Hydaelyn Role-Players
Tarot and You? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Tarot and You? (/showthread.php?tid=10939)

Pages: 1 2

Tarot and You? - Remnance - 04-04-2015

A long time ago me, and Felix Sideris went into transcribing tarot cards into the FFXIV world.  We've used it off and on and then real life got in the way.  I haven't seen my fellow reader around as we both got busy.

What this brings is an interest in really getting the craft out there.  I have been looking for a way to get back into rp'ing and I've decided to open up my reading of the cards icly.

Given the fact that the expansion is bringing in the Astrologian.  What better time to start up my practice in full swing.

I will post in this thread at time or ahead time when I can take a Querent.  Average sessions last about 45 minutes for a 3 card reading.  I dare not do the Celtic Cross reading as much as I love it IRL.  That would take hours.  Typing/Rping just draws it out.

If you are interesting feel free to respond and I'll try my best to start the readings.  Readings can be based off of specific questions or just open messages to be received.  

Clouse Sydonis is currently using The Oak Inn at Plot 16, the 6th ward of the Lavender Beds.  I have a private room or it can be done at the Inn room.  Querent's choice.

I hope to hear from interested rp'ers.

RE: Tarot and You? - Cliodhna Eoghan - 04-04-2015

sounds fun. i've only done one ic reading before but i'd love to do another one >u<

RE: Tarot and You? - Devereau - 04-04-2015

That is a really cool idea, and a good way of practicing and feeling out a particular deck, if that is something you find yourself in need of. If you are in need of fodder, I would be happy to participate. I know such things take effort and time as well, and I would be happy to work out at least some means of gratitude in game. I will see if I can get a hold of you!

RE: Tarot and You? - Val - 04-04-2015

My character Vallois is actually pretty into it, and Val wanted to get one done for himself and his lady~ It would be really fun to do sometime!

RE: Tarot and You? - Nebbs - 04-04-2015

Hey Clouse!

ICley I am very much into fate and fortune so it could be interesting. There are a few others too.

Jancis is looking for "LF Nymeia Followers, Bards, Seers" for a celebration event [here]

Zaheela has been arting a set of cards with peoples' characters [here]

Dogberry has run a fortune telling event [here]

I am really stoked for the astrologian as this fits really well with the fate side, as you point out Smile

RE: Tarot and You? - Remnance - 04-04-2015

Thank you all for your interest.  

Nebbs, I've started a few replies and private messages.  Thanks for the links.

Devereau , Yeah.  I'm a bit rusty; so this is perfect for me to get back to reteaching myself.  I have one full deck I use for the reading that I have synch to me so to say.  I also have a app on my cell phone, but that is more for studying to me.  I prefer physical cards to do a real reading.

Now that does remind me, I need to find my solo Major Arcana Set.  I haven't seen it since the move.

Val and and Cliodhna (and above), I'd be glad to give readings when I have the time.  This will also be great, since we have 3 months to expansion and the game's grind has been getting to me lately.

In fact, I have about an hour or so right now.  I think I can get at least one reading done safely.  Logging in to see if anyone is around.  Yeah, I might have random hours for my readings.

I'm going to be remaking my personal link shell into this and feel free to friend me Clouse Sydonis.

For IC purposes, I will say that Clouse has been putting up enchanted flyers that will update themselves when he has times.  (In this case, the forums)  I will try and get to all interested, but readings do take an average of 30 to 45 minutes.

RE: Tarot and You? - Nebbs - 04-04-2015

I just did this, and would recommend it to all!

[Image: ffxiv.exe_DX9_20150404_153037.jpg]

Just got back from errands.  Opening up the Tarot readings.  If in dungeon, I'll finish that one and won't queue again.

This is only posted with the permission of the Querent (Nebbs).  I take a reading to be a private matter and will never ask if I can post.  I will try and save a copy for myself so I can research more on the cards drawn.  

Slightly edited for spelling errors and adapting them to lost card descriptions.
I will be glad to send a private message on this board with the copy for the Querent.

