it 'by the book', so interacting with Ramona and seeing someone who can do it without being all book-y about it would be pretty great and would help Roroko out a lot!! I'd be more than happy to have them meet.

Potential business partners would be good too, and Roroko is also looking to expand her inventory by way of adventuring and finding potential valuable resources to sell. When are you usually in-game? :0

THat's the tricky bit, I'm on at weird times but I'll translate my GMT+8 times to EDT Or so Worldtimebuddy.com says. 

Also Ramona is doing the exact same thing. Adventuring to help her find opportunities and the like to expand her business's inventory. If you can't find me on Ramona, refer to my sig for the other characters I'm in, it'll either be Kurt, Nah or Ramona really. 

Now for the weird bit
You'll usually find me 10pm to like 11am EDT/EST. Though it can be as early as 8pm up until like 1pm EDT/EST.

Sorry I'm not really good with these Timezones but you have the rough estimates.

RE: lf rp partners! - Meishali - 04-07-2015

Your character looks like fun! My girl is mostly in Ul'dah so it looks like our RPs are compatible. Moreover, she could do a mission or two for your character/help with her business! Here is my char's wiki and here is my IC info. Feel free to take my skype or PM me to plan a little meeting for casual RP! O: I'm in Paris, France, so it's GMT +2 for me (I think, I always get confused with timezones o(-(), but I'm up at weird hours, so anything is fine in general.

RE: lf rp partners! - Faye - 04-07-2015

Hello there! I'd be glad to role-play sometime! I have a few characters to choose from--one of whom certainly wouldn't mind some guard work.

All I'm saying is this. RP with this person! One of my first RP experiences and gosh @w@ I can't even talk about how awesome Roroko is without sounding creepy or fanboyish. The RPer is friendly and kind too! i still ship it

RE: lf rp partners! - Judal - 04-08-2015

(04-07-2015, 04:45 AM)Ramuhnuh Wrote: THat's the tricky bit, I'm on at weird times but I'll translate my GMT+8 times to EDT Or so Worldtimebuddy.com says. 

Also Ramona is doing the exact same thing. Adventuring to help her find opportunities and the like to expand her business's inventory. If you can't find me on Ramona, refer to my sig for the other characters I'm in, it'll either be Kurt, Nah or Ramona really. 

Now for the weird bit
You'll usually find me 10pm to like 11am EDT/EST. Though it can be as early as 8pm up until like 1pm EDT/EST.

Sorry I'm not really good with these Timezones but you have the rough estimates.

I appreciate the fact that you translated for me, I'm very bad with timezones if I don't have a website to help me <3 That's a good time for me, as I'm guaranteed to be in-game that late at night XD If you're on in two or so days (I have to babysit tonight and tomorrow probably) I'll be happy to hit you up in game and rp!

(04-07-2015, 08:33 AM)Meishali Wrote: Your character looks like fun! My girl is mostly in Ul'dah so it looks like our RPs are compatible. Moreover, she could do a mission or two for your character/help with her business! Here is my char's wiki and here is my IC info. Feel free to take my skype or PM me to plan a little meeting for casual RP! O: I'm in Paris, France, so it's GMT +2 for me (I think, I always get confused with timezones o(-(), but I'm up at weird hours, so anything is fine in general.

That's great! Read up your wiki and I'm all for them meeting up, pretty excited about it too :D I won't be able to play tomorrow so I'll go ahead and add you on skype, for the most part I am almost always on skype as compared to in-game so getting a hold of me there will be much easier.

(04-07-2015, 04:18 PM)Faye Wrote: Hello there! I'd be glad to role-play sometime! I have a few characters to choose from--one of whom certainly wouldn't mind some guard work.

Any particular characters you have in mind, or would any be fine? :0

RE: lf rp partners! - Kiera Hawkeye - 04-09-2015

I think my character, Kiera, would make a good fit. I don't have a wiki up since I just made her, but here's the gist: She's an adventurer working odd jobs to help support her young son as he pursues the art of conjuring in Gridania. She is very self-confident in her abilities, and ever since her son departed, has taken on the tendencies of her youth (partying, and such). She's loyal, and never tries to do any wrong to anybody, that is, if they don't deserve it. 

I'm usually open between 12pm-9pm Mountain Time (US), often later on days off. or, 2pm-11pm EST, is that's easier than trying to figure it out. She'd definitely be interested in guard work and being a tutor.