Reading - Nebula Stardancer'
Real Life Cards
Cards Drawn in Order 4 of wands Reversed, The Sun Reversed, and 6 of Swords Upright
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[10:02]Nebula Stardancer' enters witha  smile, "Hello, fate has brought me toyour door"
 [10:03]Clouse Sydonis"Good morning." Smirks, "Fate has an interesting way of doing that.  I take it you are not here for aroom them."
[10:03]Nebula Stardancer' looks at Clouse with somerecognition, "I think I know you?"
 [10:04]Clouse Sydonislooks her over curiously, "It is possible. 
I used to know many before certain events.  But I can't be sure.  I'm Clouse Sydonis.  A pleasure."
[10:04]You bow.
[10:04]Nebula Stardancer': "Am I? Who knows.. though Ialready live someplace.. so probably something elese."
 [10:05]>>Nebula Stardancer': yeah, he just went through major depression.  Though he's been on the mend.  Every so often it starts to affect his happydemeanor though
[10:05]Nebula Stardancer' gazes upon you in deep reflection.
[10:07]Nebula Stardancer' is younger than even Clouse mayrecall, and she has the look of a hedge witch with about her, "Something.. crystal.. something. I do know you, from the before time.""
 [10:10]Clouse Sydonissmiles "Well, when fate is ready then we will know the time again."  The youth was reallythrowing off any chance of recognition with him right now.  "So Fate made this visit then, PerhapsFate should shed some light and answer your questions.
[10:12]Clouse Sydonis he reaches down in a power pulling outa small bundle wrapped in pure silk.  Thebundle has a slight aetheric glow to it.

[10:13]Nebula Stardancer' smiles, ooh.. yes, Cards! I haveyet to use cards, normally just tea, stars and palms.. "Can you do me a reading?"
 [10:15]Clouse Sydoniswas plesantly suprised at her responce. 
Though in truth, he had been out in the field for ages and didn'trealize more would know about the cards. 
Perhaps Felix had been more busy in this his works.  "I'd be glad too.  Lets take a seat.  The Inn is pretty dead this early so I thinkprivacy won't be an issue."
[10:15]Nebula Stardancer' nods to you.
 [10:15]NebulaStardancer' takes her hat and stick off
[10:17]Nebula Stardancer' sits and looks at Clouse, and apresence seems to fall over them both, as if Nymeia were closer
[10:18]Clouse Sydonis sets down the bundle carefully upfolding the cloth.  The cloth itself wasa bright red with the images of a wand, start, moon, chalice, ands sword painted on.  Around the edges were asymbol for each of the twelve.  Clousewas always good at feeling Aetheric energy smiling softly.  "This should prove interesting.  Let's since what Nymeia will allow us toknow.  Do you have a specificquestion?"
[10:19]Nebula Stardancer' gazes upon you in deep reflection.
[10:19]Clouse Sydonis he picks up the crystallinecards.  They looked similar to FateLeves, but these were thinner and different yet.  The deck was 72 cards high as he started toshuffle.

[10:21]Nebula Stardancer': "Well I was sent to learnother forms of magic. So I have joined an academy that teaches all forms as well as other skills. Though they also have an aim to be active in fighting for the good of Eorzia.."
[10:21]Nebula Stardancer': "So it would be good to knowif it is the place I should stay for the moment, or should I seek other paths?"
[10:23]Clouse Sydonis nods softly as he begins to repeatthis to the cards.  A whispering breathas the words breath over the cards. 
Their Aetheric strength growing as he shuffles every which way.  Then he stacks them in the middle touchingthe top card.  "Feel for yourself andcut the deck."
 [10:25]NebulaStardancer' reaches forwards and closes her eyes, she lifts the cards slightly and lets them slowly fall one by one.. until one catches in her fingers, she then places the top half on the table next to the other.
 [10:28]NebulaStardancer' then flicks the other half watching it spread out, and running her finger over the cards she seperates them into two, then restacks them so there are now three stacks of cards

[10:30]Clouse Sydonis nods placing those cards in front ofher.  Their visions starting to shift alittle as images appear that only they can. 
Clouse doesn't need to look at these cards to know them.  This deck is attuned to his very soul.  Still he flips them for her to see.
 [10:32]Clouse Sydonis"The Fourth Disciple of Magic reversed.  Imagesof a couple surrounded by a canopy which is held up by the four wants as pillars.  The moon bright in the background."
 [10:34]Clouse Sydonis"The next card The Sun reversed. 
Brilliant and golden, yet it shines brightly in the distance."
[10:34]Nebula Stardancer': "ooh wands as moon.. I likethat card"
[10:35]Nebula Stardancer': "And sun in the distance,that could be my Farthers side.. he is a seeker"
[10:36]Clouse Sydonis smiles softly revealing the last oneto her.  "The Six Disciple of War.  Two travelers rowing across a lake toward alust vibrant forest.  The moon as theguide with the swords as a compass."
[10:36]Nebula Stardancer': "Oh will I bekidnapped?"
[10:38]Clouse Sydonis The images align showing her a tale ofchallenges. Two becoming many as the sun and moon blow glow with beauty.  "Well, it is always possible as thehardship.  However, these cards tell youthat you are one the right path, just not a finished one."
[10:38]Nebula Stardancer' nods to you.

[10:38]Clouse Sydonis "The future is as bright as theSun's golden rays.  However, you stillhave a journey and a challenge to overcome. 
You are where you need to be, because your skills and talents will beneeded."
[10:39]Nebula Stardancer': "Oh that's good.. and theperson in the boat? Friend? Lover? Enemy?"
 [10:39]Clouse Sydonis"If you stay true then you will succeed.  Judging by the 6 of Swords and the 4 ofwands.  Probably a romantic relationshipof sorts.
[10:40]Nebula Stardancer' looke a little mixed about that,"Well we will see, but good to know this is the right path."
[10:40]Clouse Sydonis "I hope that helps.  Still, remember that the cards just guideyou.  In the end, these are your choicesto make."
[10:41]Clouse Sydonis begins to reassemble the deck andcarefully put it away as the Aetheric energy wanes.
[10:42]Nebula Stardancer' smiles, "That which is wovenin behind us, that which has yet to be woven is before us and not certain, it is in the moment where we set the weave in place and thus for those with the will our fate can be what we make it."
[10:43]Clouse Sydonis nods "You understand well thetruth."
[10:43]Nebula Stardancer' nods to you.
 [10:44]Clouse Sydonis"If you need another reading, I rent a room here.  But do give it some time, or you'll just getthe same message.  The cards are FaeLevesare finicky like that."
[10:44]Nebula Stardancer': "Yes, from a certainperspective. And may Nymeia bless your cards and those who seek you out."

[10:45]Clouse Sydonis "My thanks, And may she bless thepath you walk, Miss."
[10:45]Nebula Stardancer': "I will, and perhaps we willdo this again or I can return the favor."
[10:46]Clouse Sydonis he was curious, but he wasn't one topry. "I'd be glad to and let others know I reading again.  Though few know of me to start with."
[10:46]Clouse Sydonis "Well knew of my readings."
[10:46]Nebula Stardancer' holds her belly that rumbles,"See Nymeia already urges me to move and seek out ... " she tastes her lips, "fish.. yes some nice fish"
 [10:47]NebulaStardancer': "I will let others know, but often their own feet will carry them to you in unexpected places"
[10:47]Clouse Sydonis smirks.  "Well, then next time.  I'll have to cook.  I know a great seasoning recipe.  I just don't have it prepared."
[10:48]Nebula Stardancer' smiles, "I think this is moreto do with a fisherman who has some troubles than me getting to eat"
[10:48]Nebula Stardancer' bows courteously to you.
[10:48]Clouse Sydonis "True, that would probably bebest for others to find me when they are meant to find me."
[10:48]You bow courteously to Nebula Stardancer'.

[10:48]Nebula Stardancer' collects her things, "Untilnext we meet Clouse"

Taking a break for a bit.  Just did another reading.  Thanks to all.

RE: Tarot and You? - Arkghyom - 04-04-2015

As an avid tarot reader, I would like to know the equivalence of the system you guys implemented.

Private message sent, but willing to go into some detail for others if there is an interest.  I'll post the lore we came up with soon.

RE: Tarot and You? - Cliodhna Eoghan - 04-05-2015

whenever you get a free moment for another one; go ahead and gimmie a poke in game pls! >u<

RE: Tarot and You? - Remnance - 04-05-2015

Finishing a few promised today.  Will open up free form probably tomorrow depending on schedule.